Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#395199 08/18/00 05:46 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Once again, I'm getting called into work soon! I can't get a break here but wanted to at least give you a tidbit on your profile.<P>You are a Sagittarius/(wood) Horse.<BR>Your H is a Leo/(wood) Horse.<P>As far as compatablity, you aren't the most harmonius (duh!) You were initially attracted by your similarities and are able to cement a solid friendship but whenever two likes attract, there is a danger of boredom and lack of excitement that may smother this hardworking (your signiture horse trait) couple. You will need to agree to slough off convention and allow each to remain free to go your own way. (I don't think this astrologist is a Harley principle follower)<P>You are both open minded so you will need an extra dose of flexiblity to function as a productive team. However, the hot-headed, headstrong, wiffulness of two Horses can threaten your marriage with discord. <P>As both of you are gamblers, financial instability can also weaken the marriage. Hire and accountant and try to keep your social life active. The influence of softer, more gentle souls, will improve the double Horse "entente" (I don't know what this means but it sounded important).<P>Individualism is not always the best ingredient to ensure the success of a team. The Horse couple's tempestuous sex life will reflect excessive egocentricity on both sides which may cause the eventual demise of this otherwise effective and hardy couple.<P>Sounds like mine and my H's profile--it also reflects alot of work but it can be done. Don't let it discourage you. Maybe it helps explain some things so you're not banging your head against the wall so much.<P>Gotta go--btw, your ow is a "dog"-but you already knew that! And their profile is encouraging for you! I'll try to come back and write it out--meeting my "rabbit" for lunch. BTW, I'm a snake!LOL

#395200 08/18/00 07:16 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Back after lunch w/ hubby. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Horse with Dog:<P>If this pair hires a nanny, housekeeper, a laundress, and a cook, they can probably establish a very sound love relationship.<P>Neither one is into that scene. They are both too effective, active, project-oriented type people to deal with day to day, stay-at-home drudgery. <P>Horses are characteristically profligate w/ money. They take chances with it others would not. This risky trait fills the nervous Dog with fear. The Horse hates to be reminded of profligacy but the sarcastic Dog cannot keep quiet for long. Fights-yes, I said FIGHTS, ensue. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>(Unfortunately) this is a good sexual match. They are mutually honorable (?!) people w/ a refined sense of social conscience and loyalty. <P>So that is what you are up against. Know your opponent. Beat her at her own game. <P>Let me see how far I can get w/ your profile now.<P>L

#395201 08/18/00 07:56 PM
C
C
Leilana- Can you tell me how compatible my H and I are? I am a sagittarius H is a aquarius.<P>Thanks,<P>JIll

#395202 08/18/00 08:28 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Jill,<P>Will be happy to for anyone who asks but it may take me awhile. Going off to work now and you know how the weekends are... <P>I need to know your exact birthdates Month/day/year. It's a mixture of western and chinese astrology. <P>Forgive me if I'm so slow in responding. <P>Mahalo, <P>L

#395203 08/18/00 08:31 PM
C
C
L- No problem. My B-date is 11-23-64<BR>H-2-01-60

#395204 08/18/00 09:27 PM
H
H
Leilana - <P>This should be interesting. My birthday is January 7, 1971. My H's (Empty Shell) birthday is September 27, 1962

#395205 08/18/00 10:17 PM
M
MF Offline
M
Leilana,<BR>Now you are in trouble!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I love to know about my H and myself. it's ok to take time as long as you want to..<BR>My b-day: Jan. 5, 1968<BR>My H's: April 18, 1962<P>I really appreciate it!<BR>Thanks,<BR>Meg

#395206 08/19/00 09:27 AM
L
L
Leilana,<BR>This sounds so interesting!! If you wouldn't mind my birthday is 4-15-73 and H's is 10-5-74. Thank you so much can't wait to read it, if you rather email me my address is leelee415@prodigy.net. thank you!

#395207 08/19/00 10:50 AM
R
R
So cool, Thanks a bunch Leilana!<P>That can't be true of OW and H regarding any kind of social conscience. Yeah, maybe their sex is good BUT neither of them have morals or standards. They both just fly by the seat of their pants when it comes to their hormones. OW threatened many times to have men, any man, come over and DO her while my H was still living at home. She felt she owned my H and making him jealous by having sex w/other men (his friends included) would get him to move out, and you know what, he did. <P>Now THATS Honorable and loyal and shows an extreme degree of social conscience, don't you think??? (major sarcasm)<P>Jo <P>But thanks for the reading, Leilana.<p>[This message has been edited by Resilient (edited August 19, 2000).]

#395208 08/20/00 12:44 AM
N
N
Resilient. So sorry for using your post but.....<BR>Leilana I'd like to join in. I'm very interested in this sort of thing. My birthday is 5/7/65 and my husbands is 8/8/67.I'm not going anywhere soon and am really looking forward to what you have to say.Thanks.

#395209 08/19/00 04:43 PM
Y
Y
Leilana:<P>I really liked your response about "Male Betrayers". You seem like you have been around MB a while so I would like your input about my H. I have been suspicous for a long while have tried to catch him to no avail. <BR>(FYI I am Pisces 3/9/62 he is Cancer 7/12/54)<P>I am confident that I have not been fulfilling his EN... and want to improve things. Can you start Plan A w/o the A in the open? FYI he seems to have shifted his communication style from being irritated by my not aggreeing all the time to just going along as though my opinion doesn't matter. <BR>HIS EN is for me to agree with think his ideas... period... no disagreement. <P>I hope I am not asking too much of you? <P>Jackee<BR>PS Can I assume you live in Hawaii (Spelling)<P>

#395210 08/19/00 04:52 PM
R
R
How about two people born one day apart??<BR>Not that I may agree with it, but someone said we're poison.<BR>rrunrr<BR>

#395211 08/19/00 08:44 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey Jo, here you are:<P>Sagittarius/(Wood)Horse:<P>Those born in your year 1954 (not nec. sagittarian):Kathleen Turner, John Travolta, Dennis Quaid, Harvey Feinstein, Patrick Swayze, Shari Belafonte, Kevin Costner<P>Work like a horse...<BR>You are never tired. The idea of sitting in a room without doing something causes you unbearable moral pain. You work till you drop. You are active and energetic and vital. Horse people are DOERS. And whatever you set your mind to do you do it well. You make it look effortless. You collect accolades wherever you go. You find 99% self worth in your work. You are an achiever who relishes your goals. You fear failure and have an exaggerated fear of looking ridiculous. You are a solid citizen. <P> You are super intelligent! You are funloving, elegant and glib. But you have no intuition. If you are wise you will learn the trick of true human understanding by listening thru the gentler hearts of those you can trust to feel and intuit in your stead. <P>You can lead a horse to water...<BR>You are exceptionally stubborn and willful!<P>You are extremely productive, pragmatic and yet caring. You may give/give of yourself to charities but only those that help people pull themselves up by their bootstraps to finally take charge of their lives. If there is no hope for progress, you just won't give a dime.<P>You appear outlandish in speech and action but you are oddly conservative at heart. You are verbally outraeous and outspoken and often out of line! (Open mouth, insert foot--is my fire horse girlfriend's motto!)But you still long to "belong" so will end up spending much of your life learning to control your outbursts. <P>Your childhood and young adulthood was feisty, turbulent, and stormy. You were probably talented in alot of sports activities. Maturity and family obligations come late to you--usually after 30. In young adulthood, you are prone to "bag out" early on your family to seek adventure and hone your skills. But it is often the runaway Horse chld who ends up at forty or forty-five, caring for old parents.<BR>You are essentially loving, forgiving, caring.<P>Your eyes are usually clear, lively and mobile with a little provocative twinkle. You are incapable of having a poker face. Your face is just too expressive. You have a frank stare often accompanied with a knowing grin that usually wins people over to your way of thinking. YOur smile is winning andyour voice is mellifluous, resonant and cheerful. You can talk the pants (?!) off anyone.<P>You are not the mainstream idea of femininity yet yor have an active, lusty sex life and are atractive to men. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] You are probably a member of the mile high club--you often insist on odd or novel positions and are attracted to arcanely adventruous escapades. But you may be accused of lacking romance and warmth.<P>In romance, you may dream of a prince charming but oddly are often attracted to men you can handle and even squash. Or who will at least take care of the details of home and family while you are busy doing your work. Your mission comes first. Everyone else will have to revolve around YOU. You are driven. What you need is a patient, serious, nose to the grindstone partner to share in your life.<P>You may be prone to affairs if you are having a difficult chapter in your relationship or have a nagging sense of inadequacy in sex and love! <BR> <BR>Because of your work till you drop ethic and your love on control, you must also beware of nervous collapse. <P>Oh my gosh! I could go on and on--that's why I couldn't get started--there is just so much to say about you! You need your own forum! Profiles are usually time consuming and difficult but I just didn't know where to start! But it was fun. <P>If I left out any areas you might have a question in, let me know, Jo. I'd also be interested in knowing how off the mark some things were. Or maybe I could clarify something for you... <P>Aloha, <P>Leilana

#395212 08/19/00 09:20 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazy or what?:<BR><B>L- No problem. My B-date is 11-23-64<BR>H-2-01-60</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Crazy,<P>Wow! I'm so jealous! What a great additional reason to fight for and hang onto your marriage! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Rat (H) with Dragon (you):<P>An absolutley delicious marriage! The Chinses claim it as one of their best-arranged unions. The restless Rat will be warmed bythe heat of the dashing Dragon and the Dragon will bask in the Rat's generous applause. These two will complement eachother beautifully. Guaranteed bliss.<P>With the strong-willed Dragon around, the Rat will be happy to give up total control: anxieties slowly subside, bringing peace and comfort. The Dragon is so emotionally effusive that the burdein of worry will be taken off the poor little Rat's shoulders. Bigger and bolder, the Dragon will carry the weight of the loving Rat's turmoil. The Rat will not feel competitive about the Dragon's positon of strength in this couple, happy to stand in the shadows of a fervent friend/mate.<P>The Dragon and Rat team will feel like king and queen. In the Rat's eyes, the Dragon does no wrong. All the better for the lucky Dragon who loves to preen. The dazzling Dragon is so bright and exciting the the Rat's usual hearty appetite for sex may be overwhelmed. Despite his wisdom, the proud Dragon may fail to see the problem and a bruised ego will make him or her believe the Rat to be either disinterested or incompetent. A relaxed, rational discussion will clear the air and in no time, the Dragon's conversational fireworks will reignite the Rat's temporarily diminished sensuality.<P>Oooh la la! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Under Aquarius/Rat: If you love one, don't fence him in. But do tie him down. Sounds contradictory but think of him as a morning glory: To thrive, their feet must be firmly planted in the shade and their heads constantly exposed to the brightest sunlight. That's how you have to treat your Aquariius/Rat. Let him feel free but keep the lines drawn taut and don't take any nonsense. Your Rat will love you all the more for caring. (I don't get it but maybe you will!) <P>If you want to go deeper--look up Suzanne White's "New Astrology" (Combines western with chinese) or "The New Chinese Astrology" books. You are a Wood/Dragon. H is a Metal/Rat. <P>Aloha,<P>Leilana

#395213 08/19/00 09:41 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hopeful1771:<BR><B>Leilana - <P>This should be interesting. My birthday is January 7, 1971. My H's (Empty Shell) birthday is September 27, 1962</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Very interesting, hopeful. Hope you enjoy this.<P>You are a Capricorn born in a Dog (metal)year and your H is a Libra born in a Tiger (water)year:<P>Tiger with Dog: Harmony incarnate. Dogs and Tigers just plain get along. They have common causes and common philosophies. But they are very different. The Tiger is optimistic, the Dog pessimistic. But each helps the other to overcome basic character defects. <P>The Chinese call this pairing a happy alliance of muscle and heart. The Tiger has the strength to put the Dog's ideals acrosss to the public. The disqueiet Dog keeps watch and prevents the Tiger from leaping into the wrong frays. They are, simply, a great couple. <P>In bed, the Tiger usually takes the lead, which is felicitous for the tense, nervous Dog who needs to be thawed out before engaging in any heavy sexual activity. With time, this couple learns to blend eroticism with affection to achieve physical fulfillment. It is rare that such a marriage ends in divorce.<P>I love compatibilities like this!!<P>Under Libra/Tiger's: They make excellent mates. Sweet natured and sentimental. Can be vulnerable--so don't be too harsh. Enchanting, dashing and romantic, they can also be rash and argumentative. But are fun to fight with! They know how to dress and decorate lavishly. (And spend!) If you want to keep this person in your home, you must provide him with permanent opportunities for creating a splash. This person wants notoriety in his own circle and even in a cosmic way. You will best please him by staying out of the path, never making disobligin comments and secretly, skillfully, advising your loved one to keep his mouthiness in check.<P>You like? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Aloha,<P>Leilana

#395214 08/19/00 10:28 PM
M
M
Hey Leilana<P>Where are you finding this info? I have a strange facination with this kind of stuff.<P>Somehow, I think with my Bday, I would come up as the rat's behind! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just wondered. Into the paranormal and astrology world.<P>Tim

#395215 08/19/00 11:38 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
<BR>Not Giving Up & Jackee--gotta go into work again--just wanted to give you a heads up.<BR>Leelee--check your box, yours in the email. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>rrunrr--Hey, Dude--I haven't a clue--some people nail you down to the day and time of your birth and that may make a difference. I have a friend who is an unemployed lesbian TWIN of a millionaire boy-toy fashion model so go figure!! <P>Everyone has free will to make their own choices and deal with life's obtacles.<P>I thought a few things on my profile were just plain wacko until this whole A thing happened. The way I am predisposed to act to a certain situation can be totally different from the way I SHOULD act to get to where I want to be. <P>Cool, huh? <P>Medic--Howzit!! Rat's okole! Hey--you got your mojo back!! Good for you!! <P> Suzanne White--"The New Astrology" or "The New Chinese Astrology"--is where all this info comes from. So what is your birthdate?<P>I xeroxed and sent a profile to OW on her and her H just to see if it could help shed any light on their situation. Haven't really heard from her since. Ooops. My bad.<P><BR>Perhaps she wanted the compatibility profile on her with my H...Funny thing is, since I've read it, it's a tempting thought. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>a hui ho,<P>L

#395216 08/20/00 06:47 AM
M
M
Hey Leilana,<P>Boy, the weirdest stuff is happening to me!<P>I thought that Fat B@stard stole my Mojo and gave it to Dr Evil [Brian, OM] And then, I found out that Val is really a fembot. That explains a lot.<P>I never lost my Mojo, only my self esteem. I found that too, it was in my other pants pocket.<P>One day I'm going to have to live in the real world. Until then I'm happy in my own little place.<P>I think I really am a rat. Ain't that something?<P>Zippy 07/02/60<BR>Fembot 07/08/70<P>Getting better by the minute.<P>Tim

#395217 08/20/00 09:55 PM
K
K
Leilana,<BR> My goodness, we have you running all over the place doing profiles!!! I showed H the profile you did on us and he loved it. We showed it to his Mom, and now she wants want on her and her H. She posted their b-days on my Betrayers thread. She's Maybell. No A there, she's just curious what you would come up with. Again, thanks for our profile. I enjoyed it so much. You are the best!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#395218 08/20/00 10:59 PM
L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
This one's for you NGU--Hey, I'm a 10-10-65 snake, too!!:<P>You are a Taurus/(Wood)Snake<BR>Your H is a Leo/(Fire)Goat<P>Other 1965 wood (not nec. Taurus) snakes: Brook Shields, Robert Downey Jr., Charlie Sheen<P>Other 1967 fire (" " Leo) goats: Boris Becker, Keifer Sutherland, Julia Roberts<BR> <BR>Snake with Goat:<P>Charming and gracious, this pair of gentle, creative people can have the world eating out of their hands. The Goat's inherent beauty and seductive appeal, when combined wit the Snake's elegance and sensuality, forms an enviably synergistic couple. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Unfortunately, neither of these gloriously attractrive people is very handy with a calculator. They are both equally improvident, luxury-loving, even profligate about spending. Unpaid billls will pile up and each will call the other a spendthrift. Stalemate. Don't expect the Goat to find solutions. Snakes may overspend but they can also provide. Goats are detrermined to depend and be provided for.<P>Once again, the Snake's incurable "flirtations" slither into the equation. [The astrologist uses the terms "infidelity" and "flings" in this paragraph but I'm softening the wording--I'VE never had an affair--I just know I'm vulnerable!] Goats tend to be fickle too. But, even tho the Snake understands the Goat's occasional need for "flirtation", the more stubborn Goat hates to share his goodies and will freak out at the idea of Snakey's "sensual enticement of others". But never mind. Row are the stuff of these people's lives: both are addicted to passionate drama. Romantically this couple is sound. But when the harsh, overhead light of reality pierces the veneer of their relationship, the cracks and flaws may prove too numerous for its survival.<P>Ack! Not too bad, tho. Sounds like a good marriage to me! (I'm a 1965 snake, too!) Just make sure you guys got a good 401K and follow the Harley principles and you'll be just fine!!<P>Here's a little more on your Leo/Goat:<P>IF dependency there is (and dependency there will no doubt be), it show up in the Leo/Goat's love life. Once his conquest is made in finding a mate, it's a case of "Aha! Now I've got you!" and "Now you can take care of me."!<P>Leo/Goats are damned attractive, however, so don't be surprised if you find yourself hitched to one. If so, don't panic. With the proper care and feeding, your Leo born a Goat can become anything you desire. His imagination is vast and zany, his outlook anything but self-interested. He is the material from which you can mold a great human being. But you have to do the fashioning. As his mate, you are Dr. Frankenstein. Give your dreamy monster lots of room--and pleny of money. Hel'll take you places you never imagined existed. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Aloha, <P>L

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation