Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41803 12/14/99 06:30 PM
M
mschif Offline OP
OP Offline
M
<BR>Zip,<P>Well gosh, I don't know if I can help much seeing as I do seem to be in the<BR>same place as your W, having a hard time getting my feelings of love to<BR>resurface. But notice I say resurface....I'm sure they're there somewhere.<BR>Not sure exactly what the history is with you & your W, let me be brief<BR>about mine<BR>The gist of it is that I, for many years have felt like we were<BR>missing something, that I am not a priority in his life. I tried talking, to<BR>see what I could do for him that would result in him wanting to spend more quality time together.<BR>He says everything's fine. So I try to explain how I was feeling, I'd think<BR>he understood, things would seem to get better, then they fall back to where<BR>they were. 3 things have brought me to this breaking point- something I did,<BR>something H did, something H said<BR>1) I let myself become emotionally involved with OM. Not on purpose,<BR>but happened never the less. <BR>2) Took H 5 months to get me a b-day present. His excuse was that<BR>birthdays aren't a big deal to him. After 9 yrs he should know how I feel<BR>about them. Wasn't looking for diamonds & rubies, just something to say he<BR>cares.<BR>3) In an argument a couple months ago he said I've been complaining<BR>about the same thing for 5 or 6 yrs. Well what the heck am I doing wrong??<BR>Why am I still not happy?<BR>Anyway, I start counseling tonight. Alone. Obviously I need help in finding<BR>a way to get through to him, or need to be told I'm nuts,that I want something unrealistic. Bless you Zip for at least trying to understand what<BR>your W is going through. It's heartbreaking and confusing and I feel for<BR>both of you.<BR>Now I am feeling detached and my husbands little efforts aren't having much<BR>of an effect, but I appreciate them anyway. He asked me to go for a walk<BR>last night. He made an effort to talk with the TV off. He cooked dinner<BR>without me asking.<BR>The other things I'm looking for are for him to show he wants to spend time<BR>with me, that he thinks of me. Recreational companionship is my biggest<BR>need, even if it's just walking, fishing, bowling, whatever. I see him take<BR>time off to spend with friends, already planning to golf on his days off<BR>when he starts teaching. But get him off his butt in front of the TV to go<BR>to dinner or something? That's a major accomplishment.<BR>Affection is a big need too. A card, an e-mail, something little to show<BR>that he thinks about me. We did the emotional needs questionnaire, that was<BR>a little helpful He read mine nodded but didn't get it. . He tends to keep<BR>saying that I'm the one with the problem, he's fine. His was brief, but at<BR>least he did it. We don't talk about EA, as I don't think the OM is the real issue. H would rather forgive, forget, move on. I don't have an<BR>on/off switch though. I am still hurting and confused about why my H seems<BR>not to care.<BR>I don't know what needs are most important to your W, do you? I believe that<BR>the way I'm feeling is a defense mechanism...I've suddenly got this wall up<BR>to protect me from being let down again. I'm just trying to spend as much<BR>time with H as possible, hoping that eventually things will start clearing<BR>up. Let me know if anything in particular you do for your W works, and I'll<BR>let you know if H has any good ideas too. I'll let you know if the counselor<BR>has any suggestions also. I don't always check on a daily basis (especially<BR>with the holidays and mother-in-law visit approaching) but feel free to<BR>e-mail me if you want. Mschif4444@aol.com<BR>Hang in there!<BR>

#41804 12/15/99 10:06 AM
M
mschif Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just bringing this back up for Zip to see....

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 275 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation