Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4539 08/25/99 09:07 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I'm afraid I'm driving him away. I've become so needy these past four weeks. H said he still hasn't really decided,but he took money out of our savings to put down on an apartment. Sounds like he's decided to me. We had a good day yesterday, but last night I pushed him for some answeres. We both got upset. The ow is perfect. He is filled with resentment toward me, my children, feels as if he hasn't been loved or appreciated in years. Yes, there have been problems, but they never were that bad till he got involved. He said that was when he stopped caring. He said there are walls up toward me. He can't trust me to not hurt him and there is no intimacy. He sees how nice its been these four weeks but can't trust that it will stay that way. What do I do now? How do you keep on loving and being pleasant without any response in return? I feel empty.

K
K Offline
K
Noel,<P>He realizes how nice the last 4 weeks have been, but he's worried about your staying power...<P>Keep establishing that consistant track record of new behavior. Don't lovebust. Meet the needs he's willing to let you meet. You are getting responses---there just not quite the one's you want. But your efforts are having an effect already; don't give up!!<P>And get on antidepressants, if you're not already. They'll help smooth this out for you.

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks K for your encouragement. I started on remeron when he came home. I wish it would work faster. I don't know how I will cope if he leaves. He left one week after the youngest came home from college for the summer. She goes back Saturday and if he leaves I'll be alone. I know that is a fear of mine. Normally, that isn't a problem but she has been such a support to me while my husband has been home again off again.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation