Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
For anyone who knew my sister Tanya....known here as "Tired Lady".<P>My loving sister passed away last month (June 13th)as a result of massive injuries sustained in a car accident. Tanya was only 41 years old. She leaves behind much more than her 2 children and her family. She apparently leaves behind many, many faceless friends here at this website. Tanya left behind for me an envelope containing approximately a year's worth of her writing here. She had printed out all her letters and the responses. She had scrawled out on a piece of paper her "name" and her password. Wouldn't you know it that she would chose her ex-h's name as her password?<P>She opened herself up to you all here, her vulnerable side, her downright nasty side (and lord knows as the "littlest" sibling, I got the brunt of that) and all her emotions in-between. Out of respect for a sister whom I miss very much and will continue to miss until my dying day, I want to express my thanks to any of you who may somehow have touched her life. She was a wonderful person and a wonderful mother. You would all have been proud to call her "friend".<P>Thanks to all of you for being supportive of Tanya.<P>Sincerely,<P>Pilar (Tanya's sis)

W
W
{{{{{{{{Pilar}}}}}}}}<BR>Those are CyberHugs....I am sorry about your sisters tragic passing. I did not 'know' her well, but I know of her pain, which has ended now.<P>It sounds like you have had to do this type of thing a lot in your life, I am sorry for that, too. God needs people like you in this world, and people make it hard to be the way you are. I am but 1 in 6 billion, but I appreciate the effort you have made.....<BR>Thank You!<p>[This message has been edited by waiting_for_her (edited July 06, 2001).]

W
W
Dear Pilar,<P>I'm so sorry. I had no idea and I am speechless, and trying to type thru tears. It's heartbreaking.<P>There will be a prayer for you, Tanya, her children, and the rest of your family from me today. Thank you for sharing your love for your sister with us. I'm so moved by this. I wish you all peace.<P>God bless,<P>------------------<BR>Kathy

K
K Offline
K
Pilar:<P>My condolences for your loss. I'll keep your family and the children in my prayers.

W
W
Sorry, me again. I remember her. I did a search and I am so sad to read how much pain she was in and the nightmare she was living just a month before. This just makes me realize how precious life is and how it could be cut abruptly short. How important it is to care about other people's pain because we don't know how long we have left.<P>God bless,<P>------------------<BR>Kathy

K
K
Pilar...<P>I am so very sorry for your loss.<P>Hugs and prayers--<P>Kathi

T
OP Offline
T
Sorry about using Tanya's access. I'm sure it's sorta eerie. I would like to know how you can "search" to just find only her letters. There may be more than what she had printed out in this envelope.<P>Also, is there a way you guys can put this in other areas on this forum where others who may have known her would see this?<P>I would like to eventually print out all these responses and give them to my parents so that they will have some comfort in knowing Tanya was cared about and loved by so many people, even the "faceless" ones.<P>God Bless you all for helping me,<BR>Pilar

M
M
Hi Pilar,<P>I am so sorry for your pain....I remember Tired Lady too. I hope you can all draw near to God for your comfort and peace. He's the only one who can really give it.<P>To search for all of her posts, you go to the SEARCH link, type in her USER NAME and ask it to SEARCH ALL OPEN FORUMS AND ARCHIVES....leave everything else the way it comes up.<P>Then once you get every thread she posted in, you'll have to search thru each one to find her specific post. Good luck.<P>My prayers are with you.<BR>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<BR>

S
S
Pilar, I am so sorry, I never knew your sister.<P>I did want to help out and say click on the sunglasses on her user name Tired Lady and then click on search for all..... it is in red on the left side of the screen. <P>Your family is in my prayers today. I am also going to link this on the EN board where I usually post.

T
T
I have posted a link to this thread over on the General Questions II forum.<P><P>------------------<BR><B>Tempest</B>, Moderator<BR>Marriage Builders Infidelity Forums:<BR><I>General Questions II, Just Found Out...,<BR>Plan A/Plan B, In Recovery</I> <BR><I>Pregnancy/Child</I> and <BR><I>Read-Only Posts</I>

R
R
I remember her and I am truly sorry to hear this. God be with you and your family.<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

A
A
I am so so sorry to hear this. I was thinking about her yesterday. I never expected this. <P>My sister died suddenly at age 39, we were very close. If there is any consolation I can give you, it's that I know my sister as well as Tanya will always be with us, in our hearts and memories. <P>May God be with you and your family. <BR>

B
B
Hi Pilar,<P>Ever so sorry to hear of your loss. Yes, Tired Lady did share quite a bit of herself in this forum, her presense will be missed.<P>"<B> When the one you love becomes a memory, let the memory become a treasure</B>"<P>Prayers and stuff,<P>Bumper

N
N
I knew her, and loved her. I was her friend, as she was mine. I am shocked, truly, and saddened. We had planned to meet several times, but it didn't work out.<P>I am so sorry for your loss... <P>I have no words, just... sympathy...<P>(((((Tanya's family)))))<P>Sheryl

G
G
My sincere condolences to you and the family. Knowing that she is in the hands of our maker, I pray that he looks kindly upon the lives of her children. Bless you all!!!<P>------------------<BR><B>Time heals all wounds as long as you DON'T pick at them!</B>

R
R
I joined about a year after Tanya, but I recognize her name Tired Lady, and am very sad to hear of this news. My condolences to you and your family.<P>This website has helped all of us that come here, more than words can say. We all help each other, and regardless of how often you interact with any member, we all share a special bond.<P>I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very thoughtful of you to come here and tell us of your sister's passing. Please take care.

N
N
I am so sorry. I was just thinking about Tanya the other day. I thought of her as a friend; I had followed her story pretty much from the beginning, and felt like I knew her well. <P>I don't know what to say.

M
M
((((((Tanya's Family))))))<P>I am so, so sorry.<P>Hugs and Prayers,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
I got this from a card when my Grandmother passed away. I thought it was beautiful! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>When somebody dies, a cloud turns into an angel and flies up to tell God to put another flower on a pillow. A bird gives the message back to the world and sings a silent prayer that makes the rain cry. People disappear but they never really go away. The spirits up there put the sun to bed, wake up grass and spin the earth in dizzy circles. Sometimes you can see them dancing in a cloud during the daytime when they're supposed to be sleeping. They paint the rainbows and also the sunsets and make waves splash and tug at the tide. They toss shooting stars and listen to wishes. And when they sing windsongs, they whisper to us...Don't miss me too much. The view is nice and I'm doing just fine.<P>Mitzi

M
M
Pilar,<P>Your sister had many friends here, as you will see if read through her several hundred posts over the past few years. She shared herself and also offered a lot of support and encouragement to others in the community going through similar struggles.<P>My best wishes and condolences to you and your family as you deal with this loss.<P>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 476 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation