Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
H
I grab a beer, sit outside on my deck steps at night and listen to the tree frogs. When it's clear the stars are nice too.

N
OP Offline
N
It's amazing how many of us like to look at the stars. I used to do it all the time in Australia. Don't do it much here....I got out of the habit in Mozambique, where there are 20 million malaria infested mosquitos waiting for some night fodder!!!

H
H
The stars are very humbling. The expanse of the universe puts our complicated lives in perspective.

T
T
Tonight the sky was wonderful. I just sat on my back porch and looked up at the Big Dipper (I hope I spelled it right [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]). It was just amazing. I could have spent my whole night just looking at the stars. I felt relaxed and at peace with myself. What an amazing experience!<BR>Well, I better go now. See you all tomorrow. Good night.<P>Tacsi<p>[This message has been edited by Tacsi (edited August 03, 2001).]

X
X
Hi all!<BR>Great thread, Nina!<BR> <BR>I go out in the garage, open the door, and play the 5-string banjo (3 finger bluegrass style). Before long, the neighborhood kids start streaming in and get to dancing around and cutting up. They LOVE my rendition of <BR>"Whoa, Mule" LOL.<P>Considering that I play professionally almost every night...it may seem strange that doing this is a <BR>pick-me-up....but it is! I guess making those kids laugh and smile is the difference. Instead of the drunks I usually play for in the clubs. Sometimes my daughter brings out her mandolin and the lady across the street brings her guitar and we have a regular "pickin' party" in that garage!<P>Who's next?! What picks YOU up????<P>Love to all,<BR>Xman<BR>

A
A
I like to think about how good I look and how much my wife is going to lose if we don't work this out. Sometimes vanity is good.

A
A
Thanks for bringing up this topic. I have been so full of extreme despair lately & tired of keeping up the battle to save this marriage. Tired of being hurt & treated cruelly. H not giving 1 ounce. I know "work on yourself". ANd Ive heard to ask myself every day "what am I going to do for myself today? but I have such a hard time coming up any answers! I go to the bookstore alot but think I better stay away from the self help/relationship section from now on!!<P>ANyway, I think working in the yard - some gardening stuff could be another idea. Its 100+ degrees lately, so I've just been looking in some landscaping books, but its an escape from the cruel mean workd for a while! Fantasize about what my yard could look like.

L
L
I spend time with someone else.<BR>I enjoy their views and if necessary even goto the point of spending time with a opposite sex friend. It's amazing the warm wishes and quick recharge you can get from that.<BR>I know it may not be right but after the time is spent i feel built up again. <BR>I have always felt judged and put down by him. He has never really apoligzed from his heart. Maybe because he truly believes that his way is the only way.<P>It's hard letting go.<BR>We spend time together occasionally but more and more i feel that we are incapitable. I feel almost depressed to be around him.<BR>I especially hate the way he aviods certain things i would like to talk about. Not at any one time ALL THE TIME!<P>So ya spending time with other people or working and getting praise really helps me.

D
D
I really like the idea about going to a museum! I'm a musician and I know that channeling the emotions into a work that fits can be a wonderful release and add something unique to the performance. Finding an artpiece that speaks to you the right way at the right moment can really lift you and remind you that just being able to FEEL anything is a gift.<BR> I plan on try the museum idea when I have a free day! I have not been to any of the museums since moving to my current city.<BR>DS

E
E
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nyneve:<BR>[B]There's a book I love, <I>The Artist's Way</I> by Julia Cameron. <P>It's an excellent book! In the midst of the crud I went through the whole book and learned sooooooooooo much about myself...the one that got *lost* along the way.

E
E
Gratitude Journal!! On my really bad days (ok..and on some not so bad days) I have a small blank notebook that I keep in the bathroom. (Yes...the bathroom, 'cause I want other people to read it and start thinking of the *little* things in life)<P>One thing that I noticed is that since I started being *grateful* and my children noticed my book in the bathroom...THEY are starting to be thankful for the little things in life.

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks everyone for answering so far....just bumping!

H
H
I clean out a cabinet or closet. If I find anything that belongs to H I box it up and send it to him. I also rearranged every room in the house to make it mine.<P>These are my ways of making my life mine. It feels good to know that I am in control. (at least sometimes)\<P>Martha

N
OP Offline
N
Hi Michelle,<p>You mentioned this post today in your email, so i found it for you...<p>Hopefully it will help others out there, too.<p>Love and light,<p>Jacky

G
G
play with my n scale trains
talk with my IM buddies
walk
try to pray, but that makes me feel foolish sometimes
work in my woodshop
program
talk to friends

G
G
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by vb_guy:
<strong>play with my n scale trains
talk with my IM buddies
walk
try to pray, but that makes me feel foolish sometimes
work in my woodshop
program
talk to friends
dream of getting back in the cockpit and flying again
</strong><hr></blockquote>

P
P
Oh, I like to write poetry, too! I also remember all the wonderful friends who are supporting me, get out my pictures from Scotland and remember all the wonderful times I had, write in my journal, punch my punching bag, work out on the weight machine, talk to my mom and my brother, read a good murder mystery, work on my websites, take a nice hot shower.....think about my dreamhouse - that nice cozy little dreamhouse with flowers and a garden. I want to take some photography classes, too. I love taking landscapes.

J
J
I go to my emergency vicodin stash - no wait - that's Brett Farve.<p>I read. Anything, everything, just to get wooshed away into another time or place. <p>Elizabeth

F
F
Color in coloring books with my 5 yr. old D. She enjoys the time spwnt with her, and coloring is very calming and fun!!! Why do we quit when we grow up???? Is it a rule. Well, I like breakin' it.

711 Offline
I like to put everything aside and get down on the floor with my little girl and play barbies. Just watching her play and get excited about the little things in life is always uplifting for me.<p>I also like to sneak in my children's room while they are sleeping. Just watching them sleep, brings great peace to me. <p>When the children are not here, I like to take long walks. <p>As to sunsets, I used to live in Florida and there were some amazing sunsets over the river at night. I only see beatuful sunsets every now and again in Atlanta, and I always stop and show the children how pretty the sky looks.<p>And, like most of the others here, I exercise and run really hard when I'm stressed out. <p>Thanks for mentioning puzzles. Those do get me hooked. I think I will start one when my sister moves next week to keep my mind occupied.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 603 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation