Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#701864 08/30/01 03:14 PM
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I got this idea after reading a post that had a songs lyrics in it..<BR>But post the lyrics(or just the song) to a song that means something to you, or is how you feel.<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

#701865 08/30/01 03:20 PM
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Outside..by Staind<P>and you bring me to my knees<BR>all the times that i felt insecure<BR>and i leave my burdens at the door<P>i'm on the outside<BR>i'm looking in<BR>i can see through you<BR>see your true colors<BR>inside you're ugly<BR>ugly like me<BR>i can see through you <BR>see to the real you<P>all this time that i felt like this won't end<BR>was for you<BR>and i taste what i could never have<BR>it's from you<BR>all those times that i tried <BR>my intentions<BR>full of pride<BR>and i waste more time than anyone<P>i'm on the outside <BR>i'm looking in<BR>i can see through you<BR>see your true colors<BR>cause inside you're ugly<BR>ugly like me<BR>i can see through you<BR>see to the real you<P>all the times that i cried<BR>all this wasting<BR>it's all inside<BR>and i feel all this pain<BR>stuffed it down<BR>it's back again<BR>and i lie here in bed<BR>all alone<BR>i can't help what i feel<BR>tomorrow will be okay<P>i'm on the outside <BR>i'm looking in<BR>i can see through you<BR>see your true colors<BR>inside you're ugly<BR>ugly like me<BR>i can see through you<BR>see to the real you<BR>

#701866 08/30/01 03:35 PM
P
P
This was 'our' song, it brings tears to ours eyes every time it plays.<P><B>Forever Love</B><P>Now here we are, The two of us,<BR>And nothing's gonna come between us again.<BR>Forever love, I feel you're with me,<BR>You’re the sun that chases away the rain. Oh....<BR>I cherish all the love you bring,<BR>It's here forever and a day,<BR>I love you more than anything,<BR>I can't throw that away. My Love.....<P>There's nowhere, Baby unless you're there,<BR>I could never let you down.<BR>By the way, I have wanted to say,<BR>I will always be around, Forever love.. Oh.. Forever Love, baby oh...<BR><B>Inside my heart, You'll never die,<BR>You understand the man that hides deep inside.</B><BR>So come to me, (So come to me)<BR>I need you dearly, ( I need you dearly)<BR>I'll never give you reason to say good-bye... (never say good-bye)<P><B>There were times I made you cry,<BR>And times I wasn't there for you,</B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <-- here come the tears<BR>But for our love I'd even die, (for our Love)<BR>For you I'm gonna stay.<P>There's nowhere baby unless you're there, <BR>I could never let you down..<BR>By the way, ( By the way...)<BR>I have wanted to say, (ya-ha...)<BR>I will always be around, ya...Forever love.. ( I need you baby)<P>You know, girl being with you is like the meaning of my life,<BR>You give me so much happiness,<BR>Just to see you smile gives me the strength to go on.<BR>I cherish all the moments we spend together,<BR>The laughter, The tears, there all so special to me<BR>I guess what I'm really trying to say is, That I love you..<BR>I cherish all the love and rain you bring,<BR>I know it’s falling...<BR>I love you more than anything,<BR>I can’t throw that away... that away....Ohh...<BR>There's nowhere, Baby unless you’re there,<BR>I could never let you down.. ( I’ll never let you down)<BR>By the way, I have wanted to say, ( all I wanna do is...)<BR>I will always be around..<BR>there's nowhere, Baby unless you're there, (oh no, no, no,)<BR>I could never let you down..<BR>You know if you want me you got me..<BR>If you need me I'll be there..<BR>I will always be around..<BR>I'll always be around girl, ( be around)<BR>I'll never let you down, ( be around)<BR>You know I will..<BR>For the memory of you,<BR>For all the times we shared together,<BR>For all we've been through,<BR>Forever Love..<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.<p>[This message has been edited by Paul Moyers (edited August 30, 2001).]

#701867 08/30/01 03:55 PM
S
S
Every Light In The House<P>I told you I'd leave a light on<BR>In case you ever wanted to come back home<BR>You smiled and said you appreciate the gesture<BR>I took your every word to heart<BR>'Cause I can't stand us being apart<BR>And just to show how much I really miss ya<P>Every light in the house is on<BR>The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn<BR>The front walk looks like runway lights<BR>It's kinda like noon in the dead of night<BR>Every light in the house is on<BR>Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone<BR>Every light in the house is on<P>If I should ever start forgetting<BR>I'll turn the lights off one by one<BR>So you can see that I agree it's over<BR>But until then I want you to know<BR>If you look south, you'll see a glow<BR>That's me waiting at home each night to hold ya<P>Every light in the house is on<BR>The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn<BR>The front walk looks like runway lights<BR>It's kinda like noon in the dead of night<BR>Every light in the house is on<BR>Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone<BR>Oh every light in the house is on<BR>The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn<BR>The front walk looks like runway lights<BR>It's kinda like noon in the dead of night<BR>Every light in the house is on<BR>Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone<BR>Every light in the house is on<P><BR>

#701868 08/30/01 07:20 PM
N
N
<BR>I Love The Way You Love Me<P>John Michael Montgomery<P><BR>I like the feel of your name on my lips<BR>And I like the sound of your sweet gentle kiss<BR>The way that your fingers run through my hair<BR>And how your scent lingers even when your not there<P>And I like the way your eyes dance when you laugh<BR>And how you enjoy your two hour bath<BR>And how you convinced me to dance in the rain<BR>With everyone watching like we were insane<P>But I love the way you love me<BR>Strong and wild<BR>Slow and easy<BR>Heart and soul<BR>So completely<BR>I love the way you love me<P>I like to imitate old Jerry Lee<BR>And watch you roll your eyes when I'm slightly off key<BR>And I like the innocent way that you cry<BR>At sappy old movies you've seen hundreds of times<P>But I love the way you love me<BR>Strong and wild<BR>Slow and easy<BR>Heart and soul<BR>So completely<BR>I love the way you love me<P>And I could list a million things<BR>I love to like about you<BR>But they all come down to one reason<BR>I could never live without you<P>I love the way you love me<BR>Strong and wild<BR>Slow and easy<BR>Heart and soul<BR>So completely<BR>I love the way you love me<BR>Oh baby I love the way you love me<BR>

#701869 08/30/01 08:46 PM
C
C
The Rolling Stones, "You Can't Always Get What You Want"<P>"she was practiced at the art of deception.........I could tell by her blood stained hands"

#701870 08/30/01 09:35 PM
L
L
THE DANCE <BR>Looking back on the memory of <BR>The dance we shared beneath the stars above <BR>For a moment all the world was right <BR>How could I have known that you’d ever say goodbye <P>And now I’m glad I didn’t know <BR>The way it all would end the way it all would go <BR>Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain <BR>But I’d of had to miss the dance <P>Holding you I held everything <BR>For a moment wasn’t I a king <BR>But if I’d only known how the king would fall <BR>Hey who’s to say you know I might have changed it all <BR>

#701871 08/30/01 10:31 PM
S
S
<BR>Walk On<BR>U2<P>And love is not the easy thing<BR>The only baggage you can bring...<BR>And love is not the easy thing.... <BR>The only baggage you can bring <BR>Is all that you can't leave behind<P>And if the darkness is to keep us apart<BR>And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off<BR>And if your glass heart should crack<BR>And for a second you turn back<BR>Oh no, be strong<P>Walk on, walk on<BR>What you got they can’t steal it<BR>No they can’t even feel it<BR>Walk on, walk on...<BR>Stay safe tonight<P>You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been<BR>A place that has to be believed to be seen<BR>You could have flown away<BR>A singing bird in an open cage<BR>Who will only fly, only fly for freedom<P>Walk on, walk on<BR>What you've got they can't deny it<BR>Can’t sell it, can’t buy it<BR>Walk on, walk on<BR>Stay safe tonight<P>And I know it aches<BR>And your heart it breaks<BR>And you can only take so much<BR>Walk on, walk on<P>Home… hard to know what it is if you’ve never had one<BR>Home… I can’t say where it is but I know I'm going home<BR>That's where the hurt is<P>I know it aches<BR>How your heart it breaks<BR>And you can only take so much<BR>Walk on, walk on<P>Leave it behind<BR>You've got to leave it behind<BR>All that you fashion<BR>All that you make<BR>All that you build<BR>All that you break<BR>All that you measure<BR>All that you steal<BR>All this you can leave behind<BR>All that you reason<BR>All that you sense<BR>All that you speak<BR>All you dress up <BR>All that you scheme…<P>Leave behind<P>

#701872 08/31/01 08:43 AM
S
SEF Offline
S
I received these words from my WH and he asked if I wrote this song!<BR>Blue Cantrell<BR>Hit'em Up Style (Oops!)<P>While he was scheming, <BR>I was beamin in the Beamer<BR>Just Beamin<BR>Can't believe that I caught my man cheatin<BR>So I found another way to make him pay for it all<BR>So I went to Neiman Marcus on a shopping spree<BR>and on the way I grabbed Soley and Mia and as the cash box rang, I thought everything away<P>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the dreams, We used to say<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the love I had, but you cheated on me, and that's worth that now<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the house, we made a home<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes you'll never leave me alone, for all the lies you told, This is what you owe<P>Hey Ladies, when your man wanna get buckwild, just go back and hit'em up in style, put your hands on his cash and spend it to the last dime, for all the hard times<BR>Oh<BR>When you go then, everything goes from the crib to the ride and the clothes, so you better let im know that if he messed up you gotta hit'em up.<P>While he was braggin'<BR>I was coming down the hill<BR>And just draggin'<BR>All his pictures and his clothes in the bag and<BR>sold everything else till there was just nothin' left.<P>And I paid all the bills about a month too late,<BR>It's a shame we have to play these games. The love we had just fades away, away.<P>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the dreams, We used to say<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the love I had, but you cheated on me, and that's worth that now<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the house, we made a home<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes you'll never leave me alone, for all the lies you told, This is what you owe.<P>

#701873 08/31/01 08:56 AM
N
N
This is bringing back some memories of the past few months. When I was Plan A'ng, and I was still "allowed" to send emails, I sent him love song lyrics about once a week. This is the last one I was able to send. Ironic, huh?<P>NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE MY LOVE FOR YOU<BR>by Glenn Medeiros<P>If I had to live my life without you near me<BR>The days would all be empty<BR>The nights would seem so long<BR>With you I see forever<BR>Oh, so clearly I might have been in love before<BR>But it never felt this strong<BR>Our dreams are young and we both know<BR>They'll take us where we want to go<BR>Hold me now<BR>Touch me now<BR>I don't want to live without you<P>( Chorus )<BR>Nothing's gonna change my love for you<BR>You ought to know by now how much I love you<BR>One thing you can be sure of<BR>I'll never ask for more than your love<BR>Nothing's gonna change my love for you<BR>You ought to know by now how much I love you<P>If the road ahead is not so easy<BR>Our love will lead the way for us<BR>Like a guiding star <BR>I'll be there for you if you should need me<BR>You don't have to change a thing<BR>I love you just the way you are<BR>So come with me and share the view<BR>I'll help you see forever too<BR>Hold me now<BR>Touch me now<BR>I don't want to live without you<P>( back to Chorus )<P>

#701874 08/31/01 09:24 AM
L
L
""I would've loved you anyway""<P>If I'd've known the way that this would end<BR>If I'd've read the last page first<BR>If I'd've had the strength to walk away<BR>If I'd've known how this would hurt<P>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I'd do it all the same<BR>Not a second I would change<BR>Not a touch that I would trade<BR>Had I known my heart would break<BR>I'd've loved you anyway<P>It's bittersweet to look back now<BR>At memories withered on a vine<BR>Just to hold you close to me<BR>For a moment in time<P>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I'd do it all the same<BR>Not a second I would change<BR>Not a touch that I would trade<BR>Had I known my heart would break<BR>I'd've loved you anyway<P>Even if I'd seen it comin'<BR>You'd still have seen me runnin'<BR>Straight into your arms<BR>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I'd do it all the same<BR>Not a second I would change<BR>Not a touch that I would trade<BR>Had I known my heart would break<BR>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I would've loved you anyway

#701875 08/31/01 09:37 AM
S
S
What I Really Meant To Say<P>It took me by surprise<BR>When I saw you standing there<BR>Close enough to touch<BR>Breathing the same air<BR>You asked me how I'd been<BR>I guess that's when<BR>I smiled and said just fine<BR>Oh but baby I was lying<P>What I really meant to say<BR>Is I'm dying here inside<BR>I miss you more each day<BR>There's not a night<BR>I haven't cried<BR>And baby here's the truth<BR>I'm still in love with you<BR>That's what I really meant to say<P>And as you walked away<BR>The echo of my words<BR>Cut just like a knife<BR>Cut so deep it hurt<BR>I held back the tears<BR>Held on to my pride<BR>And watched you go<BR>I wonder if you'll ever know<P>What I really meant to say<BR>Is I'm dying here inside<BR>I miss you more each day<BR>There's not a night<BR>I haven't cried<BR>And baby here's the truth<BR>I'm still in love with you<BR>That's what I really meant to say<P>What I really meant to say<BR>Is I'm really not that strong<BR>No matter how I try<BR>I'm still holding on<BR>And here's the honest truth<BR>I'm still in love with you<BR>That's what I really meant to say<BR>

#701876 08/31/01 09:46 AM
S
S
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought my husband wrote this Tim McGraw song.<P>Angry All the Time <P>Here we are<BR>What is left of a husband and a wife<BR>With four good kids<BR>Who have a way of getting on with their lives<P>And I'm not old<BR>But I'm gettin' a whole lot older everyday<BR>It's too late to keep<BR>From goin' crazy<BR>I've got to get away<P>The reasons that I can't stay<BR>Don't have a thing to do with being in love<BR>And I understand that lovin' a man<BR>Shouldn't have to be this rough<BR>And you ain' the only one<BR>Who feels like this world's left you far behind<BR>I don' t know why you gotta be<BR>Angry all the time<P>Our boys are strong now<BR>The spittin' image of you when you were young<BR>I hope someday<BR>They can see past what you have become<BR>And I remember<BR>Everytime I said I'd never leave<BR>But what I can't live with<BR>In memories of the way you used to be<P>The reasons that I can't stay<BR>Don't have a thing to do with being in love<BR>And I understand that lovin' a man<BR>Shouldn't have to be this rough<BR>And you ain' the only one<BR>Who feels like this world's left you far behind<BR>I don' t know why you gotta be<BR>Angry all the time<P>Twenty years<BR>Have came and went since I walked out of your door<BR>I never quite made it back to the one I was before<BR>And, God, it hurts me<BR>To think of you for the light in your eyes was gone<BR>And sometimes I don't know why<BR>This old world can't leave well enough alone<P>The reasons that I can't stay<BR>Don't have a thing to do with being in love<BR>And I understand that lovin' a man<BR>Shouldn't have to be this rough<BR>And you ain' the only one<BR>Who feels like this world's left you far behind<BR>I don' t know why you gotta be<BR>Angry all the time<P>I don't know why you gotta be angry all the time<P><BR> <BR>

#701877 08/31/01 09:49 AM
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am not really much of a country music fan..<BR>But does anyone know the lyrics to the Travis Tritt song<BR>Foolish Pride?<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

#701878 08/31/01 09:54 AM
S
S
Here you go BioMan<P>Foolish Pride<BR>Written by - Travis Tritt<P>She stayed up all night and cried into her pillow<BR>And fought off the urge to just break down and call<BR>Last night to find the fault seemed so darn easy<BR>But now whose to blame don't matter much at all<BR>She thinks if she calls him it just shows weakness<BR>So the hurt goes on with every tear she's cried<BR>Ain't it sad to see a good love fall to pieces<BR>Chalk another heartbreak up to foolish pride<P>Chorus:<BR>Turn out the lights the competition's over<BR>The stubborn souls are the losers here tonight<BR>And while the bridges burn, another hard-hard lesson's learned<BR>As through the ashes passion slowly dies<BR>And this romance goes down to foolish pride<P>He relives every word they spoke in anger<BR>He walks the floor and punches out the wall<BR>To apologize to her would be so simple<BR>But instead he cries I'll be damned if I'll crawl<BR>If he loses her he's lost his best friend<BR>And that's more then just a lover can provide<BR>So he wrestles with emotions that defeat him<BR>Chalk another love lost up to foolish pride<P>Chorus<P>Chalk another heartbreak up to foolish pride<BR>

#701879 08/31/01 09:59 AM
B
BioMan Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Sballyplyr.....Thank you a million.<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

#701880 08/31/01 10:14 AM
A
A
How about Don Henley "The End Of Innocense" and "The Heart Of The Matter". Intense lyrics. I listened to these over and over once I discovered my wifes affair. Also, Jackson Brown "Here Come thoses Tears Again".

#701881 08/31/01 10:21 AM
S
S
The End of the Innocence<BR> <BR>Remember when the days were long<BR>And rolled beneath a deep blue sky<BR>Didn't have a care in the world<BR>With mommy and daddy standin' by<BR>But "happily ever after" fails<BR>And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales<BR>The lawyers dwell on small details<BR>Since daddy had to fly<P>But I know a place where we can go<BR>That's still untouched by men<BR>We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by<BR>And the tall grass wave in the wind<BR>You can lay your head back on the ground<BR>And let your hair fall all around me<BR>Offer up your best defense<BR>But this is the end<BR>This is the end of the innocence<P>O' beautiful, for spacious skies<BR>But now those skies are threatening<BR>They're beating plowshares into swords<BR>For this tired old man that we elected king<BR>Armchair warriors often fail<BR>And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales<BR>The lawyers clean up all details<BR>Since daddy had to lie<P>But I know a place where we can go<BR>And wash away this sin<BR>We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by<BR>And the tall grass wave in the wind<BR>Just lay your head back on the ground<BR>And let your hair spill all around me<BR>Offer up your best defense<BR>But this is the end<BR>This is the end of the innocence<P>Who knows how long this will last<BR>Now we've come so far, so fast<BR>But, somewhere back there in the dust<BR>That same small town in each of us<BR>I need to remember this<BR>So baby give me just one kiss<BR>And let me take a long last look<BR>Before we say goodbye<P>Just lay your head back on the ground<BR>And let your hair fall all around me<BR>Offer up your best defense<BR>But this is the end<BR>This is the end of the innocence<P><BR> <BR>

#701882 08/31/01 10:25 AM
S
S
The Heart Of The Matter<P>I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear<BR>But I knew that it would come<BR>An old, true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone<BR>She said you'd found someone<BR>And I thought of all the bad luck<BR>And the struggles we went through<BR>And how I lost me and you lost you<BR>What are these voices outside love's open door<BR>Make us throw off our contentment<BR>And beg for something more?<P>I'm learning to live without you now<BR>But I miss you sometimes<BR>And the more I know, the less I understand<BR>All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again<BR>I've been tryin' to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>But my will gets weak<BR>And my thoughts seem to scatter<BR>But I think it's about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me anymore<P>These times are so uncertain<BR>There's a yearning undefined<BR>And people filled with rage<BR>We all need a little tenderness<BR>How can love survive in such a graceless age?<BR>The trust and self-assurance that lead to happiness<BR>They're the very things we kill, I guess<BR>Pride and competition<BR>Cannot fill these empty arms<BR>And the work I put between us<BR>You know, it doesn't keep me warm<P>I'm learning to live without you now<BR>But I miss you, baby<BR>And the more I know, the less I understand<BR>All the things I thought I'd figured out<BR>I have to learn again<BR>I've been trying to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>But everything changes<BR>And my friends seem to scatter<BR>But I think it's about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me anymore<P>There are people in your life who've come and gone<BR>They let you down, you know they hurt your pride<BR>You better put it all behind you, baby. 'cos life goes on<BR>You keep carryin' that anger, it'll eat you up inside, baby<P>I've been trying to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>But my will gets weak<BR>And my thoughts seem to scatter<BR>But I think it's about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me<P>I've been tryin' to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>Because the flesh will get weak<BR>And the ashes will scatter<BR>So I'm thinkin' about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me<P>Even if, even if you don't love me anymore<P><BR>

#701883 08/31/01 10:27 AM
S
S
HERE COME THOSE TEARS AGAIN<P>Here come those tears again<BR>Just when I was getting over you<BR>Just when I was going to make it through<BR>Another night without missing you<BR>Thinking I might just be strong enough after all<BR>When I hear your footsteps echoing in the hall<P>Baby here we stand again<BR>Like we've been so many times before<BR>Even though you looked so sure<BR>As I was watching you walking out my door<BR>But you always walk back in like you did today<BR>Acting like you never even went away<P>Well I don't know if I can<BR>Open up and let you in baby<BR>Here come those tears<BR>Here come those tears again<P>I can hear you telling me<BR>How you needed to be free<BR>And you had some things to work out alone<BR>Now you're standing here telling me<BR>How you have grown<P>Here come those tears again<BR>Now you'll tell me how to hold them in<BR>Here come those tears<BR>Here come those tears again<P>Some other time baby<BR>When I'm strong and feeling fine maybe<BR>When I can look at you without crying<BR>You might look like a friend of mine<BR>But I don't know if I can<BR>Open up enough to let you in<BR>Here come those tears<BR>Here come those tears again<BR>Just walk away<BR>I'm going back inside and turning out those light<BR>And I'll be in the dark but you'll be out of sight<BR>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 676 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation