Marriage Builders
Posted By: BioMan Song lyrics - 08/30/01 08:14 PM
I got this idea after reading a post that had a songs lyrics in it..<BR>But post the lyrics(or just the song) to a song that means something to you, or is how you feel.<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Posted By: BioMan Re: Song lyrics - 08/30/01 08:20 PM
Outside..by Staind<P>and you bring me to my knees<BR>all the times that i felt insecure<BR>and i leave my burdens at the door<P>i'm on the outside<BR>i'm looking in<BR>i can see through you<BR>see your true colors<BR>inside you're ugly<BR>ugly like me<BR>i can see through you <BR>see to the real you<P>all this time that i felt like this won't end<BR>was for you<BR>and i taste what i could never have<BR>it's from you<BR>all those times that i tried <BR>my intentions<BR>full of pride<BR>and i waste more time than anyone<P>i'm on the outside <BR>i'm looking in<BR>i can see through you<BR>see your true colors<BR>cause inside you're ugly<BR>ugly like me<BR>i can see through you<BR>see to the real you<P>all the times that i cried<BR>all this wasting<BR>it's all inside<BR>and i feel all this pain<BR>stuffed it down<BR>it's back again<BR>and i lie here in bed<BR>all alone<BR>i can't help what i feel<BR>tomorrow will be okay<P>i'm on the outside <BR>i'm looking in<BR>i can see through you<BR>see your true colors<BR>inside you're ugly<BR>ugly like me<BR>i can see through you<BR>see to the real you<BR>
Posted By: Paul Moyers Re: Song lyrics - 08/30/01 08:35 PM
This was 'our' song, it brings tears to ours eyes every time it plays.<P><B>Forever Love</B><P>Now here we are, The two of us,<BR>And nothing's gonna come between us again.<BR>Forever love, I feel you're with me,<BR>You’re the sun that chases away the rain. Oh....<BR>I cherish all the love you bring,<BR>It's here forever and a day,<BR>I love you more than anything,<BR>I can't throw that away. My Love.....<P>There's nowhere, Baby unless you're there,<BR>I could never let you down.<BR>By the way, I have wanted to say,<BR>I will always be around, Forever love.. Oh.. Forever Love, baby oh...<BR><B>Inside my heart, You'll never die,<BR>You understand the man that hides deep inside.</B><BR>So come to me, (So come to me)<BR>I need you dearly, ( I need you dearly)<BR>I'll never give you reason to say good-bye... (never say good-bye)<P><B>There were times I made you cry,<BR>And times I wasn't there for you,</B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <-- here come the tears<BR>But for our love I'd even die, (for our Love)<BR>For you I'm gonna stay.<P>There's nowhere baby unless you're there, <BR>I could never let you down..<BR>By the way, ( By the way...)<BR>I have wanted to say, (ya-ha...)<BR>I will always be around, ya...Forever love.. ( I need you baby)<P>You know, girl being with you is like the meaning of my life,<BR>You give me so much happiness,<BR>Just to see you smile gives me the strength to go on.<BR>I cherish all the moments we spend together,<BR>The laughter, The tears, there all so special to me<BR>I guess what I'm really trying to say is, That I love you..<BR>I cherish all the love and rain you bring,<BR>I know it’s falling...<BR>I love you more than anything,<BR>I can’t throw that away... that away....Ohh...<BR>There's nowhere, Baby unless you’re there,<BR>I could never let you down.. ( I’ll never let you down)<BR>By the way, I have wanted to say, ( all I wanna do is...)<BR>I will always be around..<BR>there's nowhere, Baby unless you're there, (oh no, no, no,)<BR>I could never let you down..<BR>You know if you want me you got me..<BR>If you need me I'll be there..<BR>I will always be around..<BR>I'll always be around girl, ( be around)<BR>I'll never let you down, ( be around)<BR>You know I will..<BR>For the memory of you,<BR>For all the times we shared together,<BR>For all we've been through,<BR>Forever Love..<P>------------------<BR>1Co:2:4: And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:<BR>1Co:2:5: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.<p>[This message has been edited by Paul Moyers (edited August 30, 2001).]
Posted By: sballplyr Re: Song lyrics - 08/30/01 08:55 PM
Every Light In The House<P>I told you I'd leave a light on<BR>In case you ever wanted to come back home<BR>You smiled and said you appreciate the gesture<BR>I took your every word to heart<BR>'Cause I can't stand us being apart<BR>And just to show how much I really miss ya<P>Every light in the house is on<BR>The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn<BR>The front walk looks like runway lights<BR>It's kinda like noon in the dead of night<BR>Every light in the house is on<BR>Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone<BR>Every light in the house is on<P>If I should ever start forgetting<BR>I'll turn the lights off one by one<BR>So you can see that I agree it's over<BR>But until then I want you to know<BR>If you look south, you'll see a glow<BR>That's me waiting at home each night to hold ya<P>Every light in the house is on<BR>The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn<BR>The front walk looks like runway lights<BR>It's kinda like noon in the dead of night<BR>Every light in the house is on<BR>Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone<BR>Oh every light in the house is on<BR>The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn<BR>The front walk looks like runway lights<BR>It's kinda like noon in the dead of night<BR>Every light in the house is on<BR>Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone<BR>Every light in the house is on<P><BR>
Posted By: NOT incapable of love Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 12:20 AM
<BR>I Love The Way You Love Me<P>John Michael Montgomery<P><BR>I like the feel of your name on my lips<BR>And I like the sound of your sweet gentle kiss<BR>The way that your fingers run through my hair<BR>And how your scent lingers even when your not there<P>And I like the way your eyes dance when you laugh<BR>And how you enjoy your two hour bath<BR>And how you convinced me to dance in the rain<BR>With everyone watching like we were insane<P>But I love the way you love me<BR>Strong and wild<BR>Slow and easy<BR>Heart and soul<BR>So completely<BR>I love the way you love me<P>I like to imitate old Jerry Lee<BR>And watch you roll your eyes when I'm slightly off key<BR>And I like the innocent way that you cry<BR>At sappy old movies you've seen hundreds of times<P>But I love the way you love me<BR>Strong and wild<BR>Slow and easy<BR>Heart and soul<BR>So completely<BR>I love the way you love me<P>And I could list a million things<BR>I love to like about you<BR>But they all come down to one reason<BR>I could never live without you<P>I love the way you love me<BR>Strong and wild<BR>Slow and easy<BR>Heart and soul<BR>So completely<BR>I love the way you love me<BR>Oh baby I love the way you love me<BR>
Posted By: catamount82 Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 01:46 AM
The Rolling Stones, "You Can't Always Get What You Want"<P>"she was practiced at the art of deception.........I could tell by her blood stained hands"
Posted By: LostHusband Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 02:35 AM
THE DANCE <BR>Looking back on the memory of <BR>The dance we shared beneath the stars above <BR>For a moment all the world was right <BR>How could I have known that you’d ever say goodbye <P>And now I’m glad I didn’t know <BR>The way it all would end the way it all would go <BR>Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain <BR>But I’d of had to miss the dance <P>Holding you I held everything <BR>For a moment wasn’t I a king <BR>But if I’d only known how the king would fall <BR>Hey who’s to say you know I might have changed it all <BR>
Posted By: Starpony Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 03:31 AM
<BR>Walk On<BR>U2<P>And love is not the easy thing<BR>The only baggage you can bring...<BR>And love is not the easy thing.... <BR>The only baggage you can bring <BR>Is all that you can't leave behind<P>And if the darkness is to keep us apart<BR>And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off<BR>And if your glass heart should crack<BR>And for a second you turn back<BR>Oh no, be strong<P>Walk on, walk on<BR>What you got they can’t steal it<BR>No they can’t even feel it<BR>Walk on, walk on...<BR>Stay safe tonight<P>You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been<BR>A place that has to be believed to be seen<BR>You could have flown away<BR>A singing bird in an open cage<BR>Who will only fly, only fly for freedom<P>Walk on, walk on<BR>What you've got they can't deny it<BR>Can’t sell it, can’t buy it<BR>Walk on, walk on<BR>Stay safe tonight<P>And I know it aches<BR>And your heart it breaks<BR>And you can only take so much<BR>Walk on, walk on<P>Home… hard to know what it is if you’ve never had one<BR>Home… I can’t say where it is but I know I'm going home<BR>That's where the hurt is<P>I know it aches<BR>How your heart it breaks<BR>And you can only take so much<BR>Walk on, walk on<P>Leave it behind<BR>You've got to leave it behind<BR>All that you fashion<BR>All that you make<BR>All that you build<BR>All that you break<BR>All that you measure<BR>All that you steal<BR>All this you can leave behind<BR>All that you reason<BR>All that you sense<BR>All that you speak<BR>All you dress up <BR>All that you scheme…<P>Leave behind<P>
Posted By: SEF Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 01:43 PM
I received these words from my WH and he asked if I wrote this song!<BR>Blue Cantrell<BR>Hit'em Up Style (Oops!)<P>While he was scheming, <BR>I was beamin in the Beamer<BR>Just Beamin<BR>Can't believe that I caught my man cheatin<BR>So I found another way to make him pay for it all<BR>So I went to Neiman Marcus on a shopping spree<BR>and on the way I grabbed Soley and Mia and as the cash box rang, I thought everything away<P>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the dreams, We used to say<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the love I had, but you cheated on me, and that's worth that now<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the house, we made a home<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes you'll never leave me alone, for all the lies you told, This is what you owe<P>Hey Ladies, when your man wanna get buckwild, just go back and hit'em up in style, put your hands on his cash and spend it to the last dime, for all the hard times<BR>Oh<BR>When you go then, everything goes from the crib to the ride and the clothes, so you better let im know that if he messed up you gotta hit'em up.<P>While he was braggin'<BR>I was coming down the hill<BR>And just draggin'<BR>All his pictures and his clothes in the bag and<BR>sold everything else till there was just nothin' left.<P>And I paid all the bills about a month too late,<BR>It's a shame we have to play these games. The love we had just fades away, away.<P>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the dreams, We used to say<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the love I had, but you cheated on me, and that's worth that now<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes the house, we made a home<BR>(Ooops)<BR>There goes you'll never leave me alone, for all the lies you told, This is what you owe.<P>
Posted By: Nina too Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 01:56 PM
This is bringing back some memories of the past few months. When I was Plan A'ng, and I was still "allowed" to send emails, I sent him love song lyrics about once a week. This is the last one I was able to send. Ironic, huh?<P>NOTHING'S GONNA CHANGE MY LOVE FOR YOU<BR>by Glenn Medeiros<P>If I had to live my life without you near me<BR>The days would all be empty<BR>The nights would seem so long<BR>With you I see forever<BR>Oh, so clearly I might have been in love before<BR>But it never felt this strong<BR>Our dreams are young and we both know<BR>They'll take us where we want to go<BR>Hold me now<BR>Touch me now<BR>I don't want to live without you<P>( Chorus )<BR>Nothing's gonna change my love for you<BR>You ought to know by now how much I love you<BR>One thing you can be sure of<BR>I'll never ask for more than your love<BR>Nothing's gonna change my love for you<BR>You ought to know by now how much I love you<P>If the road ahead is not so easy<BR>Our love will lead the way for us<BR>Like a guiding star <BR>I'll be there for you if you should need me<BR>You don't have to change a thing<BR>I love you just the way you are<BR>So come with me and share the view<BR>I'll help you see forever too<BR>Hold me now<BR>Touch me now<BR>I don't want to live without you<P>( back to Chorus )<P>
Posted By: LostHusband Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 02:24 PM
""I would've loved you anyway""<P>If I'd've known the way that this would end<BR>If I'd've read the last page first<BR>If I'd've had the strength to walk away<BR>If I'd've known how this would hurt<P>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I'd do it all the same<BR>Not a second I would change<BR>Not a touch that I would trade<BR>Had I known my heart would break<BR>I'd've loved you anyway<P>It's bittersweet to look back now<BR>At memories withered on a vine<BR>Just to hold you close to me<BR>For a moment in time<P>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I'd do it all the same<BR>Not a second I would change<BR>Not a touch that I would trade<BR>Had I known my heart would break<BR>I'd've loved you anyway<P>Even if I'd seen it comin'<BR>You'd still have seen me runnin'<BR>Straight into your arms<BR>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I'd do it all the same<BR>Not a second I would change<BR>Not a touch that I would trade<BR>Had I known my heart would break<BR>I would've loved you anyway<BR>I would've loved you anyway
Posted By: sballplyr Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 02:37 PM
What I Really Meant To Say<P>It took me by surprise<BR>When I saw you standing there<BR>Close enough to touch<BR>Breathing the same air<BR>You asked me how I'd been<BR>I guess that's when<BR>I smiled and said just fine<BR>Oh but baby I was lying<P>What I really meant to say<BR>Is I'm dying here inside<BR>I miss you more each day<BR>There's not a night<BR>I haven't cried<BR>And baby here's the truth<BR>I'm still in love with you<BR>That's what I really meant to say<P>And as you walked away<BR>The echo of my words<BR>Cut just like a knife<BR>Cut so deep it hurt<BR>I held back the tears<BR>Held on to my pride<BR>And watched you go<BR>I wonder if you'll ever know<P>What I really meant to say<BR>Is I'm dying here inside<BR>I miss you more each day<BR>There's not a night<BR>I haven't cried<BR>And baby here's the truth<BR>I'm still in love with you<BR>That's what I really meant to say<P>What I really meant to say<BR>Is I'm really not that strong<BR>No matter how I try<BR>I'm still holding on<BR>And here's the honest truth<BR>I'm still in love with you<BR>That's what I really meant to say<BR>
Posted By: sballplyr Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 02:46 PM
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought my husband wrote this Tim McGraw song.<P>Angry All the Time <P>Here we are<BR>What is left of a husband and a wife<BR>With four good kids<BR>Who have a way of getting on with their lives<P>And I'm not old<BR>But I'm gettin' a whole lot older everyday<BR>It's too late to keep<BR>From goin' crazy<BR>I've got to get away<P>The reasons that I can't stay<BR>Don't have a thing to do with being in love<BR>And I understand that lovin' a man<BR>Shouldn't have to be this rough<BR>And you ain' the only one<BR>Who feels like this world's left you far behind<BR>I don' t know why you gotta be<BR>Angry all the time<P>Our boys are strong now<BR>The spittin' image of you when you were young<BR>I hope someday<BR>They can see past what you have become<BR>And I remember<BR>Everytime I said I'd never leave<BR>But what I can't live with<BR>In memories of the way you used to be<P>The reasons that I can't stay<BR>Don't have a thing to do with being in love<BR>And I understand that lovin' a man<BR>Shouldn't have to be this rough<BR>And you ain' the only one<BR>Who feels like this world's left you far behind<BR>I don' t know why you gotta be<BR>Angry all the time<P>Twenty years<BR>Have came and went since I walked out of your door<BR>I never quite made it back to the one I was before<BR>And, God, it hurts me<BR>To think of you for the light in your eyes was gone<BR>And sometimes I don't know why<BR>This old world can't leave well enough alone<P>The reasons that I can't stay<BR>Don't have a thing to do with being in love<BR>And I understand that lovin' a man<BR>Shouldn't have to be this rough<BR>And you ain' the only one<BR>Who feels like this world's left you far behind<BR>I don' t know why you gotta be<BR>Angry all the time<P>I don't know why you gotta be angry all the time<P><BR> <BR>
Posted By: BioMan Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 02:49 PM
I am not really much of a country music fan..<BR>But does anyone know the lyrics to the Travis Tritt song<BR>Foolish Pride?<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Posted By: sballplyr Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 02:54 PM
Here you go BioMan<P>Foolish Pride<BR>Written by - Travis Tritt<P>She stayed up all night and cried into her pillow<BR>And fought off the urge to just break down and call<BR>Last night to find the fault seemed so darn easy<BR>But now whose to blame don't matter much at all<BR>She thinks if she calls him it just shows weakness<BR>So the hurt goes on with every tear she's cried<BR>Ain't it sad to see a good love fall to pieces<BR>Chalk another heartbreak up to foolish pride<P>Chorus:<BR>Turn out the lights the competition's over<BR>The stubborn souls are the losers here tonight<BR>And while the bridges burn, another hard-hard lesson's learned<BR>As through the ashes passion slowly dies<BR>And this romance goes down to foolish pride<P>He relives every word they spoke in anger<BR>He walks the floor and punches out the wall<BR>To apologize to her would be so simple<BR>But instead he cries I'll be damned if I'll crawl<BR>If he loses her he's lost his best friend<BR>And that's more then just a lover can provide<BR>So he wrestles with emotions that defeat him<BR>Chalk another love lost up to foolish pride<P>Chorus<P>Chalk another heartbreak up to foolish pride<BR>
Posted By: BioMan Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 02:59 PM
Sballyplyr.....Thank you a million.<P>------------------<BR>Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Posted By: Austin Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 03:14 PM
How about Don Henley "The End Of Innocense" and "The Heart Of The Matter". Intense lyrics. I listened to these over and over once I discovered my wifes affair. Also, Jackson Brown "Here Come thoses Tears Again".
Posted By: sballplyr Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 03:21 PM
The End of the Innocence<BR> <BR>Remember when the days were long<BR>And rolled beneath a deep blue sky<BR>Didn't have a care in the world<BR>With mommy and daddy standin' by<BR>But "happily ever after" fails<BR>And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales<BR>The lawyers dwell on small details<BR>Since daddy had to fly<P>But I know a place where we can go<BR>That's still untouched by men<BR>We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by<BR>And the tall grass wave in the wind<BR>You can lay your head back on the ground<BR>And let your hair fall all around me<BR>Offer up your best defense<BR>But this is the end<BR>This is the end of the innocence<P>O' beautiful, for spacious skies<BR>But now those skies are threatening<BR>They're beating plowshares into swords<BR>For this tired old man that we elected king<BR>Armchair warriors often fail<BR>And we've been poisoned by these fairy tales<BR>The lawyers clean up all details<BR>Since daddy had to lie<P>But I know a place where we can go<BR>And wash away this sin<BR>We'll sit and watch the clouds roll by<BR>And the tall grass wave in the wind<BR>Just lay your head back on the ground<BR>And let your hair spill all around me<BR>Offer up your best defense<BR>But this is the end<BR>This is the end of the innocence<P>Who knows how long this will last<BR>Now we've come so far, so fast<BR>But, somewhere back there in the dust<BR>That same small town in each of us<BR>I need to remember this<BR>So baby give me just one kiss<BR>And let me take a long last look<BR>Before we say goodbye<P>Just lay your head back on the ground<BR>And let your hair fall all around me<BR>Offer up your best defense<BR>But this is the end<BR>This is the end of the innocence<P><BR> <BR>
Posted By: sballplyr Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 03:25 PM
The Heart Of The Matter<P>I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear<BR>But I knew that it would come<BR>An old, true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone<BR>She said you'd found someone<BR>And I thought of all the bad luck<BR>And the struggles we went through<BR>And how I lost me and you lost you<BR>What are these voices outside love's open door<BR>Make us throw off our contentment<BR>And beg for something more?<P>I'm learning to live without you now<BR>But I miss you sometimes<BR>And the more I know, the less I understand<BR>All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again<BR>I've been tryin' to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>But my will gets weak<BR>And my thoughts seem to scatter<BR>But I think it's about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me anymore<P>These times are so uncertain<BR>There's a yearning undefined<BR>And people filled with rage<BR>We all need a little tenderness<BR>How can love survive in such a graceless age?<BR>The trust and self-assurance that lead to happiness<BR>They're the very things we kill, I guess<BR>Pride and competition<BR>Cannot fill these empty arms<BR>And the work I put between us<BR>You know, it doesn't keep me warm<P>I'm learning to live without you now<BR>But I miss you, baby<BR>And the more I know, the less I understand<BR>All the things I thought I'd figured out<BR>I have to learn again<BR>I've been trying to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>But everything changes<BR>And my friends seem to scatter<BR>But I think it's about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me anymore<P>There are people in your life who've come and gone<BR>They let you down, you know they hurt your pride<BR>You better put it all behind you, baby. 'cos life goes on<BR>You keep carryin' that anger, it'll eat you up inside, baby<P>I've been trying to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>But my will gets weak<BR>And my thoughts seem to scatter<BR>But I think it's about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me<P>I've been tryin' to get down<BR>To the heart of the matter<BR>Because the flesh will get weak<BR>And the ashes will scatter<BR>So I'm thinkin' about forgiveness<BR>Forgiveness<BR>Even if, even if you don't love me<P>Even if, even if you don't love me anymore<P><BR>
Posted By: sballplyr Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 03:27 PM
HERE COME THOSE TEARS AGAIN<P>Here come those tears again<BR>Just when I was getting over you<BR>Just when I was going to make it through<BR>Another night without missing you<BR>Thinking I might just be strong enough after all<BR>When I hear your footsteps echoing in the hall<P>Baby here we stand again<BR>Like we've been so many times before<BR>Even though you looked so sure<BR>As I was watching you walking out my door<BR>But you always walk back in like you did today<BR>Acting like you never even went away<P>Well I don't know if I can<BR>Open up and let you in baby<BR>Here come those tears<BR>Here come those tears again<P>I can hear you telling me<BR>How you needed to be free<BR>And you had some things to work out alone<BR>Now you're standing here telling me<BR>How you have grown<P>Here come those tears again<BR>Now you'll tell me how to hold them in<BR>Here come those tears<BR>Here come those tears again<P>Some other time baby<BR>When I'm strong and feeling fine maybe<BR>When I can look at you without crying<BR>You might look like a friend of mine<BR>But I don't know if I can<BR>Open up enough to let you in<BR>Here come those tears<BR>Here come those tears again<BR>Just walk away<BR>I'm going back inside and turning out those light<BR>And I'll be in the dark but you'll be out of sight<BR>
Posted By: BioMan Re: Song lyrics - 09/01/01 05:21 AM
Un-break My Heart<BR>Toni Braxton<P><BR> <BR> Don't leave me in all this pain <BR> Don't leave me out in the rain <BR> Come back and bring back my smile <BR> Come and take these tears away <BR> I need your arms to hold me now <BR> The nights are so unkind <BR> Bring back those nights when I held you beside me <P> Un-break my heart <BR> Say you'll love me again <BR> Undo this hurt you caused <BR> When you walked out the door <BR> And walked outta my life <BR> Un-cry these tears <BR> I cried so many nights <BR> Un-break my heart <BR> My heart <P> Take back that sad word good-bye <BR> Bring back the joy to my life <BR> Don't leave me here with these tears <BR> Come and kiss this pain away <BR> I can't forget the day you left <BR> Time is so unkind <BR> And life is so cruel without you here beside me <BR> <BR> Don't leave me in all this pain <BR> Don't leave me out in the rain <BR> Bring back the nights when I held you beside me <P> Un-break my heart <BR> Come back and say you love me <BR> Un-break my heart <BR> Sweet darlin' <BR> Without you I just can't go on <BR> Can't go on <BR>
Posted By: Ava Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 06:32 PM
Another Jackson Browne song from his 'ALIVE' album. He recorded the album after his break-up with Darryl Hannah. It has a lot of good ending/new begining songs.<P><BR>It's been a long time since I watched these lights alone<BR>I look around my life tonight and you are gone<BR>I might have done something to keep you if I'd known<BR>How unhappy you had become<P>While I was dreaming of you<BR>With my heart in your hands<BR>And I was following though<BR>With my beautiful plans<P>Yeah now I'm rolling down this canyon drive<BR>With your laughter in my head<BR>I'm gonna have to block it out somehow to survive<BR>'cause those dreams are dead<BR>And I'm alive<P>I want to go where I will never hear your name<BR>I want to lose my sorrow and be free again<BR>And I know I've been insane<BR>When I think of places I could have been<P>But I was dreaming of you<BR>With my heart in your hands<BR>And I was following through<BR>With my beautiful plans<P>Standing here by the highway side<BR>Watching these trucks blow by<BR>Inches from my face<BR>Yeah thinking 'bout the time I've wasted<BR>And the pleasure we once tasted<BR>Looking up and down this road<BR>I've been here before<BR>Can't be here no more<P>Yeah now I'm rolling down California five<BR>With your laughter in my head<BR>I'm gonna have to block it out somehow to survive<BR>'cause those dreams are dead<BR>And I'm alive<P>Yeah look at the way I believed in you and loved you all those years<BR>Now you could fill a swimming pool with all my salty tears<BR>You could have told me what was in your heart, baby you lied<BR>And I thought that it would kill me<BR>But I'm alive.<P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by Ava (edited August 31, 2001).]
Posted By: SoTired2000 Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 08:30 PM
Dolly Parton - I'll Always Love You<P>If I should stay <BR>Well, I would only be in your way <BR>And so I'll go, and yet I know <BR>That I'll think of you each step of my way <BR>And I will always love you <BR>I will always love you <P>Bitter-sweet memories <BR>That's all I have, and all I'm taking with me <BR>Good-bye, oh, please don't cry <BR>'Cause we both know that I'm not <BR>What you need <BR>I will always love you <BR>I will always love you <P>And I hope life, will treat you kind <BR>And I hope that you have all <BR>That you ever dreamed of <BR>Oh, I do wish you joy <BR>And I wish you happiness <BR>But above all this <BR>I wish you love <BR>I love you, I will always love <P>I, I will always, always love you <BR>I will always love you <BR>I will always love you <BR>I will always love you <P>------------------<BR>God always waits for the right time to do the right thing in the right way.
Posted By: SoTired2000 Re: Song lyrics - 08/31/01 08:34 PM
And probably my favorite for how I now feel....<P>Tim McGraw - Just To See You Smile<P>You always had an eye for things that glittered<BR>But I was far from being made of gold<BR>I don't know how but I scraped up the money<BR>I just never could quite tell you no<P>Just like when you were leaving Amarillo<BR>To take that new job in Tennessee<BR>And I quit mine so we could be together<BR>I can't forget the way you looked at me<P>CHORUS:<BR>Just to see you smile<BR>I'd do anything that you wanted me to<BR>When all is said and done <BR>I'd never count the cost<BR>It's worth all that's lost<BR>Just to see you smile<P>When you said time was all you really needed<BR>I walked away to let you have your space<BR>'Cause leavin' didn't hurt me near as badly<BR>As the tears I saw rollin' down your face<P>And yesterday I knew just what you wanted <BR>When you came walkin' up to me with him<BR>So I told you that I was happy for you <BR>And given the chance I'd lie again<P>------------------<BR>God always waits for the right time to do the right thing in the right way.
Posted By: NOT incapable of love Re: Song lyrics - 09/01/01 03:15 PM
Excerpts from "Stand Beside Me" - Jo Dee Messina<P><BR>I may not be so lucky in love<BR>But the one thing I'm sure of<BR>I want a man that stands beside me<BR>Not in front of or behind me<BR>Give me two arms that want to hold me, not own me<BR>And I'll give all the love in my heart<P>Stand beside me<BR>Be true, don't tell lies to me<BR>I'm not lookin' for a fantasy<BR>I want a man that who stands beside me<P>It's hard to tell him, "No" when I want him so bad<BR>But I've got to be true to my heart this time<P>I'm not lookin' for a fantasy<BR>I want a man who stands beside me<BR>I want a man<BR>Who stands beside me<P>Stand beside me...<BR>
Posted By: OnceBetrayed Re: Song lyrics - 09/01/01 04:28 PM
Tinman ~ Kenny Chesney ~<BR>Saw a man in the movies, who didnt have a heart.<BR>How i wish i could give him mine.<BR>Then i wouldnt have to feel it breaking all apart<BR>and this emptiness inside would suit me fine.<P>Its times like these i wish i were the tinman.<BR>you could hurt me all you wanted<BR>and i'd never even know.<BR>I'd give anything, Just to be the tinman.<BR>And i wouldnt have a heart<BR>and i wouldnt need a soul.<P>Couldn't see your leaving Coming,<BR>it took me by surprise<BR>even now it still seems like a dream.<BR>but i know i can;t be dreaming,<BR>cause as i lay down each night,<BR>the pain is so great that i won't let me sleep.<P><BR>Its times like these i wish i were the tinman.<BR>you could hurt me all you wanted <BR>and i'd never even know.<BR>I'd give anything, Just to be the tinman.<BR>And i wouldnt have a heart<BR>and i wouldnt need a soul.<P>How i feel sometimes........<BR>Just thought that some of you might like it<BR>Take care all<BR>
Posted By: burns1471 Re: Song lyrics - 09/02/01 01:16 PM
Instead of a song, why not a whole album...<P>and nothing turn itself inside out by Yo La Tengo<P>has been getting me though the last few weeks.
Posted By: heckofagal Re: Song lyrics - 09/02/01 06:42 PM
DROPS OF JUPITER ~ Train<P>Now that she's back in the atmosphere<BR>With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey<BR>She acts like summer and walks like rain<BR>Reminds me that there's time to change, hey, hey<BR>Since the return from her stay on the moon<BR>She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey <P>Tell me did you sail across the sun<BR>Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded<BR>And that heaven is overrated<P>Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star<BR>One without a permanent scar<BR>And did you miss me while you were looking at yourself out there <P>Now that she's back from that soul vacation<BR>Tracing her way through the constellation, hey, hey<BR>She checks out Mozart while she does tae-bo<BR>Reminds me that there's time to grow, hey, hey <P>Now that she's back in the atmosphere<BR>I'm afraid that she might think of me as plain<BR>ol' Jane<BR>Told a story about a man who is too afraid to<BR>fly so he never did land <P>Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet<BR>Did you finally get the chance to dance along<BR>the light of day<BR>And head back to the Milky Way<BR>And tell me, did Venus blow your mind<BR>Was it everything you wanted to find<BR>And did you miss me while you were looking<BR>for yourself out there <P>Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried<BR>chicken<BR>Your best friend always sticking up for you<BR>even when I know you're wrong<BR>Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried<BR>romance five-hour phone conversation<BR>The best soy latte that you ever had...and me <P>Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet<BR>Did you finally get the chance to dance along<BR>the light of day<BR>And head back toward the Milky Way <BR>
Posted By: heckofagal Re: Song lyrics - 09/02/01 06:44 PM
IF YOU'RE GONE ~ Matchbox 20<P>I think you're already gone.<BR>I think I'm finally scared now<BR>You think I'm weak - But I think you're wrong<BR>I think you're already leaving<BR>Feels like your hand is on the door<BR>I thought this place was an empire<BR>But now I'm relaxed - I can't be sure<P>I think you're so mean - I think we should try<BR>I think I could need - this in my life<BR>I think I'm just scared - I think too much<BR>I know this is wrong it's a problem I'm dealing<P>If you're gone - maybe it's time to go home<BR>There's an awful lot of breathing room<BR>But I can hardly move<BR>If you're gone - baby you need to come home<BR>Cuz there's a little bit of something me<BR>In everything in you<P>I bet you're hard to get over<BR>I bet the room just won't shine<BR>I bet my hands I can stay here<BR>I bet you need - more than you mind<P>I think you're so mean - I think we should try<BR>I think I could need - this in my life<BR>I think I'm just scared - that I know too much<BR>I can't relate and that's a problem <BR>I'm feeling<P>If you're gone - maybe it's time to go home<BR>There's an awful lot of breathing room<BR>But I can hardly move<BR>If you're gone - baby you need to come home<BR>cuz there's a little bit of something me<BR>In everything in you<P>I think you're so mean - I think we should try<BR>I think I could need - this in my life<BR>I think I'm just scared - do I talk too much<BR>I know it's wrong it's a problem I'm dealing <P>(I also enjoy Bent and Mad Season by Matchbox 20.)
Posted By: heckofagal Re: Song lyrics - 09/02/01 06:47 PM
COMPLICATED ~ Carolyn Dawn Johnson<P>I'm so scared that<BR>The way that I feel<BR>Is written all over my face<BR>When you walk into the room<BR>I wanna find a hiding place<BR>We used to laugh<BR>We used to hug<BR>The way that old friends do<BR>But now a smile and<BR>A touch of your hand<BR>Just make me come unglued<BR>It's such a contradiction<BR>Do I lie or tell the truth?<BR>Is it fact or fiction<BR>The way I feel for you?<BR>CHORUS:<BR>It's so complicated<BR>I'm so frustrated<BR>I wanna hold you close<BR>I wanna push you away<BR>I wanna make you go<BR>I wanna make you stay<BR>Should I say it<BR>Should I tell you<BR>How I feel?<BR>Oh, I want you to know<BR>But then again I don't<BR>It's so complicated.<P>Just when I think<BR>I'm under control<BR>I think I finally got a grip<BR>Another friend tells me that<BR>My name is always<BR>On your lips<BR>They say I'm more<BR>Than just a friend<BR>They say I must be blind<BR>Well I admit that<BR>I've seen you watch me<BR>From the corner of your eye<BR>Oh it's so confusing<BR>I wish you'd just confess<BR>But think of what I'd be losing<BR>If your answer wasn't yes<P>Repeat chorus<P>I hate it 'cause<BR>I've waited so long<BR>For someone like you<BR>Should I say it<BR>Should I tell you<BR>How I feel?<BR>Oh I want you to know<BR>But then again I don't<BR>It's so complicated<BR>
Posted By: Mad Season Re: Song lyrics - 09/02/01 07:37 PM
Insensitive - Jann Arden<P><BR>How do you cool your lips<BR>After a summer's kiss<BR>How do you rid the sweat<BR>After the body bliss<BR>How do you turn your eyes<BR>From the romantic glare<BR>How do you block the sound of a voice<BR>You'd know anywhere<P>(chorus)<BR>Oh I really should have known<BR>By the time you drove me home<BR>By the vagueness in your eyes<BR>Your casual good-byes<BR>By the chill in your embrace<BR>The expression on your face<BR>That told me you might have some advice to give<BR>On how to be insensitive<P>How do you numb your skin<BR>After the warmest touch<BR>How do you slow your blood<BR>After the body rush<BR>How do you free your soul<BR>After you've found a friend<BR>How do you teach your heart it's a crime<BR>To fall in love again<P>Oh you probably won't remember me<BR>It's probably ancient history<BR>I'm one of the chosen few<BR>Who went ahead and fell for you<BR>I'm out of vogue, I'm out of touch<BR>I fell too fast, I feel too much<BR>I thought that you might have some advice to give<BR>On how to be insensitive<P>(chorus)<BR>
Posted By: Bladybug Re: Song lyrics - 09/03/01 12:29 PM
It's A Heartache<BR>By Bonnie Tyler<P>It's a heartache<BR>Nothing but a heartache<BR>Hits you when it's too late<BR>Hits you when you're down<P>It's a fool's game<BR>Nothing but a fool's game<BR>Standing in the cold rain<BR>Feeling like a clown<P>It's a heartache<BR>Nothing but a heartache<BR>Love him till your arms break<BR>Then he let's you down<P>It ain't right with love to share<BR>When you find he doesn't care, for you<BR>It ain't wise to need someone<BR>As much as I depended on, you<P>It's a heartache<BR>Nothing but a heartache<BR>Hits you when it's too late<BR>Hits you when you're down<P>Its a fool's game<BR>Nothing but a fool's game<BR>Standing in the cold rain<BR>Feeling like a clown<P>It ain't right with love to share<BR>When you find he doesn't care, for you<BR>It ain't wise to need someone<BR>As much as I depended on, you<P>It's a heartache<BR>Nothing but a heartache<BR>Love him till your arms break<BR>Then he lets you down<P>It's a fool's game<BR>Standing in the cold rain<BR>Feeling like a clown<P>It's a heartache<BR>Love him till your arms break<BR>Then he lets you down<P>It's a fool's game<BR>Standing in the cold rain<P> <P>
Posted By: cjack Re: Song lyrics - 09/03/01 10:42 PM
Some suggestions...all country, 'cuz that's the best kind of music for these situations:<P>"When You Need My Love" by Daryl Worley. Terrific song from the betrayed husband point of view.<P>"Second Wind" also by Daryl Worley. Good song about picking up and moving on after a divorce.<P>"What Might Have Been" by Little Texas. And finally,<P>"Please Remember Me" by Tim McGraw. Not many people know the story behind this song. It was written by Rodney Crowell after he and his wife Claudia had separated. It was to be his farewell message to her. They reconciled (though not because of the song), and I believe they're still together. I met Claudia a couple of years ago, and she is darned well worth writing a song about!<P>"PLEASE REMEMBER ME"<P>When all our tears have reached the sea<BR>Part of you will live in me<BR>Way down deep inside my heart<BR>The days keep on coming without fail<BR>New wind is gonna find your sail<BR>That's where your journey starts<P><BR>You'll find better love<BR>Strong as it ever was<BR>Deep as the river runs<BR>Warm as the morning sun<BR>Please remember me<P>Just like the waves down by the shore<BR>We're gonna keep on comin' back for more<BR>Cause we don't ever wanna stop<BR>Out in this brave new world you seek<BR>Oh the valleys and the peaks<BR>And I can see you on the top<P>You'll find better love<BR>Strong as it ever was<BR>Deep as the river runs<BR>Warm as the morning sun<BR>Please remember me<P><BR>Remember me when you're out walkin'<BR>When snow falls high outside your door<BR>Late at night when you're not sleeping<BR>And moonlight falls across your floor<BR>When I can't hurt you anymore <P>You'll find better love<BR>Strong as it ever was<BR>Deep as the river runs<BR>Warm as the morning sun<BR>Please remember me<P>
Posted By: c00ker Re: Song lyrics - 09/03/01 11:07 PM
It's rining again - Supertramp<P>It's raining again<BR>Oh no, my love's at an end,<BR>Oh no, it's raining again And you know it's hard to pretend,<BR>Oh no, it's raining again<BR>Too bad I'm losing a friend,<BR>Oh no, It's raining again<BR>Oh will my heart ever mend.<P>You're old enough some people say<BR>To read the signs and walk away <BR>It's only time that heals the pain<BR>And makes the sun come out again <BR>It's raining again<BR>Oh no, my love's at an end,<BR>Oh no, it's raining again <BR>Too bad I'm losing a friend.<P>C'mon you little fighter<BR>No need to get uptighter<BR>C'mon you little fighter<BR>And get back up again<BR>Oh get back up again<BR>Fill your heart again?<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain <BR>and makes the sun come out again
Posted By: Indecision Re: Song lyrics - 09/04/01 04:50 AM
Jodecy-Forever my lady<P><BR>Forever, forever, forever<BR>And ever<P>So you're having my baby, and it means so much to me<BR>There's nothing more precious, than to raise a family<BR>If there's any doubt in your mind, you can count on me<BR>I'll never let you down, lady believe in me<P>(You and I) we'll never fall apart<BR>(You and I) we knew right from the start, baby, baby<BR>(The day) we fell so far in love<BR>Now our baby is born, healthy and strong<BR>Now our dreams are reality, yeah baby<P>Chorus:<BR>Forever my lady<BR>It's like a dream<BR>I'm holding you close, you're keeping me warm<BR>If this is exstacy<BR>Forever my lady, I say just what I mean<BR>Forever and ever, I pray it's what it seems<P>Can you picture my lady, this empty scene<BR>There's no me or no you, what would we do<BR>An awful sight to me<BR>If I ever lose you, tell me where would I go<BR>Life would have no meaning<BR>And I pray that you would always stay with me, yeah<P>(You and I) we'll never fall apart<BR>(You and I) said we knew right from the start, baby, baby<BR>(The day) we fell so far in love<BR>Now my baby is born, healthy and strong<BR>And now my dreams are reality<P>{Chorus}<P>(You and I) we'll never fall apart<BR>(You and I) I said we mean it, and I said we mean it from the start<BR>(The day) we felt so far in love<BR>Now our baby is born, so healthy and strong<BR>Now my dreams are reality<P>Yeah; forever my lady; oh yeah baby<BR>Forever my lady<BR>Said I pray every night baby<BR>
Posted By: Indecision Re: Song lyrics - 09/04/01 04:52 AM
Tori Amos-Winter<P>Snow can wait, I forgot my mittens<BR>Wipe my nose get my new boots on<BR>I get a little warm in my heart when I think of winter <BR>I put my hands in my father’s glove<BR>I run off where the drifts get deeper <BR>Sleeping Beauty it drips me with a frown<BR>I hear a voice you must learn to stand up<BR>For yourself cause I can’t always be around <BR>He says when you gonna make up your mind <BR>When you gonna love you as much as I do<BR>When you gonna make up your mind<BR>Cause things are gonna change so fast <BR>All the white horses are still in bed <BR>I tell you that I’ll always want you near<BR>You say that things change my dear<BR>Boys get discovered as winter melts<BR>Flowers come pleading for the sun<BR>Years go by and I’m used to waiting<BR>With a ring with some snowmans<BR>Mirror mirror where’s the crystal palace<BR>But I can only see myself<BR>Skating around the truth who I am<BR>But I know the Ice is getting thin<BR>When you gonna make up your mind <BR>When you gonna love you as much as I do<BR>When you gonna make up your mind<BR>Cause things are gonna change so fast <BR>All the white horses are still in bed <BR>I tell you that I’ll always want you near<BR>You say that things change my dear<BR>Hair is gray and the fire is burrnig<BR>So many dreams on the shelf<BR>You say I wanted you to be proud of me <BR>I always wanted that myself<BR>When you gonna make up your mind <BR>When you gonna love you as much as I do<BR>When you gonna make up your mind<BR>Cause things are gonna change so fast <BR>All the white horses have gone ahead <BR>I tell you that I’ll always want you near<BR>You say that things change my dear<BR>Never change<BR>All the white horses
Posted By: HopelessinAZ Re: Song lyrics - 09/04/01 04:54 AM
So many good songs here! Lots of tears....<P>My contributions<P>"Calling All Angels" Jane Siberry<P>a man is placed upon the steps, a baby cries,<BR>and high above the church bells start to ring<BR>and as the heaviness the body oh the heaviness settles in<BR>somewhere you can hear a mother sing<BR>then it's one foot then the other as you step out onto the road of hope<BR>how much weigh? how much weight?<BR>then it's how long? and how far? and how many times before it's too late<P>calling all angels<BR>calling all angels<BR>walk me through this one<BR>don't leave me alone<BR>calling all angels<BR>calling all angels<BR>we're cryin' and we're hurtin'<BR>and wer're not sure why....<P>and every day you gaze upon the sunset with such love and intensity<BR>it's almost...it's almost as if if you could only crack the code<BR>then you'd finally understand what this all means<BR>but if you could..do you think you would trade in all the pain and suffering?<BR>ah, but then you'd miss the beauty of the light upon this earth<BR>and the sweetness of the leaving<P>calling all angels<BR>calling all angles<BR>walk me through this world<BR>don't leave me alone<BR>callin' all angels<BR>callin' all angels<BR>we're trying<BR>we're hoping<BR>we're hurting<BR>we're loving <BR>we're crying <BR>we're calling<BR>'cuz we're not sure how this goes
Posted By: Indecision Re: Song lyrics - 09/04/01 04:56 AM
Sting-Fragile<P>If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one<BR>Drying in the colour of the evening sun<BR>Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away<BR>But something in our minds will always stay<P><BR>Perhaps this final act was meant<BR>To clinch a lifetime's argument<BR>That nothing comes from violence<BR>and nothing ever could<BR>For all those born beneath an angry star<BR>Lest we forget how fragile we are<P><BR>On and on the rain will fall<BR>Like tears from a star<BR>Like tears from a star<BR>On and on the rain will say<BR>How fragile we are<BR>How fragile we are<P><BR>On and on the rain will fall<BR>Like tears from a star<BR>Like tears from a star<BR>On and on the rain will say<BR>How fragile we are<BR>How fragile we are<BR>How fragile we are<BR>How fragile we are<BR>
Posted By: Indecision Re: Song lyrics - 09/04/01 04:58 AM
Jodeci-I'm still waiting<P>It's been so long<BR>since I touched a lady<BR>and I'm still waiting<BR>for you to come back to me<BR>now will you forgive me<BR>for the wrong I've done<BR>and let's try again<BR>to make it last so long<BR>chorus:<P>I'm still waiting<BR>for you to come back to love<BR>to fulfill this life<BR>we're dreaming of<BR>so don't wait<BR>another day might be too long<BR>don't rush<BR>go slow so nothing goes wrong<P>listen baby<BR>I can't wait<BR>to feel your love again<BR>cause you can stop this pain<BR>that I've been feeling<BR>so let's start all over<BR>and put the past behind<BR>and make a love to stand<BR>to the test of time<P>I'm still waiting<BR>for you to come back to love<BR>to fulfill this life, yeah<BR>we're dreaming of<BR>and these feelings are so very strong<BR>another day might be too long<BR>go slow so nothing goes wrong<BR>I just can't take it no more, baby<BR>the feel of your warm embrace, baby<BR>I'm still waiting on you<BR>I'm still waiting<BR>for you to come back to love (ohhh, yes I am)<BR>to fulfill this life (that we're dreaming of)<BR>we're dreaming of<BR>so baby, please don't wait, baby baby<BR>another day might be too long (my arms are open wide)<BR>go slow so nothing goes wrong<P>sometimes I get so lonely wanna call you, baby<BR>just a little love is all I need<BR>yeahhhhh<BR>another day might be too long<BR>go slow so nothing goes wrong<BR>just a little love is all I need (my arms are open wide)<BR>just a little love is all I need<BR>yeah<BR>woh ohhhhh<BR>the feel of your warm embrace<BR>I'm still waiting<BR>for you to come back to love<BR>to fulfill this life<BR>we're dreaming of
Posted By: HopelessinAZ Re: Song lyrics - 09/04/01 05:09 AM
"Babylon" David Gray<P>friday night i'm going nowhere<BR>all the lights are changing green to red<BR>turning over tv stations <BR>situations running through my head<BR>well looking back through time you know it's clear that i've been blind i've been a fool<BR>to open up my heart to all that jealousy,<BR>that bitterness, that ridicule<BR>saturday i'm running wild<BR>and all the lights are changing red to green<BR>moving through the crowd i'm pushing<BR>chemicals are rushing through my bloodstream<BR>only wish that you were here<BR>you know i'm seeing it so clear<BR>i've been afraid to tell you how i really feel<BR>admit to some of those mistakes i've made<P>if you want it come and get it<BR>crying out loud<BR>the love that i was giving you was never in doubt<BR>let go your heart let go your head<BR>and feel it now<BR>let go your heart let go your head <BR>and feel it now....babylon babylon<P>sunday all the lights of london<BR>shining sky is fading red to blue<BR>i'm kicking through the autum leaves <BR>and wondering where it is you might be going to<BR>turning back for home you know<BR>i'm feeling so alone i can't believe<BR>climbing on the stair i turn around to see you smiling there in front of me<P>if you want it<BR>come and get it<BR>crying out loud<BR>the love that i was giving you was never in doubt<BR>let go your heart let go your head and feel it now....<BR>babylon babylon babylon
Posted By: father of 1, husband of 0 Re: Song lyrics - 09/04/01 05:27 AM
For all of you adultery sufferers, like me...<P>Journey<P>LOVIN' TOUCHIN' SQUEEZIN' <BR>(Perry) <BR>From The Album: EVOLUTION (April 1979) <BR>Release Date: July 1979 <BR>Top 40: Enters on August 25 and Peaks at #16 <BR> <P>You make me weep and wanna die<BR>Just when you said we'd try<BR>Lovin', touchin', squeezin' each other<P><BR>When I'm alone all by myself<BR>You're out with someone else<BR>Lovin', touchin', squeezin' each other<P><BR>You're tearin' me apart<BR>Every day, every day<BR>You're tearin' me apart<BR>Oh what can I say?<BR>You're tearin' me apart<P><BR>It won't be long, yes till you're alone<BR>When your lover, oh, he hasn't come home<BR>Cause he's lovin' oo, he's touchin',<BR>He's squeezin' another<P><BR>He's tearin' you apart<BR>Every day, every day<BR>He's tearin' you apart<BR>Oh girl what can you say?<BR>Cause he's lovin', touchin' another<BR>Now it's your turn, girl to cry<BR>Na na na na na na<BR>Na na na na na<BR>Na na na na na na<BR>Na na na na na<BR> <BR>
Posted By: cjack Re: Song lyrics - 09/05/01 07:30 PM
Working at a radio station, you come across lots of great songs. Today we started playing a beautiful song that just floored me the first time I really listened to the words.<P>"I'm Movin On" by Rascal Flatts:<P>I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons<BR>Finally content with a past I regret<BR>I've found you find strength in your<BR>Moments of weakness<BR>For once I'm at peace with myself<P>I've been burdened with blame, trapped in<BR>the past for too long...<P>I'm movin' on<P>I've lived in this place and I know<BR>all the faces<BR>Each one is different but they're <BR>always the same<BR>They mean me no harm but its time that <BR>I face it<BR>They'll never allow me to change<P>But I never dreamed home would end up<BR>where I don't belong...<P>I'm movin' on<P>I'm movin' on<BR>At last I can see, life has been patiently<BR>waiting for me<BR>And I know, there's no guarantees, but I'm <BR>not alone<BR>There comes a time in everyone's life<BR>When all you can see are the years<BR>passing by<BR>And I have made up my mind that those days<BR>are gone<P>I sold what I could, and packed what I couldn't<BR>Stopped to fill up on my way out of town<BR>I've loved like I should but I lived<BR>like I shouldn't<BR>I had to lose everything to find out<P>Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere<BR>down this road<P>I'm movin' on<BR>
Posted By: OnceBetrayed Re: Song lyrics - 09/05/01 07:58 PM
YOU AINT WOMAN `` Loretta Lynn~<P><BR>youve come to tell me somethin<BR>you think i outa know<P>that he dont love me anymore<BR> and ill havta let him go<P>you say youre gonna take him<BR>but i dont think you can<BR>cause you aint woman enough to take my man<P>women like you theyre a dime a dozen<BR>you can buy them anywhere<BR>for you to get to him<BR>ill have to move off but<BR>im gonna stay right here<P>it'll be over my dead body<BR>so get out while you can <BR>cause you aint woman enough to take my man<P><BR>sometimes a man's out lookin<BR>at things that he dont need<BR>he took a second look at you <BR>but hes in love with me<BR>well i dont know where that leaves you <BR>but i know where i stand<BR>and you aint woman enough to take my man<P>women like you theyre a dime a dozen<BR>you can buy them anywhere<BR>for you to get to him<BR>ill have to move off but<BR>im gonna stay right here<P>it'll be over my dead body<BR>so get out while you can <BR>cause you aint woman enough to take my man<P>no you aint woman enough to take my man<P>
Posted By: idostylin Re: Song lyrics - 09/05/01 08:36 PM
"Fallen" Alicia Keys<P>I keep on fallin'<BR>In and out of love <BR>With you<BR>Sometimes I love you<BR>Sometimes you make me blue<BR>Sometimes I feel good<BR>At times I feel used<BR>Lovin you daring <BR>Makes me so confused<P><BR>I keep on fallin in and out of love with you<BR>I never loved someone the way that I love you<P>Oh, oh I never felt this way <BR>How do you give me so much pleasure<BR>And cause me so much pain<BR>And just when I think I've taken more than what a fool<BR>I start fallin back in love with you<P><BR>
Posted By: Nina too Re: Song lyrics - 09/05/01 10:31 PM
For all of us here, from U2<P>Some Days Are Better Than Others<P>Some days are dry - some days are leaky <BR>Some days come clean - other days are sneaky <BR>Some days take less, but most days take more <BR>Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor <BR>Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy <BR>Some days you use more force than is necessary <BR>Some days just drop in on us <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days - it all adds up <BR>And what you got is enough <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days are slippy - other days sloppy <BR>Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy <BR>Your skin is white but you think you're a brother <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days you wake up with her complaining <BR>Some sunny days you wish it was raining <BR>Some days are sulky - some days have a grin <BR>Some days have bouncers and won't let you in <P>Some days you hear a voice <BR>Taking you to another place <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days are honest - some days are not <BR>Some days you're thankful for what you've got <BR>Some days you wake up in the army <BR>And some days - it's the enemy <P>Some days you work, most days you're lazy <BR>Some days you feel like a bit of a baby <BR>Lookin' for Jesus and His mother <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days - you feel ahead <BR>You're making sense of what she said <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days you hear a voice <BR>Taking you to another place <BR>Some days are better than others <P>
Posted By: what_do_i_do Re: Song lyrics - 09/05/01 11:22 PM
On Bended Knee<BR>by Boyz II Men<P>Darlin I cant explain<BR>Where did we lose our way<BR>Girl its drivin me insane<P>And I know I just need one more chance<BR>To prove my love to you<BR>If you come back to me<BR>I'll guarantee<BR>That I'll never let you go<P>Can we go back to the days out loves was strong<BR>Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong<BR>Can somebody tell me how to get things back<BR>The way they used to be<BR>Oh God give me a reason<BR>I'm down on bended knee<BR>I'll never walk again<BR>Until you come back to me<BR>I'm down on bended knee<P>So many nights I dream of you<BR>Holding my pilow tight<BR>I know I dont need to be alone<BR>When I open up my eyes<BR>To face reality<BR>Every moment without you<BR>It seems like eternity<BR>I'm beggin you begging you come back to me<P>Can we go back to the days out loves was strong<BR>Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong<BR>Can somebody tell me how to get things back<BR>The way they used to be<BR>Oh God give me a reason<BR>I'm down on bended knee<BR>I'll never walk again<BR>Until you come back to me<BR>I'm down on bended knee<P>
Posted By: dabigtrain Re: Song lyrics - 09/10/01 03:34 AM
OK, maybe I'm feeling a little cynical tonight...<P>Next Time 'Round - Elvis Costello<P>As I stepped out upon the landing my heart was already down the stairs <BR>She's in the bedroom with that boy of hers <BR>Though her face is creased and her eyes seem strange <P>There's a second-hand emotion on a battered forty-five <BR>My tears were never enough to keep that girl alive <BR>Now she seems contrite will she make the change <P>[chorus]<BR>The next time 'round <BR>The next time 'round <BR>You'll be someone else's baby <BR>But I'll be underground <BR>The next time 'round <P>First it's two steps forward and then one step on your back <BR>Now it's a future and you that I lack <BR>You'll be the one who'll stands out in the dark <BR>Even when you're all dressed in black <P>[chorus]<P>You've got something that I want now <BR>I've got something I can't hide <BR>I've got too much love for you now <BR>You have too much pride <P>Sometimes I name and number all the things you gave to me <BR>Your elastic love, this velvet-lined purgatory <BR>You used to take the breath out of me <BR>Now I think you'll be the death of me <P>[chorus]<BR>
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: Song lyrics - 09/10/01 04:14 AM
Hey Gang,<P>This used to make me cry, still does but it's for a different reason now. Val [Bunches] is forever gone in my mind. She died March 13, 1999, yeppers D day. I'm doing great. I still like this tune.<P>"When I look into your eyes"<BR>Firehouse<P> <BR>I see forever when I look in your eyes,<BR>What Iv'e ever wanted I always want you to be mine.<BR>Let's make a promise to the end of time,<BR>We will always be together that our love will never die. <BR>So, here we are face to face and heart to heart,<BR>I want you to know we will never be apart,<BR>Now, I believe that wishes can come true,<BR>Cause I see in my whole world, I see only you. <BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I can see how much I love you and it makes me realize,<BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I see all the dreams come true,<BR>when I look into your eyes. <BR>Iv'e looked for you all of my life,<BR>Now that Iv'e found you we will never say goodbye,<BR>You can't stop this feeling and there's nothing I can do,<BR>Cause I've seen everything when I look at you. <BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I can see how much I love you and it makes me realize,<BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I see all the dreams come true,<BR>when I look into your eyes. <P>And remember, if it ain't metal, it's crap. Thanks Dee Snyder. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"It's not over till we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H*ll no!" Blutto...Animal House 1984<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic
Posted By: dabigtrain Re: Song lyrics - 09/20/01 02:07 PM
I'm having a down day, so I'm posting "Wonderful" by Everclear<P>I close my eyes when I get too sad<BR>I think thoughts that I know are bad<BR>Close my eyes and I count to ten<BR>I hope it's over when I open them<BR>I want the things that I had before<BR>Like a Star Wars poster on my bedroom door<BR>I wish I could count to ten<BR>Make everything be wonderful again<P>I hope my mom and I hope my dad<BR>Will figure out why they get so mad<BR>I hear them scream, I hear them fight<BR>Say bad words that make me wanna cry<BR>Close my eyes when I go to bed<BR>And I dream adventures* that will make me smile<BR>I feel better when I hear them say<BR>Everything will be wonderful someday<P>Promises mean everything when you're little<BR>And the world's so big<BR>I just don't understand how,<BR>You can smile with all those tears in your eyes<BR>Tell me everything is wonderful now<BR>Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now<P>I go to school and I run & play<BR>I tell the kids that it's all ok<BR>I like to laugh so my friends won't know<BR>When the bell rings I just don't wanna go home<BR>Go to my room and I close my eyes<BR>I make believe that I have a new life<BR>I don't believe you when you say<BR>Everything will be wonderful someday<P>Promises mean everything when you're little<BR>And the world is so big<BR>I just don't understand how,<BR>You can smile with all those tears in your eyes<BR>When you tell me everything is wonderful now<BR>I don't wanna hear you tell me everything is wonderful now.<P>I don't wanna hear you say<BR>That I will understand someday - No, no, no, no<BR>I don't wanna hear you say - No, no, no, no<BR>I don't wanna meet your friend<BR>And I don't wanna start over again<BR>I just wanna my life to be the same, <BR>just like it used to be<BR>Some days I hate everything<BR>Some days I hate everything<BR>Ever wanna live with me?<BR>Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now<P>
Posted By: Pantha Re: Song lyrics - 09/20/01 02:37 PM
What about Cher's "I'm strong enough (to live without you)"<BR>for all of us leaving...<P>... and then <BR>Shaggies "It wasn't me" for the WS.
Posted By: Nina too Re: Song lyrics - 10/03/01 11:35 AM
I CANNOT post the lyrics to the song, but it is so well known that I had to share, and I had to go back four pages to do it.....<P>The song?<P>Unchained Melody.<P>My all time crying-jag song, even when I knew nothing.
Posted By: what_do_i_do Re: Song lyrics - 10/03/01 01:43 PM
a song for when you are feeling down and need a pick me up<BR>this always makes me believe in me a little more<P>I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly<P>I used to think that I could not go on<BR>And life was nothing but an awful song<BR>But now I know the meaning of true love<BR>I'm leaning on the everlasting arms<P>If I can see it, then I can do it<BR>If I just believe it, there's nothig to it<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>i believe I can touch the sky<BR>I think about it every night and day<BR>Spread my wings and fly away<BR>I believe I can soar<BR>i see me running thru that open door<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>Oh I believe I can fly<P>See I was on the verge of breaking down<BR>Sometimes the silence can seem so loud<BR>There are miracles in life I must acheive<BR>But first I know it starts inside of me<P>If I can see it, then I can do it<BR>If I just believe it, there's nothig to it<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>i believe I can touch the sky<BR>I think about it every night and day<BR>Spread my wings and fly away<BR>I believe I can soar<BR>I see me running thru that open door<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>Oh I believe I can fly<BR>
Posted By: Nina too Re: Song lyrics - 10/03/01 01:46 PM
Yes, that is a great song...and also our anthem here "I Will Survive"
Posted By: Lester Burnham Re: Song lyrics - 10/03/01 06:11 PM
Don't Think Twice - Bob Dylan<P>It ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe<BR>It don't matter, anyhow<BR>An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe<BR>If you don't know by now<BR>When your rooster crows at the break of dawn<BR>Look out your window and I'll be gone<BR>You're the reason I'm trav'lin' on<BR>Don't think twice, it's all right<P>It ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe<BR>That light I never knowed<BR>An' it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe<BR>I'm on the dark side of the road<BR>Still I wish there was somethin' you would do or say<BR>To try and make me change my mind and stay<BR>We never did too much talkin' anyway<BR>So don't think twice, it's all right<P>It ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal<BR>Like you never did before<BR>It ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal<BR>I can't hear you any more<BR>I'm a-thinkin' and a-wond'rin' all the way down the road<BR>I once loved a woman, a child I'm told<BR>I give her my heart but she wanted my soul<BR>But don't think twice, it's all right<P>I'm walkin' down that long, lonesome road, babe<BR>Where I'm bound, I can't tell<BR>But goodbye's too good a word, gal<BR>So I'll just say fare thee well<BR>I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind<BR>You could have done better but I don't mind<BR>You just kinda wasted my precious time<BR>But don't think twice, it's all right
Posted By: Lester Burnham Re: Song lyrics - 10/03/01 06:14 PM
Tainted Love<BR>Soft Cell<P>Sometimes I feel I've got to<BR>Run away I've got to<BR>Get away<BR>From the pain that you drive into the heart of me<BR>The love we share<BR>Seems to go nowhere<BR>And I've lost my light<BR>For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night<P>(chorus)<BR>Once I ran to you (I ran)<BR>Now I'll run from you<BR>This tainted love you've given<BR>I give you all a boy could give you<BR>Take my tears and that's not nearly all<BR>Oh...tainted love<BR>Tainted love<P>Now I know I've got to<BR>Run away I've got to<BR>Get away<BR>You don't really want IT any more from me<BR>To make things right<BR>You need someone to hold you tight<BR>And you'LL think love is to pray<BR>But I'm sorry I don't pray that way<P>(chorus...)<P>Don't touch me please<BR>I cannot stand the way you tease<BR>I love you though you hurt me so<BR>Now I'm going to pack my things and go<BR>Tainted love, tainted love (x2)<BR>Touch me baby, tainted love (x2)<BR>Tainted love (x3)
Posted By: Lester Burnham Re: Song lyrics - 10/03/01 06:17 PM
You Say You Don't Love Me - Buzzcocks<P>You say you don't love me<BR>Well that's alright with me 'cos I'm in love with you<BR>And I wouldn't want you doing things you don't want to do<BR>Oh you know I've always wanted you to be in love with me<BR>And it took so long to realize the way things have to be<BR>I wanted to live in a dream that couldn't be real<BR>And I'm starting to understand now the way that you feel<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<P>You say you don't love me<BR>Well that's alright with me 'cos I have got the time<BR>To wait in case someday you maybe change your mind<BR>I've decided not to make the same mistakes this time around<BR>As I'm tired of having heartaches I've been thinking and I've found<BR>I don't want to live in a dream I want something real<BR>And I think I understand now the way that you feel<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<P>[Solo]<P>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<P>You say you don't love me<BR>Well that's alright with me I'm not in love with you<BR>I just want us to do the things we both want to do<BR>Though I've got this special feelin' I'd be wrong to call it love<BR>For the word entails a few things that I would be well rid of<BR>I've no need to live in a dream it's finally real<BR>And I hope you now understand this feeling I feel<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't love me<BR>You say you don't love me<BR>You say you don't love me<BR>Mmm
Posted By: LostHusband Re: Song lyrics - 10/03/01 06:21 PM
I haven't went and got the lyrics to it yet, but has anyone heard the re-released song by Kenny Chesney - THE TIN MAN...<P>WOW!!! It says a lot....
© Marriage Builders® Forums