Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#701904 09/04/01 12:27 AM
F
F
For all of you adultery sufferers, like me...<P>Journey<P>LOVIN' TOUCHIN' SQUEEZIN' <BR>(Perry) <BR>From The Album: EVOLUTION (April 1979) <BR>Release Date: July 1979 <BR>Top 40: Enters on August 25 and Peaks at #16 <BR> <P>You make me weep and wanna die<BR>Just when you said we'd try<BR>Lovin', touchin', squeezin' each other<P><BR>When I'm alone all by myself<BR>You're out with someone else<BR>Lovin', touchin', squeezin' each other<P><BR>You're tearin' me apart<BR>Every day, every day<BR>You're tearin' me apart<BR>Oh what can I say?<BR>You're tearin' me apart<P><BR>It won't be long, yes till you're alone<BR>When your lover, oh, he hasn't come home<BR>Cause he's lovin' oo, he's touchin',<BR>He's squeezin' another<P><BR>He's tearin' you apart<BR>Every day, every day<BR>He's tearin' you apart<BR>Oh girl what can you say?<BR>Cause he's lovin', touchin' another<BR>Now it's your turn, girl to cry<BR>Na na na na na na<BR>Na na na na na<BR>Na na na na na na<BR>Na na na na na<BR> <BR>

#701905 09/05/01 02:30 PM
C
C
Working at a radio station, you come across lots of great songs. Today we started playing a beautiful song that just floored me the first time I really listened to the words.<P>"I'm Movin On" by Rascal Flatts:<P>I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons<BR>Finally content with a past I regret<BR>I've found you find strength in your<BR>Moments of weakness<BR>For once I'm at peace with myself<P>I've been burdened with blame, trapped in<BR>the past for too long...<P>I'm movin' on<P>I've lived in this place and I know<BR>all the faces<BR>Each one is different but they're <BR>always the same<BR>They mean me no harm but its time that <BR>I face it<BR>They'll never allow me to change<P>But I never dreamed home would end up<BR>where I don't belong...<P>I'm movin' on<P>I'm movin' on<BR>At last I can see, life has been patiently<BR>waiting for me<BR>And I know, there's no guarantees, but I'm <BR>not alone<BR>There comes a time in everyone's life<BR>When all you can see are the years<BR>passing by<BR>And I have made up my mind that those days<BR>are gone<P>I sold what I could, and packed what I couldn't<BR>Stopped to fill up on my way out of town<BR>I've loved like I should but I lived<BR>like I shouldn't<BR>I had to lose everything to find out<P>Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere<BR>down this road<P>I'm movin' on<BR>

#701906 09/05/01 02:58 PM
O
O
YOU AINT WOMAN `` Loretta Lynn~<P><BR>youve come to tell me somethin<BR>you think i outa know<P>that he dont love me anymore<BR> and ill havta let him go<P>you say youre gonna take him<BR>but i dont think you can<BR>cause you aint woman enough to take my man<P>women like you theyre a dime a dozen<BR>you can buy them anywhere<BR>for you to get to him<BR>ill have to move off but<BR>im gonna stay right here<P>it'll be over my dead body<BR>so get out while you can <BR>cause you aint woman enough to take my man<P><BR>sometimes a man's out lookin<BR>at things that he dont need<BR>he took a second look at you <BR>but hes in love with me<BR>well i dont know where that leaves you <BR>but i know where i stand<BR>and you aint woman enough to take my man<P>women like you theyre a dime a dozen<BR>you can buy them anywhere<BR>for you to get to him<BR>ill have to move off but<BR>im gonna stay right here<P>it'll be over my dead body<BR>so get out while you can <BR>cause you aint woman enough to take my man<P>no you aint woman enough to take my man<P>

#701907 09/05/01 03:36 PM
I
I
"Fallen" Alicia Keys<P>I keep on fallin'<BR>In and out of love <BR>With you<BR>Sometimes I love you<BR>Sometimes you make me blue<BR>Sometimes I feel good<BR>At times I feel used<BR>Lovin you daring <BR>Makes me so confused<P><BR>I keep on fallin in and out of love with you<BR>I never loved someone the way that I love you<P>Oh, oh I never felt this way <BR>How do you give me so much pleasure<BR>And cause me so much pain<BR>And just when I think I've taken more than what a fool<BR>I start fallin back in love with you<P><BR>

#701908 09/05/01 05:31 PM
N
N
For all of us here, from U2<P>Some Days Are Better Than Others<P>Some days are dry - some days are leaky <BR>Some days come clean - other days are sneaky <BR>Some days take less, but most days take more <BR>Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor <BR>Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy <BR>Some days you use more force than is necessary <BR>Some days just drop in on us <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days - it all adds up <BR>And what you got is enough <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days are slippy - other days sloppy <BR>Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy <BR>Your skin is white but you think you're a brother <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days you wake up with her complaining <BR>Some sunny days you wish it was raining <BR>Some days are sulky - some days have a grin <BR>Some days have bouncers and won't let you in <P>Some days you hear a voice <BR>Taking you to another place <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days are honest - some days are not <BR>Some days you're thankful for what you've got <BR>Some days you wake up in the army <BR>And some days - it's the enemy <P>Some days you work, most days you're lazy <BR>Some days you feel like a bit of a baby <BR>Lookin' for Jesus and His mother <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days - you feel ahead <BR>You're making sense of what she said <BR>Some days are better than others <P>Some days you hear a voice <BR>Taking you to another place <BR>Some days are better than others <P>

#701909 09/05/01 06:22 PM
W
W
On Bended Knee<BR>by Boyz II Men<P>Darlin I cant explain<BR>Where did we lose our way<BR>Girl its drivin me insane<P>And I know I just need one more chance<BR>To prove my love to you<BR>If you come back to me<BR>I'll guarantee<BR>That I'll never let you go<P>Can we go back to the days out loves was strong<BR>Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong<BR>Can somebody tell me how to get things back<BR>The way they used to be<BR>Oh God give me a reason<BR>I'm down on bended knee<BR>I'll never walk again<BR>Until you come back to me<BR>I'm down on bended knee<P>So many nights I dream of you<BR>Holding my pilow tight<BR>I know I dont need to be alone<BR>When I open up my eyes<BR>To face reality<BR>Every moment without you<BR>It seems like eternity<BR>I'm beggin you begging you come back to me<P>Can we go back to the days out loves was strong<BR>Can you tell me how a perfect love goes wrong<BR>Can somebody tell me how to get things back<BR>The way they used to be<BR>Oh God give me a reason<BR>I'm down on bended knee<BR>I'll never walk again<BR>Until you come back to me<BR>I'm down on bended knee<P>

#701910 09/09/01 10:34 PM
D
D
OK, maybe I'm feeling a little cynical tonight...<P>Next Time 'Round - Elvis Costello<P>As I stepped out upon the landing my heart was already down the stairs <BR>She's in the bedroom with that boy of hers <BR>Though her face is creased and her eyes seem strange <P>There's a second-hand emotion on a battered forty-five <BR>My tears were never enough to keep that girl alive <BR>Now she seems contrite will she make the change <P>[chorus]<BR>The next time 'round <BR>The next time 'round <BR>You'll be someone else's baby <BR>But I'll be underground <BR>The next time 'round <P>First it's two steps forward and then one step on your back <BR>Now it's a future and you that I lack <BR>You'll be the one who'll stands out in the dark <BR>Even when you're all dressed in black <P>[chorus]<P>You've got something that I want now <BR>I've got something I can't hide <BR>I've got too much love for you now <BR>You have too much pride <P>Sometimes I name and number all the things you gave to me <BR>Your elastic love, this velvet-lined purgatory <BR>You used to take the breath out of me <BR>Now I think you'll be the death of me <P>[chorus]<BR>

#701911 09/09/01 11:14 PM
M
M
Hey Gang,<P>This used to make me cry, still does but it's for a different reason now. Val [Bunches] is forever gone in my mind. She died March 13, 1999, yeppers D day. I'm doing great. I still like this tune.<P>"When I look into your eyes"<BR>Firehouse<P> <BR>I see forever when I look in your eyes,<BR>What Iv'e ever wanted I always want you to be mine.<BR>Let's make a promise to the end of time,<BR>We will always be together that our love will never die. <BR>So, here we are face to face and heart to heart,<BR>I want you to know we will never be apart,<BR>Now, I believe that wishes can come true,<BR>Cause I see in my whole world, I see only you. <BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I can see how much I love you and it makes me realize,<BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I see all the dreams come true,<BR>when I look into your eyes. <BR>Iv'e looked for you all of my life,<BR>Now that Iv'e found you we will never say goodbye,<BR>You can't stop this feeling and there's nothing I can do,<BR>Cause I've seen everything when I look at you. <BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I can see how much I love you and it makes me realize,<BR>When I look into your eyes,<BR>I see all the dreams come true,<BR>when I look into your eyes. <P>And remember, if it ain't metal, it's crap. Thanks Dee Snyder. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"It's not over till we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H*ll no!" Blutto...Animal House 1984<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#701912 09/20/01 09:07 AM
D
D
I'm having a down day, so I'm posting "Wonderful" by Everclear<P>I close my eyes when I get too sad<BR>I think thoughts that I know are bad<BR>Close my eyes and I count to ten<BR>I hope it's over when I open them<BR>I want the things that I had before<BR>Like a Star Wars poster on my bedroom door<BR>I wish I could count to ten<BR>Make everything be wonderful again<P>I hope my mom and I hope my dad<BR>Will figure out why they get so mad<BR>I hear them scream, I hear them fight<BR>Say bad words that make me wanna cry<BR>Close my eyes when I go to bed<BR>And I dream adventures* that will make me smile<BR>I feel better when I hear them say<BR>Everything will be wonderful someday<P>Promises mean everything when you're little<BR>And the world's so big<BR>I just don't understand how,<BR>You can smile with all those tears in your eyes<BR>Tell me everything is wonderful now<BR>Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now<P>I go to school and I run & play<BR>I tell the kids that it's all ok<BR>I like to laugh so my friends won't know<BR>When the bell rings I just don't wanna go home<BR>Go to my room and I close my eyes<BR>I make believe that I have a new life<BR>I don't believe you when you say<BR>Everything will be wonderful someday<P>Promises mean everything when you're little<BR>And the world is so big<BR>I just don't understand how,<BR>You can smile with all those tears in your eyes<BR>When you tell me everything is wonderful now<BR>I don't wanna hear you tell me everything is wonderful now.<P>I don't wanna hear you say<BR>That I will understand someday - No, no, no, no<BR>I don't wanna hear you say - No, no, no, no<BR>I don't wanna meet your friend<BR>And I don't wanna start over again<BR>I just wanna my life to be the same, <BR>just like it used to be<BR>Some days I hate everything<BR>Some days I hate everything<BR>Ever wanna live with me?<BR>Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now<P>

#701913 09/20/01 09:37 AM
P
P
What about Cher's "I'm strong enough (to live without you)"<BR>for all of us leaving...<P>... and then <BR>Shaggies "It wasn't me" for the WS.

#701914 10/03/01 06:35 AM
N
N
I CANNOT post the lyrics to the song, but it is so well known that I had to share, and I had to go back four pages to do it.....<P>The song?<P>Unchained Melody.<P>My all time crying-jag song, even when I knew nothing.

#701915 10/03/01 08:43 AM
W
W
a song for when you are feeling down and need a pick me up<BR>this always makes me believe in me a little more<P>I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly<P>I used to think that I could not go on<BR>And life was nothing but an awful song<BR>But now I know the meaning of true love<BR>I'm leaning on the everlasting arms<P>If I can see it, then I can do it<BR>If I just believe it, there's nothig to it<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>i believe I can touch the sky<BR>I think about it every night and day<BR>Spread my wings and fly away<BR>I believe I can soar<BR>i see me running thru that open door<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>Oh I believe I can fly<P>See I was on the verge of breaking down<BR>Sometimes the silence can seem so loud<BR>There are miracles in life I must acheive<BR>But first I know it starts inside of me<P>If I can see it, then I can do it<BR>If I just believe it, there's nothig to it<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>i believe I can touch the sky<BR>I think about it every night and day<BR>Spread my wings and fly away<BR>I believe I can soar<BR>I see me running thru that open door<BR>I believe I can fly<BR>Oh I believe I can fly<BR>

#701916 10/03/01 08:46 AM
N
N
Yes, that is a great song...and also our anthem here "I Will Survive"

#701917 10/03/01 01:11 PM
L
L
Don't Think Twice - Bob Dylan<P>It ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe<BR>It don't matter, anyhow<BR>An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe<BR>If you don't know by now<BR>When your rooster crows at the break of dawn<BR>Look out your window and I'll be gone<BR>You're the reason I'm trav'lin' on<BR>Don't think twice, it's all right<P>It ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe<BR>That light I never knowed<BR>An' it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe<BR>I'm on the dark side of the road<BR>Still I wish there was somethin' you would do or say<BR>To try and make me change my mind and stay<BR>We never did too much talkin' anyway<BR>So don't think twice, it's all right<P>It ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal<BR>Like you never did before<BR>It ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal<BR>I can't hear you any more<BR>I'm a-thinkin' and a-wond'rin' all the way down the road<BR>I once loved a woman, a child I'm told<BR>I give her my heart but she wanted my soul<BR>But don't think twice, it's all right<P>I'm walkin' down that long, lonesome road, babe<BR>Where I'm bound, I can't tell<BR>But goodbye's too good a word, gal<BR>So I'll just say fare thee well<BR>I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind<BR>You could have done better but I don't mind<BR>You just kinda wasted my precious time<BR>But don't think twice, it's all right

#701918 10/03/01 01:14 PM
L
L
Tainted Love<BR>Soft Cell<P>Sometimes I feel I've got to<BR>Run away I've got to<BR>Get away<BR>From the pain that you drive into the heart of me<BR>The love we share<BR>Seems to go nowhere<BR>And I've lost my light<BR>For I toss and turn I can't sleep at night<P>(chorus)<BR>Once I ran to you (I ran)<BR>Now I'll run from you<BR>This tainted love you've given<BR>I give you all a boy could give you<BR>Take my tears and that's not nearly all<BR>Oh...tainted love<BR>Tainted love<P>Now I know I've got to<BR>Run away I've got to<BR>Get away<BR>You don't really want IT any more from me<BR>To make things right<BR>You need someone to hold you tight<BR>And you'LL think love is to pray<BR>But I'm sorry I don't pray that way<P>(chorus...)<P>Don't touch me please<BR>I cannot stand the way you tease<BR>I love you though you hurt me so<BR>Now I'm going to pack my things and go<BR>Tainted love, tainted love (x2)<BR>Touch me baby, tainted love (x2)<BR>Tainted love (x3)

#701919 10/03/01 01:17 PM
L
L
You Say You Don't Love Me - Buzzcocks<P>You say you don't love me<BR>Well that's alright with me 'cos I'm in love with you<BR>And I wouldn't want you doing things you don't want to do<BR>Oh you know I've always wanted you to be in love with me<BR>And it took so long to realize the way things have to be<BR>I wanted to live in a dream that couldn't be real<BR>And I'm starting to understand now the way that you feel<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<P>You say you don't love me<BR>Well that's alright with me 'cos I have got the time<BR>To wait in case someday you maybe change your mind<BR>I've decided not to make the same mistakes this time around<BR>As I'm tired of having heartaches I've been thinking and I've found<BR>I don't want to live in a dream I want something real<BR>And I think I understand now the way that you feel<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<P>[Solo]<P>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<P>You say you don't love me<BR>Well that's alright with me I'm not in love with you<BR>I just want us to do the things we both want to do<BR>Though I've got this special feelin' I'd be wrong to call it love<BR>For the word entails a few things that I would be well rid of<BR>I've no need to live in a dream it's finally real<BR>And I hope you now understand this feeling I feel<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't<BR>You say you don't love me<BR>You say you don't love me<BR>You say you don't love me<BR>Mmm

#701920 10/03/01 01:21 PM
L
L
I haven't went and got the lyrics to it yet, but has anyone heard the re-released song by Kenny Chesney - THE TIN MAN...<P>WOW!!! It says a lot....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation