Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#770768 05/13/04 08:20 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Two days ago my W called me at work and said that her IC would like to meet me to see if we were ready for MC. This IC has been against MC, feeling that the timing, so close to Dday, would be a disaster. I believe that she may have a valid point. As it turns out,it's my W who asked if we were ready for MC, telling me that it may be time since we are in two very different places despite being under the same roof.

By the way, the timing of this confuses me. 5 days ago, she told me that she was in love with OM and she refused my request for a "date night", saying she wasn't ready.

Here are my questions/concerns:
1) what is the GOAL of MC???
2) If both parties are not committed to
reconciling the M, isn't MC an exercise in
futility??
3) Is MC a good idea when spouse says she's in
love with OM?
4) Should MC be postponed until W is no longer
infatuated?

A part of me says that W is willing to do this so that she will be able to say that she did "all she could" and then justify moving on. I don't know how a M can be restored through MC if both are not committed. I was hopeful that W would consider MC but it seems like a losing proposition at this point. Is the main purpose of MC to restore the M or it it something else, possible re-establish communication? All of this scares me because I'm afraid that if we "use up this bullet", there may be nothing stopping her from asking for a D. MC may be a way for her to justify her current lack of feelings for me, and loving feelings for OM. Anyone??

N
N
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> 1) what is the GOAL of MC??? </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> MC can have many purposes, not just reconciliation. We went to an MC to work on communication through the divorce - for the sake of the kids. The MC actually told me that X had No communication skills. That certainly explained alot.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">2) If both parties are not committed to
reconciling the M, isn't MC an exercise in
futility??
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> See comments on 1. Also, it can be part of the healing process, whether or not the M recovers.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">3) Is MC a good idea when spouse says she's in
love with OM? </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">4) Should MC be postponed until W is no longer
infatuated?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you want to be right, or to be healthy? The MC can help both of you and help your family through this difficult time. Is your 6 year old taking over and you want to hurt your W by not going to MC?

What are your goals? If you truly want to recover your M, some of the steps are counter to our emotions. Read the concepts on the MB website. Plan A seems to be all about meeting the Wayward spouses needs when your needs aren't being met.

This is where you decide how you will act and you will decide if you want to take the high road for the sake of your marriage, your children and your life. After reading the concepts, it's amazing to see how easy it is for people to "fall into" affairs.

good luck.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (anchorwatch, 1 invisible), 448 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation