Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81887 09/24/99 02:36 PM
F
Francis Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Ours was a brief, long-distance love affair...We met through the internet, via a listserv, sharing many commonalities. We saw each other three times in all -- and each time, our connection strengthened. After about eights months of correspondence, and meetings, he decided to try to make his own marriage work. We tried to remain friends, but that didn't work. I was devastated. I truly believed I had found my "soulmate" -- not just because of our commonalities, but because of a deep and abiding friendship that was allowed to grow and develop. The affair cost us a friendship that had come to mean the world to me! He saw in me potential and life, and qualities that no one had ever taken notice of before. And I miss him terribly. I have been trying to reaffirm my commitment to my husband of 13 years...but he lacks so much compared to my former lover. How will I ever survive this? Will my marriage survive?<P>------------------<BR>Take good care, Francis<BR>

W
W
Francis:<P>Quick Answer: Yes, your marriage will survive, and it can be even better than it was with your fantasy man. I know... I never thought my W could measure up either, but we have both surpassed expectations. It took a lot of work, and the tools are all here on this website. Visit every link, and take Dr Harley’s writings to heart.<P>For more detailed feedback from more folx, you might want to post this on the main “Infidelity” Forum. There’s more traffic there(hence it taking me 4 days to see this).<P>I’d wait a couple days, though... there’s quite a firestorm right now, and a post like this might be taken the wrong way by some of the folx over there, at least until they calm down a bit.<BR>

L
L
I think one of the keys to this is just to resolve to do it and then don't look back. If you keep looking back at what you think might have been, you won't have a clear head or heart for addressing the problems in your current relationship. In addition to that, it's easy to get hooked on someone over the Internet. That's how I met my current SO. For some people, it's much easier to talk to people when you don't have look them in the eye. It may seem like they're baring their souls, but some really aren't. I hope you're able to get things fixed in your current relationship, or at least recogize those things that can't be fixed, and move on eith or without your husband, but certainly without involving (and potentially hurting) a third person. Also, I think that if you're totally honest with yourself, you'll find that your husband isn't really lacking those things, they're just hidden under 13 yrs of marriage.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation