Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#892526 11/03/00 10:12 AM
J
Jeremy Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Just curious as to who the members of this board are voting for for President.

#892527 11/03/00 11:29 AM
S
SKM Offline
S
Hey, I don't mind jumping in on this one. I am a registered Democrat, but I am crossing party lines this election and voting for Bush. Why? For me, when I look at all the issues, and a lot of them are important, but for me, the one issue that has been close to my heart for a number of years is banning partial birth abortions. I admire and respect Bush's stance on that issue, and the fact that he isn't wishy-washy about it.<P>There's a lot of things with Bush's policies that I don't necessarily agree with and I don't know that I'm 100% behind him, but I think I might be able to live with him as President for four years - given his stance on this issue. Really, it's been a close race for me - but that one issue is close to my heart.

#892528 11/03/00 11:31 AM
D
D
GWB

#892529 11/03/00 12:37 PM
C
C
Still "undecided."<P>But not between tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber.<P>I haven't decided which 3rd party candidate I'm going for.<P>Certainly not Buchanan. Certainly not Howard Phillips. No no on Nader.<P>Toss up between Harry Brown and John Hagelin.<P>I know, I'm "wasting" my vote, but I cannot justify voting for the evil of two lessers.

#892530 11/03/00 12:52 PM
P
P
I'm voting Bush. I simply can't stomach the thought of listening to four years of Gore speeches. I have to stifle a yawn just thinking about it.<P>Speaking of the election, I live about 50 miles outside of Tampa. The last time my area got any big news attention was when we had a serial killer about 8 years ago. Well, it turns out that [censored] Cheney, Jeb Bush, and Norman Schwarzkopf had a big rally two miles away from my house on Wednesday. Was it on the news Tuesday night, Wednesday morning, or Wednesday afternoon. Well of course not. I saw a lot of cops out and about and several helicopters hovering around, but had no idea what it was for. Of course by the time I got around to reading the local paper that day it was over, and yes I got to see a recap of it on the 11 pm news. I was beyond irritated.

#892531 11/03/00 12:57 PM
F
F
Bush...although my 1st choice was McCain.<P>Maybe I should be more grateful to Gore, since he did invent the internet [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#892532 11/04/00 01:03 AM
P
P
Definitely Gore. The thought of the Supreme Court we might end up with after 3 Bush appointees scares me silly.

#892533 11/04/00 01:05 AM
P
P
Harry Browne (Libertarian)<BR><p>[This message has been edited by popeye (edited November 03, 2000).]

#892534 11/04/00 01:10 AM
D
D
Well, I'm voting for Gore, because Bush is a grada-A, class 1 moron. I don't care if he surrounds himself with bright guys, I want to know who's running the country, not a bunch of shadowy "eminence grises" from his old man's administration.<P>If you read Gail Sheehy's article about Bush in VANITY FAIR, you'll be terrified to vote for this idiot. But to each his own.<P>And the fact that he's been given a free pass by the media doesn't mean his "character" is any greater than anyone else's. I look for character in my spouse and my friends, not in the President. Politics is by nature a scummy game.<P>And yes, I'm pro-choice, and the Supreme Court composition matters.<P>And by the way, just to set the record straight in regard to the Internet flap:<P>Gore's actual comment, in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer that aired on March 9, 1999, was as follows: "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." <P>And this is an accurate statement, albeit badly worded. The Internet as a tool of the Department of Defense had been around since 1971. What Gore recognized was the potential positive impact of the Internet on Americans in day-to-day life, and was instrumental in enacting legislation that allowed it to happen. <P>Certainly Gore's wording is poor, and indeed, he does say some things that make me scratch my head and say, "Huh?"<P>And as far as the "Buddhist Temple" flap is concerned, ask yourselves this: If it were a fundraiser under the guise of a church supper at a Baptist church instead of a Buddhist temple, would you think of it differently?<P>I'm not telling anyone to vote for Gore if you don't want to. Hell, <B>I</B> don't want to. But Bush is horrible on the environment, horrible on choice, and completely ignorant about foreign affairs. A man who refers to the head of state in North Korea as "Kim Jong the Second" (it's Kim Jong Il, folks) has no business being President.<P>This is a man who ran for governor of Texas because Bud Selig didn't think he was good enough to be baseball commissioner.

#892535 11/04/00 01:10 AM
W
W
I'm voting for SKM.<P>WAT

#892536 11/04/00 01:36 AM
D
D
Well, I'd vote for Nader, but my state is having a close race between Gore (my 2d choice) and Bush (distant 3d), so I'm voting for Gore.

#892537 11/04/00 01:42 AM
S
S
I agree with Dazed and Confused, who is anything but on this issue. Bush doesn't understand the issues well enough himself. His plan for the surplus leaves a big gap that he doesn't explain how to fill, once we figure in getting rid of the estate tax and privatizing social security. I just don't think he's qualified.<P>I'll be voting for Gore. He has a good grasp on some very complicated issues.

#892538 11/04/00 01:48 AM
M
M
Gore. Here's a quote from this morning's paper. I agree. The burden of a Bush win would fall on the most vulnerable segments of our society.<P>Former chief U.S. District Judge Miles Lord, on why he is voting for Gore:<P>"I have to remind myself how hard it was to make the gains we have made in caring for our environment, assuring human and civil rights, taking care of our elderly and our children, and generally making us a more compassionate society. I don't want to give those gains up."

#892539 11/03/00 02:15 PM
C
C
Gore, Gore, Gore.<P>Bush is so whiny and I really don't get what he wants to do with Social Security - scary !!<P>I can't say President Bush for another four years of my life - eeeek!<P>The more I read about Bush -the more freaked out I get.<BR>

#892540 11/03/00 03:07 PM
A
A
Okay - so I'm Canadian - but we're in election mode now too! Chretien has bungled too much, Clark is an idiot, Day is just plain scary - so it's Alexa and the NDP!!<BR>

#892541 11/03/00 03:35 PM
C
C
I would love to see Harry Browne as president as a Jeffersonian Libertarian, however, since that won't happen, I am voting for Bush. I like the George. He has strong character, integrity and ethics.<P>Gore scares me. <P>It wasn't long ago that Democrats were reminding us that to impeach Clinton we would get Gore by default as kind of a warning to back off Clinton. Everyone would look at each other horrified and prayed that Clinton would successfully escape impeachment just to keep Gore out of office.<P>Having said that, I do like Leiberman very much, but I really like [censored] Cheney. And here in Minnesota I have the utmost respect for Paul Wellstone because though our politics are not the same, he passionately means what he says.<P>In the late 60's I was a Democrat and campaigned for Humphrey...but things were different then...the party was so true and dedicated then. It isn't the same, the party has changed and sadly, to me, not for the better. It has been corrupted somehow and tainted and I hate how Hollywood and the press are so tunnel visioned to that point of view. It's like a herd of sheep not being able to make determinations for themselves and thinking they have to follow a specific mind set.<P>I am looking forward to not being held hostage by the mid-east for our oil, looking forward to having more of my money to determine what I want to do with it and looking forward to having less intrusive government mandate complicated laws that confuse my life and and make me feel like I live in Nazi Germany. I desperately want freedom and dignity and I do not beleive I will find that with Gore. He's OK but not qualified to run our country, IMO, because he wants to be King instead of our servant. And frankly, I am not interested in Gore's vision of what HE wants...I am only interested in what the majority wants. And I want more conservative thinkers on the Supreme Court to balance the liberal judges.<P>Catnip =^^=

#892542 11/03/00 03:37 PM
D
D
Bush! He takes responsibility for his actions. Gore is a machine of Washington raised in a Washington hotel. Theres no there there with him in my opinion. He also seems willing to say whatever will get him elected. I watched all 3 debates. I saw the same Bush every time and a different Gore every time. What does that tell you?

#892543 11/03/00 05:16 PM
W
W
I have a friend that is a Profeesor of Political Science at a major accredited university. I asked his views on this topic. He told me <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If you are 20 and not liberal you have no heart. If you are 40 and are not conservative you have no brain<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>We have thrived in the past 8 years in spite of Clinton/Gore. Had they gotten their wish, Engler and Marx would be jumping for joy in their God-less graves.<P>I am 32 years old and am sick of gov't intrusion in my life. If you want big brother to hold your hand then vote liberal. If the Libertarians had a snowballs chance in hell I'd vote for them. Since they don't...Bush is the viable option.<P>I don't buy the slanted medias skewed liberal view of politics. They are so disingenuous I want to vomit!!<P>Bill<P>------------------<P><BR>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.<p>[This message has been edited by WilliamJ (edited November 03, 2000).]

#892544 11/03/00 05:22 PM
J
J
I decided to vote for the man with a pulse.<P>Go GW !

#892545 11/03/00 05:23 PM
T
TMD Offline
T
If I thought Nader had a chance but will vote for Gore.<P>Bush is very scary. Even more clueless than his father was. Not to mention what he would do to the Supreme Court.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation