Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
OP Offline
C
One of my favorites is: <p>"You should have KNOWN I was lying!"<p>It's not the lying that's the problem--it's that I BELIEVED the lies that's the problem. But then I'm SUPPOSED to believe what he says now. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]

B
B
Well...2 weeks after my H moved out, I discovered I was pregnant.<p>He was IN the bathroom with me when I took the urine test. <p>Several weeks later, he told me that I was faking my pregnancy. When I asked him HOW that was possible when he was THERE when I took the test...he told me that I must have stolen/borrowed urine from my pregnant SIL and used sleight of hand to pour it on the tester while he was watching me.<p>Hmmph. I took him to the OBs office to hear the baby's heartbeat.

S
S
Amazing how the WS logic works, isn't it? <p>" You were at home asleep anyway..."<p>" You should have known I was depressed..."<p>" You're a fair-weather wife... " (before d-day)<p>" You're damaged goods, Snow... " (???) <p>I add that last one to the ridiculous list rather than 'sad' or 'hurtful' because it's just too twisted to be understood. Or taken seriously. <p>Snow<p>[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: Snowwhite ]</p>

J
J
I know I've quoted this one before, but it floors me every time I think of it...<p>"If I leave and hate it, can I come back in 6 months?"

O
O
WS response when questioned as to why he sent a s3xual e-mail to the OW when he is suppose to be in recovery:<p>WS: Oh, I didn't mean it. I said it to her just to patronize her. She likes to hear that kind of stuff. <p>BS: Patronize the OW? <p>WS: Yes, but I don't patronize U. Because I care for you. I don't tell you I love U because I don't want to patronize you. I am honest with U. <p>Now, howz that for babble?!?!? <p> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>L.<p>[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: Orchid ]<p>[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: Orchid ]</p>

C
C
My favorite from my ex wife, that I've posted many times before,<p>"There was nothing in our wedding vows that said I had to stay with your forever"<p>hello, hello, hello......is there anybody in there?

B
B
Me: "What was it that made you fall in love with OM?"<p>WS: "Mostly it was his sense of ethics and moral integrity."

M
M
Here are a few good ones from my H.<p>I want to go out on dates with you.
(when he was practically living w/OW)<p>If we get a divorce...it doesn't mean we can't get remarried.<p>Once after he had left he called our house at about 11 p.m......he let it ring 1 1/2 times. I tried to call him back to see what he wanted in case there was an emergency and realized he'd called me when he was trying to call the OW since the phone was busy for the next 2 hours.
(his explanation....I was calling to check on the girls........he'd just talked to them 2 hours earlier)<p>He once said that he knew he would regret everything that he was doing and that he would wake up one day and it would all hit him in the face....but he was having too much fun to stop doing it.
(fun at his familes expense)<p>Now that I think back on this I think the most rediculous thing my H ever said during this whole thing was..............You're not worth staying for.
(he said this in front of our then 10 yr old daughter)<p>I realize now what an impact that had on our daughter. She assumed that since he said that I wasn't worth staying for that she obviously wasn't either. How sad.
I also realize that he had it wrong at the time.....it wasn't me that wasn't worth staying for....it was that the person that he was at the time wasn't worth fighting for.

J
J
There were many....among them...<p>For the first 2 months after D-Day I heard a lot:
"You're making way too much out of this - it was no big deal."<p>In one conversation we went from "it was just about sex....it really had nothing to do with the sex....the sex itself really wasn't that great...it wasn't emotional, it was just sexual..." He had a hard time making up his mind!<p>And my favorite about a year after D-Day:
"T (his best friend) had an affair, his wife got over it in 6 months and their marriage was back to normal -- I don't understand why you can't let this go."<p>JJ

R
R
One of my favorites "Why can't OM and me still be friends, we were friends before we became lovers, and I still love him now, so why can't I still be his friend?"

O
O
Oh, I could go on for pages (as those of you who have read my replies already know), but I won't. <p>Here's the all-time 'winner', said minutes after I found him on my cell phone talking to FOW, on d-day #2: "I have never loved you, and I am now completely cold to you!" Half an hour later, after H has agreed to end the A (again) and not resume it ever, he reaches for my hand and says "OneDay, I love you." I respond with "Excuse me? Could you please repeat what you just said?" He replies "I love you." When I ask about what he said a mere 30 minutes earlier, H says "I never said that. I have always loved you and I have never, for a minute, stopped loving you."<p>I will add that it was not the only time during the whole post d-day nightmare that H has said he never loved me or that he was cold to me or that he did not care for me or about me. But, he apparently loves me with all his heart and always has and I am an angel sent to him by God, if you believe what he says today. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ March 01, 2002: Message edited by: OneDay ]</p>

F
F
ok, I can top all of these...it isn't mine (my friend's H said it to her) but here goes:<p>"I was thinking about you...I wore a condom."<p>Wasn't that considerate?

F
F
Hi there,<p> The most ridiculous thing my WH told me during his full-blown fog was that" You are only with me for my money". (he's a doc) When I pointed out to him that we had been married since he started med school, and neither of us had a dime back then and for a long time after that, how did he figure that? He then said "Well, you knew I had prospects and knew I was ambitious and hardworking". This coming from a man who had already gone through rehab before and I still stayed with him! <p> I replied that"I couldn't have known back then if you were going to be dead from drug abuse or be killed by some dealer! So even so I somehow knew you would someday make money?" (Wow, I should set up my fortune-tellers booth right now!)<p>It just made me so mad, because I WASN"T the one who appeared in his life just when he was making the most in his whole life, that being his 24 yr. old honey! Just how did he account for that? Oh, yeah, well that was "true love". What a load of cr*p!<p>At least he's out of the fog now and realizing that yep, here I am still, even after he is having trouble with his employer and possibly his license, too. He realizes know who truly loves him, for better or worse.

F
F
Hi there,<p> The most ridiculous thing my WH told me during his full-blown fog was that" You are only with me for my money". (he's a doc) When I pointed out to him that we had been married since he started med school, and neither of us had a dime back then and for a long time after that, how did he figure that? He then said "Well, you knew I had prospects and knew I was ambitious and hardworking". This coming from a man who had already gone through rehab before and I still stayed with him! <p> I replied that"I couldn't have known back then if you were going to be dead from drug abuse or be killed by some dealer! So even so I somehow knew you would someday make money?" (Wow, I should set up my fortune-tellers booth right now!)<p>It just made me so mad, because I WASN"T the one who appeared in his life just when he was making the most in his whole life, that being his 24 yr. old honey! Just how did he account for that? Oh, yeah, well that was "true love". What a load of cr*p!<p>At least he's out of the fog now and realizing that yep, here I am still, even after he is having trouble with his employer and possibly his license, too. He realizes know who truly loves him, for better or worse.

L
L
I'll add a few from our house--<p>Right after discovery- BS: How could you do this to me??? WS: I felt that our marriage was over in my head. I know you'll never forgive me so I'll be leaving you to be with OW. <p>To our pastor 3 days later: Pastor to WS: God wants us to work on our marriages. WS: I know what I SHOULD do but I just dont WANT to do it.<p>During withdrawal phase from OW when he moved back home but wouldnt touch me- BS: why wont you hug or kiss me or show me any affection? WS: Because I'm waiting to see if my feelings for you come back to me.

S
S
OK, I'll jump in here:<p>WS (after learning that I tape recorded her phone conversations with OM): "I knew you were taping me and I told him I was in love with him to hurt you."<p>WS (when asked why she didn't look for the tape recorder): "I looked for it. I looked in the basement and in the spare bedroom. I couldn't find it." It was in the spare bedroom, hooked up to the only phone in the room. It couldn't have benn missed. <p>WS (regarding the affect of D on our daughter):
"She'll be happy as long as we're both happy." Sure, tearing her family apart and taking her from the only home she has known won't affect her.<p>WS (on why she should get custody: "..because I'm her mother...that's the way it works." <p>WS (after having detailed billing removed from her cell phone bill): "I haven't talked to OM for months."
BS: "I wish you could reassure me of that. Why don't you get detailed copies of your cell phone bill for the last 3 months?"
WS: "I can call Verizon and heve them reinstate detailed billing."
BS: "That's not what I asked." It would have been a perfect chance for her to prove she wasn't lying and to shut me up.<p>sad dad

B
B
Here's one. WS "We haven't been married for years"! Huh? We were only married five years! Had two kids, bought a house in the process. What does that mean? You are either married or you aren't. I guess my ex just had to tell himself he wasn't REALLY married! I'll never understand that one. [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img]

L
L
"It only happened three times."

L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by be_positive:
<strong>Me: "What was it that made you fall in love with OM?"<p>WS: "Mostly it was his sense of ethics and moral integrity."</strong><hr></blockquote><p>ROFLMAO!!!!!

J
J
Oh, I forgot one!<p>After informing my WS that I was going for STD tests he said something to the affect of that I was paranoid, that I had nothing to worry about
(OW had been married to her H for a long time and he knew her), and it's not like we live in the city where STD's are common.<p>This was really funny because he works part-time in the medical field and we've previous raised one teenager who got lectured by him about STD's and using protection (which of course he didn't).
And turns out he didn't know the OW so well...after investigating the OW I found out from very reliable sources that this was not her first or last affair. <p>How can people be so dumb!! (BTW...thank God all tests came back negative!)<p>JJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation