Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
T
Another thing WS told me - 'I've told the other woman things that I never told you'.<p>These WS think they are the greatest, with their lies and their distancing.

L
L
Counselor asked my H what was so appealing to him about OW? He said,"Well, she kept her desk at work so organized and her condo so tidy."
lifeismessy ( mom to 3 great but messy kids, a huge new house, hamster and a bird)

F
F
Gosh there are so many, let's see:<p> (During initial denial of the affair)"I'm only nice to her because I feel sorry for her. She's not particularly attractive, she has fat arms and is as dumb as a rock."<p> (Immediately after I voiced suspicion of the affair the cell phone bill stopped coming to the house). "They just changed the rules at work that they won't reimburse us for work related cell phone calls if the bill doesn't have our work address on it." <p> "I don't love you anymore, but I will always love you and you will always be my best friend." Huh what?<p> "You can't say that I abandoned you when you were pregnant because you didn't find out for sure until the day after I left."<p> "You have it easier than me because at least you have friends. I have to go to a job that I hate and go home to an empty apartment in a gross neighborhood all alone every night." In reality he was LIVING WITH the OW, but she did live in a gross neighborhood. <p> "We can get a quick annulment, I'll keep the house and you can get an apartment. I'll pay your rent for afew months until you get on your feet." ROFL! The lawyer I talked to thought that was hilarious.

J
J
Here is my favorite, after she moved in with OM, she Said, " I am not going to do anything with Him ubtil after the D, It would be right if I did"

A
A
These are great! It is so stress relieving to have a nice laugh!<p>The famous one: "I am not IN love with you. I just love you like a sister."<p>After xh moved out and one month later was dating ow: "You need to move on with your life and find someone for you, we aren't really married anymore. At least I don't feel married."<p>Xh replying to a statement I added to the D papers: "If the children stay the night, (OW) can't stay over? I don't plan on marrying ever again, if (OW) moves in, what I am supposed to do? Tell her to find a hotel?" Me: Uh, yep!<p>Xh: "Once we get settled down and find new people to be with we can get together and have cook-outs and be like a family." Me: What?!?!?!? (By the way, we were still married when this one came up)<p>Xh called me about a month after he walked out: "Me and (OW) are going to start dating. I just wanted to let you know because I wanted to know how you feel about it." Me: What?!?!?!?<p>Those are just a few.<p>Kathy

F
F A Offline
F
Here is one from the OM............<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>
Everytime we were done, all we talked about was you<hr></blockquote><p>Gee Thanks [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ March 05, 2002: Message edited by: F A ]</p>

D
D
How about this: my estranged W came over while my mom was visiting. My mom was as polite and gracious as could be. Later, W said that was nice of my mom, since W thought mom "just hated my guts." I said, no she doesn't hate your guts, she doesn't understand why you're doing this; neither do I. <p>She said: "What's to understand? I want to live. I don't want to die." And then ran out of the house as fast as she could, while I paced around for an hour, almost shouting "I'm killing you?"

W
W
OK, one more from me.<p>WS: I've only lied to you once.<p>I swear I am not making this up. This was after about 10 months of denying that she was having an affair. The scary part is that I think she actually believed this statement.<p>Oh yea - I almost forgot this one. Some of you may recall that in June 2001 I organized a small MB get together here in the DC area. Several of us met for dinner on successive evenings. I brought my (then) 12 year old son on the first evening because we were meeting at Dave & Buster's, one of his favorite places. Afterwards, my wife found out I had taken him.<p>WS: I can't believe you'd take <son> to meet a bumch of strangers from an "internet chat room." Don't you know what kind of harm could have come from that?<p>Me: Hmmm, could it have been as bad for him as the breakup of his family?<p>WAT<p>[ March 05, 2002: Message edited by: worthatry ]</p>

K
K
Wow, this is hard... there were SO many ridiculous things she said... how about...<p>WS: "Any fool with half a brain would've known our marriage was over 3 months ago"<p>Me: "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said you wanted to work things out... that YOU wanted to find a way. Gosh I'm stupid."<p>
WS: "You're too good for me, I don't deserve you."<p>Me: "Oh, because I was so good to you, I deserved to be lied to, cheated on, life destroyed... thanks!"<p>
WS: "You have nothing to worry about... he's ugly."<p>Me: "He sure is(and a major redneck)!"<p>
WS: "He told me I was pretty."<p>Me: "Well of course he did... let's see, you lost 60 pounds(due do drugs/depression), you dyed your hair blond, you started wearing makeup... and besides that you are pretty! I've told you that everyday I've known you... even when you were 200lbs, didn't wear make up and your hair was natural color."<p>darn it... I may need to stop coming here... too many triggers.

N
N
I LOVE this thread.<p>After H found out how unhappy I was before D-Day-<p>H - I thought you were happy with how things were. (Not that I knew how they REALLY were)<p>Me - What about all those times I cried and told you how unhappy I was and how I felt like there was something wrong between us?<p>H - I thought you had a bad day.<p>Huh ?!?!?

N
N
My STBX's most recent stupid thing to say was on the settlement papers.........he said we had separated October 2000, instead of July 2001. This is allegedly before he even HAD an OW. Guess he left me within his own mind...it is a stupid thing to say because of course I can prove he left in July 2001....he just wants an early divorce, and we have to be separated for a year before filing here.<p>This one is classic: <p>Me: OW wants to immigrate to Australia...you do realise she is after an easy passport, being with you?<p>Him: I know [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>and this....<p>Me: She is an NLP expert (a form of brainwashing)...do you know about it?<p>Him: Oh yes, I know EXACTLY what it is (according to the gospel of OW no doubt...)<p>Me: I suggest you look it up on the net under brainwashing, and also fringe cults.<p>Him: Blank stare<p>I am done with him.<p>And I am sorry, maybe where I am right now has something to do with this, but I can't find anything funny about most of these statements [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love and light,<p>Jacky

K
K
OMG! I totally forgot about this one.. my personal favorite...<p>WS: "One day you'll thank me for this."<p>Ironic thing about that now... she's now thanking me for taking her back [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

R
R
I forgot about this one too.<p>This was during the Affair Excuse "I'm doing this for you" phase:<p>**************************************************
H: Remember when I took you snow skiing and you were afraid to go down that BIG hill for the first time.<p>Me: Yeah ... ?<p>H: Remember how I had to throw a bunch of snowballs at you to get you off your butt, but then you did and stood up and started down the hill and started screaming happily "I'm Skiing, I'm Skiing!"<p>Me: Yeah ... ?<p>H: Well???? That's what I'm doing NOW! ... trying not to hold you back. I'm doing "it" for YOU!<p>Me: <WTF~Ever> ..... Sheeeesh [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img]
**************************************************<p>[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: Resilient ]</p>

H
H
I'm a little late coming to this one, but one thing my wife said on D-Day always sticks in my mind...<p>Me: If you were feeling so guilty, why did you go back to him over and over again?<p>Her: I didn't want him to think I was the type of girl that just does it one time and then that's it. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>
Hello??? I think he wouldn't think that...since you're...MARRIED!!!!!

S
S
Oh dear, I forgot one of the biggest things he said to me. He told me that he would tell the ow wench what my likes and dislikes were, sexually. And what certain unmentionable parts of my body looked like. Want to know why he told her such things that should be kept only between a husband and a wife? ....<p>Drum roll please....<p>He told her because he thought it would turn her on?!?!?!?!?<p>Ugh!
Scarlet [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img]

G
G
This is a twist on this thread as it's coming from the MOM of OW(me).
I was told this by a friend. Daughters MM is a Mormon Bishop. They must know about A, because he was called in to talk to the Stake Pres. MM told them that he meet Daughter on line(true) and was mimistering to her(false). He had never met her(false). She was just a needy girl(somewhat true) who fell inlove with him(true) and he could not get rid or her(true and false, he persued her). It's over(false). <p>My daughter said about his wife."she's a piece of work and she just does not trust him at all"
My responses, DUH!!!!!!<p>Now this was about 1 1/2 years ago and it's going stronger that ever. Do you think that they would check(no). Do they WANT to know(no). <p>So why don't I tell daughter about this? She would just go to him and he would just say that I'm lying. So much for the family crap the LDS puts out on TV. It's ruined MY family! <p>He made sure she was NOT LDS. She didn't know he was LDS for a long time. He was NOT talking to her about the church. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>[ March 09, 2002: Message edited by: gottruth? ]<p>[ March 09, 2002: Message edited by: gottruth? ]</p>

F
F
I think this is great!<p>My H told me that the OW had nothing to do with why he left.....when I saw his corporate credit card bill....he had made plane reservations for that day to go see her.
He asked if the boys could start visiting him at his "new place"...the OW's new house (she moved here).....I told him that was probably the supidest(SP??) question that he has asked me in 22 yrs! He also only had them at his apartment....(without OW)....3 times in 5 months.
He said he has a "laundry list"....one of the things on the list.....I didn't like to go to the same restaurants as him......are we grasping for any kind of excuse or what???
There are probably more...I just kind of stopped thinking about them.
MAX

N
N
I'm not around much anymore, and I'm married to someone else now... but... I'll tell ya... my ex said something that I still can't believe:<p>"We prayed before we did it"<p>He's a Christian (not up to me to judge his heart... but uh... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] ) and so were 3 of the 5 women he flinged with. Sheesh!

T
T
Something a MM said to me recently....who is having trouble in his own marriage..and knows I'm getting divorced...<p>He came over the other night..like at 1:30 in the morning....he said.."I was hoping to find you at a vunerable moment so that you would just hold me and kiss me" <p>I told the man go home to his wife..and talk to her..

S
S
tr, are constantly amazed at the things people do... I never get used to it, but I should....what are they thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation