Marriage Builders
Posted By: markos Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 03:00 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Craig-Isabella-Calthorpe-came-close.html

Though it has been over eight years since any of the dated him, it appears that he has sustained a relationship with nearly all of them.

Sigh. frown

Please, God, let the sons learn from the mistakes of their fathers:

But her friendship with the Prince endured, and Camilla became a constant in his life even after his 1981 wedding to Lady Diana Spencer

http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/the-duchess-of-cornwall/
Posted By: reading Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 03:11 PM
Hopefully that's the end of the friendships.
I had an ex (and his gf of the time) at my wedding and never saw him again.
Posted By: schoolbus Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 03:30 PM
My oldest daughter and her husband had exes at their wedding. Not a problem.

My youngest daughter and her husband had exes at their wedding. In fact, the man officiating was an ex of my daughter, and is a very good friend of her now-husband. They have known each other for years, and the three of them have extraordinary respect for the marriage. The man officiating has long standing respect from me.

I have wondered for a very long time if this is something that the generation now being married has been changing over time. For me, when I broke up with a boyfriend, that was it.

For my daughters, they have NEVER had a boyfriend who did not remain friends with them, and with us, since the time they started dating. When I look at their FB accounts, I seen numerous old boyfriends. It would strike me as very strange - for them - to not have those names there.

These were not "affair partners". These were relationships that were dating relationships - and ended of their own accord for any number of reasons, before the relationship that led to marriage occurred. The attitude they have is that when you date someone, you are working to find a suitable marriage and life-long partner. If that dating situation doesn't work out, it does not necessarily mean that the person you dated is "bad" or "socially unacceptable". It means only that the two of you were not mutually compatible for marriage or a long-term relationship.

This may be a change we are seeing in society. For my daughters, it has worked for many, many years. There has never been an issue. Both they and their husbands say that it is acceptable to them, and in asking most of their friends (not necessarily the exes), they also say that this is commonly practiced in their social lives.

Just my observations of the newest generation. Perhaps we will see the fallout later. For now, it appears to be the status quo.

SB
Posted By: EverAfter2010 Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 05:39 PM
I think having friendships where there is one on one contact with former lovers/ or boyfriend/girlfriend when you are married IS A recipe for disaster (a la Camzilla, duchess of c*rnhole, the awful affairage wifey of Prince Charles). That one definitely conspired against Diana to ruin her marriage and to work her way into the castle.

Personally, I didn't invite an ex to my wedding reception last year. Not my xh (whom I despise) or an old bf or anything. I think it would be insulting to be invited to a wedding of a former bf. It would be odd. Not sure why I would want to attend or why they'd want me there really?

You have to think at some point during the wedding, that somebody would ask you something uncomfortable like "did you think it would be YOU instead up there?" or "I bet this must be painful for you knowing you dated the bride/groom x years".

Imho, unneeded. No reason for it. Just bringing drama into something holy and beautiful.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 05:41 PM
Why do y'all even keep up with the relationships of famous people?
Posted By: Mulan Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower
Why do y'all even keep up with the relationships of famous people?

One reason is because they play out in a larger-than-life fashion the same stuff that the "little people" go through. We want to see how they handle it and what the consequences are. We like seeing that even the hugely rich and famous cannot get away with destroying their families, any more than the Poor and Nameless can do so.

They also provide a common frame of reference for the rest of us. If anyone wants to know what happened to my marriage, all I have to say is "It was like trying to be married to Tiger Woods" and they understand exactly what I mean.
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by peachyisback
Personally, I didn't invite an ex to my wedding reception last year. Not my xh (whom I despise) or an old bf or anything. I think it would be insulting to be invited to a wedding of a former bf. It would be odd. Not sure why I would want to attend or why they'd want me there really?

I get it. I really do.

However, I have been to a wedding or two, where an ex-spouse helped to set up decorations, gave a toast at the reception, etc.

Problem is, I don't think this picture of some happy coexistence after divorce is a good thing for marriage, and at the same time, I can't accept being full bile and venom as a healthy thing to carry forward in a family.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 06:50 PM
Mulan, I still don't understand. They're rich; they're famous; they bleed red like the rest of us.

I can careless what my neighbor is doing let alone some guy whom has 'Prince' as a title doing whatever.

I don't care that Brad Pitt is sleeping with 9000 women and prob giving all of them a STD and ruining a marriage if he's married at the time. Or if Mel Gibson is cursing out other races because they're black, Jewish, Mexican, white, Hondurian, etc.

I'm sorry. I just aggrivated that sometimes my favorite TV shows are canceled because some queen or prince on the other side of the world is doing something that I can careless about but some people do and so they put it on TV or tabloid.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
I get it. I really do.

However, I have been to a wedding or two, where an ex-spouse helped to set up decorations, gave a toast at the reception, etc.

Problem is, I don't think this picture of some happy coexistence after divorce is a good thing for marriage, and at the same time, I can't accept being full bile and venom as a healthy thing to carry forward in a family.

But there can be happy coexistence after divorce. My exwife and i get along awesomely now that we're divorced. And my daughters are much better off that we get along. Granted she sure didn't come to my wedding but we get along just fine.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 07:12 PM

Yikes - that sounds like one of those Fantasy Divorce situations, and if anyone is interested there's an MB thread about it here:

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2279757&page=1

Posted By: Mulan Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 07:15 PM

It doesn't have to be one or the other - not sure why people think it does. All you have to do is Leave It Alone. An ex is not your friend, but if you stay the *bleep* out of their lives they will not become your enemy, either. It isn't being "vindictive" or "hateful" to have No Contact with an ex - *especially* if they cheated on you and wrecked the family. It's just common sense, or should be.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 07:19 PM
Mulan, I still don't understand. They're rich; they're famous; they bleed red like the rest of us.

I can careless what my neighbor is doing let alone some guy whom has 'Prince' as a title doing whatever.

I don't care that Brad Pitt is sleeping with 9000 women and prob giving all of them a STD and ruining a marriage if he's married at the time. Or if Mel Gibson is cursing out other races because they're black, Jewish, Mexican, white, Hondurian, etc.

Rightly or wrongly, the most wealthy and successful among us serve as role models for the rest. If they are doing stupid and destructive things, they deserve to be called out for it for exactly that reason. And that's why we're so interested in what they do, because on some level we all want their success in gaining money and resources.

I'm sorry. I just aggrivated that sometimes my favorite TV shows are canceled because some queen or prince on the other side of the world is doing something that I can careless about but some people do and so they put it on TV or tabloid.

See above. Sometimes, it's just nice to see a happy and positive event take over the news instead of death and destruction and tragedy. YMMV.

P.S. Try YouTube or the IMDB to get on-line replays of most TV shows.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mulan
Rightly or wrongly, the most wealthy and successful among us serve as role models for the rest. If they are doing stupid and destructive things, they deserve to be called out for it for exactly that reason. And that's why we're so interested in what they do, because on some level we all want their success in gaining money and resources.

We'd all like to be rich and loved, but who says they serve as role models? Typically the richest among us are the worst role models.
Posted By: Mulan Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 08:42 PM
We'd all like to be rich and loved, but who says they serve as role models? Typically the richest among us are the worst role models.

Well, that's why I said, "rightly or wrongly." You asked why people care about what the rich and famous do, and that's why. I understand that it can be perceived as stupid and shallow to pay attention to what strangers do, but it is human nature to watch the alpha males and alpha females among us very closely. And that's what royalty and celebrity are - the social alphas who get the most in money, resources and mates.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:10 PM
ok, I am not getting what is wrong with discussing celebrities and their various and sundry situations? They have chosen to put themselves out there in the public for a reason. What is the problem with discussing it?
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
ok, I am not getting what is wrong with discussing celebrities and their various and sundry situations? They have chosen to put themselves out there in the public for a reason. What is the problem with discussing it?

Because they disrupt my TV programming. Gah! And rather than them putting in the paper an article about how awesome I am, they have some celebrity getting married in the paper.

Priorities, Melody.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:18 PM

I agree!

KT, I suppose we could turn this around on you and ask why you aren't interested -- except, well, you must surely be interested or you wouldn't have bothered to click on a thread entitled "Prince William's exes" -- Or is it that you are just interested in scolding others for being interested in something you find uninteresting?

Mrs. W
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:20 PM

Well, that's why I said, "rightly or wrongly." You asked why people care about what the rich and famous do, and that's why. I understand that it can be perceived as stupid and shallow to pay attention to what strangers do, but it is human nature to watch the alpha males and alpha females among us very closely. And that's what royalty and celebrity are - the social alphas who get the most in money, resources and mates.

Can't disagree with you here - even more so since you have lived it.
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:31 PM
I think sometimes as our world gets tinier and tinier, it also becomes skewed. My DH went to college at the same time as the now wife of someone I dated seriously in college (she is a bit older than him). DH is friends with her on FB (along with a bunch of other college friends - and no, they never dated). Once her profile picture had her and her DH in it. For about two seconds I thought "Should I ask him to defriend her since her husband's pic is there and I dated him in 1990?"

Then I thought....how stupid and sad is that? No! Who cares??? He is still friends with her, and I had no deep desire to go shack up with K just from seeing them smiling hand in hand.

Sometimes a picture of those churches who take modesty to such an extreme that skirts go to the ankles and hair goes to the waist flit through my mind.....
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
I agree!

KT, I suppose we could turn this around on you and ask why you aren't interested -- except, well, you must surely be interested or you wouldn't have bothered to click on a thread entitled "Prince William's exes" -- Or is it that you are just interested in scolding others for being interested in something you find uninteresting?

Mrs. W

Wait wait. This thread isn't about me. I will not be caught off guard with your reverse psychology or your other womanly voodoo.
Posted By: KaylaAndy Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:42 PM
One of the articles I read just after the engagement was how the tabloids had hounded Cate for dirt on William after they broke up a long time ago; and she ignored them and shut them out.

These other gals are dishing the dirt - most of it likely fiction. I've actually been quite impressed with how William carries himself. I doubt that any of these women talking to the tabloids are considered friends.

Edit to add - "Prince" Charles was never a real prince of a guy. When I was a teenager there was always some sort of scandal around him and he was quite an embarrassment to his mother more often than I can recall. Diana was the first "positive" news surrounding Charles in his entire sorry life up to that point. I wasn't surprised to find the scandals coming back on him again. He never was a good guy.

William on the other hand, has been about service to his country and for the most part a well-behaved young man, especially for royalty.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:44 PM
I have high hopes for these two if they're behaving so well now. Shutting out the press, and such, keeping their lives as private as possible.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:49 PM
I agree!

Mrs. W

Wait wait. This thread isn't about me. I will not be caught off guard with your reverse psychology or your other womanly voodoo.

Excuse me? Did you just refer to me as an OW, KT? FWIW, I have never been an OW.

As for the rest of it, your posts have called upon people to defend their interests in something they find interesting. Why is it unfair that you be put in that same position?

Mrs. W
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 09:58 PM

Excuse me? Did you just refer to me as an OW, KT? FWIW, I have never been an OW.

Nope. I'm not sure where you got that from. It was totally a joke about how you called me out for calling other people out. Womanly voodoo=being crafty.

Eh, nevermind.

As for the rest of it, your posts have called upon people to defend their interests in something they find interesting. Why is it unfair that you be put in that same position?

Mrs. W

Nobody has to defend anything. It's really not that big of a deal.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 10:20 PM
KT...

Why do you read and post on marriage boards and keep up with the stories within? Because you find that an interesting thing to do, yes? I'm sure there are other people who do not find it interesting, but would it be any fun for them to point a finger at you and tell you that they just don't see WHY on earth you would find that to be a valuable way to spend your time -- the implication being that they are right and you are wrong. [here's where you come back and tell me that you wouldn't care -- spare me that please] Perhaps that is not how you intended to come across on this thread, but to me at least, it IS how your posts sounded -- As though you were trying to talk others out of being interested in what they are interested in because you find it frivolous. It sounded insulting -- and snobby, to boot. Something for you to consider perhaps.

Mrs. W

P.S. What you actually said to me was "other womanly voodoo" -- that's sort of a bad thing to say to someone here, yanno? I can appreciate that isn't what you meant and I do appreciate your saying so. Thanks.
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 10:22 PM
reverse psychology - a psychological strategy

other - alternate, additional, in addition to

womanly voodoo - a goofy guy phrase for the way we supposedly cast confusing spells on men - haha

add them together and you get.......humor

Good Lord, I'd have an ulcer if I took EVERYTHING in life so seriously
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
reverse psychology - a psychological strategy

other - alternate, additional, in addition to

womanly voodoo - a goofy guy phrase for the way we supposedly cast confusing spells on men - haha

add them together and you get.......humor

Again, he said "other womanly voodoo". I am sorry if you can't see how that could be taken on this forum, Luri.

faint

Mrs. W
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 10:38 PM
Twandabelle, Thanks for 'getting me'.

Mrs.W, I really didn't have any specific tone in mind when I posted...maybe one from sarcasm and humor (thusly my comment about me not having an article in the paper about how awesome i am because of celebrities).

It doesn't matter to me what people are into or what they're interested in. Just like it doesn't matter if people think things I'm into are a waste of time or not.

I apologize for putting other+woman+voodoo together. I meant other as in in addition to. Woman meaning woman. Voodoo as in tricks and craftiness. Basically what Twandabelle.

Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 10:48 PM
Okay. It just didn't seem very nice and I was under the impression that "niceness" was something that you placed great value on. You know, remembering that your sarcasm might negatively impact the real person behind another computer. I appreciate and accept your apology. smile

Mrs. W

P.S. It's still puzzling to me why you would post inquiring about other people's interests when you are so very uninterested. But it's all good! laugh
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 10:57 PM
Okay. It just didn't seem very nice and I was under the impression that "niceness" was something that you placed great value on.

It is. But, you know, every once in awhile someone does get upset by something we say.

P.S. It's still puzzling to me why you would post inquiring about other people's interests when you are so very uninterested. But it's all good! laugh

Same reason I ask my wife why she watches Real Stories of the E.R. when she spends all day in a hospital. I don't get it. I know she can't explain it so that I'll have an "ah ha!" moment. Maybe it's just fo converstaion sake.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:02 PM
KT,

It's very invalidating to tell someone that their interests are not in the least bit interesting -- The implication is that they should change their interests to something that you approve of...And well...that's just not very nice.

I hope you will take the time to consider my point of view. smile

Mrs. W
Posted By: Mulan Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:13 PM
Caber toss, anyone?
Posted By: Brits_Brat Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:13 PM
Kids and young adults, today, are very different from what me and my friends were like as kids. Today, they run in "packs." They "date" within that "pack" but remain friends after the stop "dating." "Dates" are, actually, activities with others in the "pack." I have watched this with my nieces and nephews. One niece and one nephew grew up in a school system where all the kids went to the same lower school, middle school and high school. Many went to the same college. Without cutting out other kids with who they have been friends since they were age 5, it would be impossible for them to not have people they previously dated in their circle of friends. The interesting thing is that all of them are very devoted and loyal their spouses,
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:15 PM
Caber toss, anyone?

Sorry, not interested -- Who would be interested in that? stickout

Mrs. W

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:31 PM
My suggestion: if folks aren't interested in celebrity threads, then don't read them! Real simple..
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:31 PM
KT,

It's very invalidating to tell someone that their interests are not in the least bit interesting -- The implication is that they should change their interests to something that you approve of...And well...that's just not very nice.

Mrs. W

Of course! My wife asked me the other day, "Have you even considered my point of view?" To which I started laughing hysterically and said, "now that's the dumbest thing you've ever asked me.

She was askign me something silly like was it okay for her to come out of the kitchen.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:32 PM
Caber toss, anyone?

I'm missing Scarborough this weekend. That question makes me sad. frown and the weather there is beautiful.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:33 PM
Caber toss, anyone?

Mrs. W

Silly guys that wear kilts. I'll admit it prob. is a waste of time but it sure is fun. And we get to wear a skirt and a matching pair of hose!
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:36 PM
You wear hose??????

I knew logging back on was a mistake smile

I did watch a lot of the wedding stuff Friday. her dress was beautiful, the Fergie daughter's hats were hilariously hideous, and that second kiss was soooo sweet. I choose not to ruin the warm fuzzies by wondering whether either one of them will have an affair. I'm weird that way.

Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:39 PM
Caber toss, anyone?

Mrs. W

Silly guys that wear kilts. I'll admit it prob. is a waste of time but it sure is fun. And we get to wear a skirt and a matching pair of hose!

Have a good weekend, Tootsie! grin

Mrs. W

P.S. The hats at the wedding yesterday made me think there MUST be a Dr. Seuss convention going on in London! stickout
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:40 PM
KT,

Mrs. W

Of course! My wife asked me the other day, "Have you even considered my point of view?" To which I started laughing hysterically and said, "now that's the dumbest thing you've ever asked me.

She was askign me something silly like was it okay for her to come out of the kitchen.

Don't be sexist, KT -- BROADS hate that yanno! grin

Mrs. W
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:42 PM

Don't be sexist, KT -- BROADS hate that yanno! grin

Mrs. W [/quote]

hahahaha! I thought I was just being old fashioned.
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:45 PM
Caber toss, anyone?

Mrs. W

I actually thought it would be interesting to do a comparison of "interest" so to speak on COMPETE.COM between some marriage infidelity forums and a caber sports website (Association of Scottish Games & Festivals or asgf.org).

It's not even close

[Linked Image from oi54.tinypic.com]

link to full details: compete website comparison stats

Mr. W
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 04/30/11 11:48 PM
You wear hose??????

I knew logging back on was a mistake smile

I did watch a lot of the wedding stuff Friday. her dress was beautiful, the Fergie daughter's hats were hilariously hideous, and that second kiss was soooo sweet. I choose not to ruin the warm fuzzies by wondering whether either one of them will have an affair.

I couldn't decide if those crazy hats reminded me of this kind of cat or this kinda cat! laugh something made me think of those cats! grin
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 12:43 AM
Mel's gettin' catty....

wahahahahahaha
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 12:49 AM
say what?? grin
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 12:52 AM
shocked
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 02:12 AM
But you'll agree that there are things that bother you that Mrs. W. doesn't care about, yes? And there are things that probably bother Mrs. W and not you, agreed?

This bothers HER. I respect that.
Posted By: markos Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 04:40 AM
[good-natured-humor]Holy, smokes, what have you people done with my thread![/good-natured-humor]

Regarding why are people even interested, kilted, I truly sympathize with your viewpoint. Truth is I've almost never cared or read about the British royal family and in a way isn't it silly for Americans like me to care about nobility at all? But it's turned out to be something Prisca and I were really interested in reading about and discussing together, and since I saw that interesting red flag I thought I'd post about that for discussion, because that's one of the things we do around here.

Regarding your television being interrupted, I REALLY sympathize with that!!! That's why I quit watching "channels." Honestly, channels are the most ridiculous idea in the world and are 50 years out of date. Turn off your cable/satellite/broadcast and get Netflix, hulu, etc. smile Of course, that doesn't work so well for sports, yet, so that might still be an issue. My shows are never interrupted any more regardless of weather or news event. No commercials, either. smile And nothing has to start on the hour or anything like that. smile

Tomorrow when I'm more awake maybe I'll get back to commenting on the original topic here.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 07:42 AM
If I just say I'm sorry and I was just JKing, will y'all forgive me for being insensitive? I apologize for my insensitivity and lack of foresight on my how my words might inflict a negative response.

Are we cool now?
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 07:58 AM
I think the criteria here is really that Ex's with whom you have had a sexual relationship as opposed to just 'dating' is when NC for life is advisable. (assuming that I'm not SO OLD that sex and dating are synonomous)
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 12:16 PM
You bring up a very interesting and valid point, bigkahuna. Though I had a few boyfriends before DH, a couple or so even "serious," I never slept with any of them....except DH on our wedding night. The only person with whom I even came "close" was with the ex-fiance, whom I will never friend on FB or look up if I happened to be in his town or anything.

We can dispute it, we can hedge it, we can toss out the Bible or try to rewrite it......but sex changes things. It just does. And no, anyone who has seen me naked should NOT be seeing me once I am married tp the only man who should ever see me naked.

I have a few FB friends that I went on dates with waaaay back when, a couple I kind of liked 20 years or so ago, one who really like me. But heck, we never even kissed. Had we rolled around in the hay doing what I believe (because of my faith) would have been every BIT as sinful as adultery, they would not be my friends.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 03:54 PM
Cool! Looks like MB has "caber sports" beat by a mile. Thanks for the link. Think I'll go plug in some other comparisons just for grins.
Posted By: Tawandabelle Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 06:11 PM
Yes yes, I think I'll go eat a lollipop and kick some dirt and play on the monkey bars.

Did anyone see the cute pic of that little girl holding her ears standing by the happy couple? She was adorable.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 07:05 PM
click me laugh
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Cool! Looks like MB has "caber sports" beat by a mile. Thanks for the link. Think I'll go plug in some other comparisons just for grins.
LOL! Meggy, you and I are thinking alike! I saw that and plugged in my company to compare it to the competition. Sigh, we've got some work to do.
Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 10:49 PM
Yes yes, I think I'll go eat a lollipop and kick some dirt and play on the monkey bars.

Did anyone see the cute pic of that little girl holding her ears standing by the happy couple? She was adorable.
I dunno - she didn't look too happy to me! Looked like she was totally out of her element and didn't like being there. Maybe she's a tomboy...
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 11:03 PM

confused Huh? I suppose you COULD twist my post towards discussions about suckers, mud-slingin', and monkey business, but it might be a stretch. Anything's possible. grin

Nope, totally missed the little girl and her ears.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/01/11 11:22 PM
rotflmao
Posted By: Prisca Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/02/11 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
I think the criteria here is really that Ex's with whom you have had a sexual relationship as opposed to just 'dating' is when NC for life is advisable. (assuming that I'm not SO OLD that sex and dating are synonomous)

Sex and dating are not synonomous here -- I'm in my 30s and was a virgin on my wedding night, although I had dated several
men.

But I believe it would be a horrible idea to reconnect with my former boyfriends. They each have an account in my love bank, and romantic feelings could very easily be rekindled. People fall in love with or without sex involved. What matters is the love bank, and how many deposits have been made.

Maintaining friendships with former boyfriends/girlfriends is how a lot of affairs start. Whether the relationship was sexual or not doesn't matter. It's playing with fire.
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: Prince Williams ex'es - 05/02/11 09:42 AM
It depends on the Love Bank balance and if the Romantic Love threshold was reached as well as how the relationship ended to a large extent. However if you had sex then it's game over IMO.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums