Job 23:10-13 (NLT)
10 “But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. 11 For I have stayed on God’s paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. 12 I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food. 13 But once he has made his decision, who can change his mind? Whatever he wants to do, he does. 14 So he will do to me whatever he has planned. He controls my destiny.

Job says God knows him. Job’s friends had judged him without even knowing what was taking place. They accused Job of things he had not done, but Job understood God knew the truth of his actions. God is justly right in His sovereignty and no man can contest his plans, not even Job. For he knows God ultimately is in control of his life.

Job had lost everything he owned. He lost family he loved. Bankrupt and broken he had to sit and listen to his friends as they unfairly accused him of wrongful actions. Even Job’s wife didn’t have sympathy as she told Job that he should curse God and die. Although Job was suffering he knew God had a right to do as He willed. The troubles brought into Job’s life had a purpose and God knew what was best. The suffering had been approved by God and Job was to draw his strength from his faith in God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 says, “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.” Do you find your comfort in God or are you looking elsewhere? Pray God may comfort your suffering. Draw close to Him and draw upon His strength knowing Christ also suffered.