Nehemiah 1:5-9
5 Then I said, “O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love with those who love him and obey his commands, 6 listen to my prayer! Look down and see me praying night and day for your people Israel. I confess that we have sinned against you. Yes, even my own family and I have sinned! 7 We have sinned terribly by not obeying the commands, decrees, and regulations that you gave us through your servant Moses. 8 “Please remember what you told your servant Moses: ‘If you are unfaithful to me, I will scatter you among the nations. 9 But if you return to me and obey my commands and live by them, then even if you are exiled to the ends of the earth, I will bring you back to the place I have chosen for my name to be honored.’

This is a prayer of Nehemiah referencing all the other prayers he had been praying day and night for the people of Jerusalem. In his prayer he confesses his own sins and the sins of his family. He remember’s God’s promise and prays that the promise will be realized.

If you have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior then you have been blessed by the Holy Spirit. Paul tells us in Romans, “The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.” While we may not always know what to pray for or how to pray our prayers are heard and the Holy Spirit expresses what needs to be made known. Jesus also is there pleading for us. It also says in Romans, “Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.” So when you pray remember not only is God listening to your prayer, but the Holy Spirit is praying for you and Jesus is pleading for the forgiveness of your sins.