Revelation 3:20-21 (NLT)
20 “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. 21 Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne.

In these verses of Revelation, Jesus gives John a message for the Christians of the church of Laodicea. He tells them He knocks at the door of their heart and if they open themselves up He comes and has fellowship with them. Christ is expressing His love for those He loves even when they sin. Having a meal with someone was an intimate way to get to know them and talk about life. Christ wants to know what is going on in the lives of those He died for. For those who are victorious He even invites them to sit with Him on His throne, just as God placed Him at God’s right hand.

The Toys for Tots program has a mission statement that says, “The mission of the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to needy children in the community in which the campaign is conducted.” Surprisingly the Toys for Tots program initially rejected 4,000 new packaged toys heading into the 2006 Christmas season. The toys rejected were battery-operated, talking representations of Jesus Christ. According to the website of the dolls' manufacturer, One2Believe, the button-activated, bearded Talking Jesus doll is dressed in hand-sewn cloth outfits and sandals. It also recites Scripture verses, such as, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again" and "Love your neighbor as yourself." The vice president of the Toys for Tots program, said the charity chose to reject the dolls. As a government entity, the Marines "don't profess one religion over another. We can't take a chance on sending a Talking Jesus doll to a Jewish family or a Muslim family." It seems they forgot these were Christmas presents. The Marines took a public-relations hit from both Christian and secular organizations after the Daily News reported that the toy charity had rejected a donation of 4,000 battery-operated Jesus, Virgin Mary, David, Moses and Esther dolls for its holiday giveaway. Later on the Toys for Tots website they posted, "The talking Jesus doll issue has been resolved "Toys for Tots has found appropriate places for these items. We have notified the donor of our willingness to handle this transaction." Jesus said, “But anyone who denies me here on earth will be denied before God’s angels.” Always be ready to open your heart to Christ when the opportunity knocks.