Proverbs 30:3 (NLT)
1 The sayings of Agur son of Jakeh contain this message.I am weary, O God; I am weary and worn out, O God. 2 I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense. 3 I have not mastered human wisdom, nor do I know the Holy One.

This proverb is a reflection on one’s own inadequacies. The person says they are weary and worn out. They say how can there be a God when they look at their own humanity and find themselves not feeling much more than an animal that lacks wisdom and the knowledge of God.

I understand being weary and worn out. This past week our company migrated another company’s computer system into our computer system. It was a year of planning and a weekend of hard work to get everything accomplished. After working from Saturday night at 7pm until Monday midnight , then back again Monday at 6am and staying to 7pm; I realized just how weary and worn out I can be. But the good part about my life is I understand the remaining words in proverbs where it says in verse 5, “Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection.” Even in my weariness I leaned on God and Christ and they were a comfort as they always are. I was too tired to even to sleep; so I prayed for others until the Lord brought sweet sleep. Be glad to know God is a shield of protection to us and He comforts us in our worn out states. And for those who do not know God and Christ pray they may know their love, comfort and grace.