Song of Solomon 3:1-5 (ESV)
1 On my bed by night I sought him whom my soul loves; I sought him, but found him not.2 I will rise now and go about the city, in the streets and in the squares; I will seek him whom my soul loves. I sought him, but found him not. 3 The watchmen found me as they went about in the city. "Have you seen him whom my soul loves?" 4 Scarcely had I passed them when I found him whom my soul loves. I held him, and would not let him go until I had brought him into my mother�s house, and into the chamber of her who conceived me. 5 I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or the does of the field, that you not stir up or awaken love until it pleases.
The Song of Solomon presents a dialog between the lost and the found lover. It is a story of God�s plan for marriage and also a story of God�s church. The woman seeks out her love desiring to be with him. She looks through the streets of the city even stopping to ask the watchmen where her love might be. Even though they don�t have the answer she continues to seek after her love. Then she finds him and returns him to her home where her desire is for him to stay with her.
Those who love Jesus will have a thirst for Him. They will have a desire to seek Him out and commune with Him. They will go to great lengths to look for Him. They will search on their own. They will turn to those who might know Jesus for help. Yet it is their continued search, the desire and longing for Jesus Christ that brings them close to Him. And when they find Jesus they want to hold and keep Him close. Are you seeking Jesus? Don�t give up your search to find and know Him.