Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 45 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 44 45
CWMI #2450089 12/08/10 04:16 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,780
S
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,780
Originally Posted by CWMI
His snip, and yes.

Fun conversation, that, and all the other didn't come out (thought he was sterile, baby not his) didn't come out until #4 was three or four years old.

Wow. Just wow. Not just to this post but to the big long one you first posted today.

That sounds EXACTLY like something my XH would say to me. Well, he DID say it to me....before the wedding he wanted kids...then years passed and he kept putting it off for one reason or another--usually something *I* wasn't doing right---then after 16 years when I finally convinced him to have unprotected sex and I got pregnant he tried to convince himself it wasn't his....yeah, sounds familiar.

Ugh. Sorry CWMI. You have my sympathy. Liars are the worst. Eventually I don't think they even know what the truth is.

SmilingWoman #2450091 12/08/10 04:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
I would rather he told me either that he didn't want them, or inform me that he thought he was sterile. Either one of those would have allowed me some input on decision-making.

GRAPHIC WARNING:












He would lay on top of me and say, "I'm gonna put a baby in you. You want me to put a baby in you? Yeah? Yeah? Oh yeah!!!!"

What. the. indeed. He shoulda *really* faked it, would have screwed up fewer lives that way. smirk


Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2450092 12/08/10 04:33 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
Quote
He would lay on top of me and say, "I'm gonna put a baby in you. You want me to put a baby in you? Yeah? Yeah? Oh yeah!!!!"
rotflmao rotflmao I'm sorry, CWMI, but this is just priceless. How you managed not to burst out laughing is beyond me. rotflmao


D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2450095 12/08/10 04:40 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
*I* was in lurrrrrve, wanting to give my son a sibling, so I found it quite enticing.

I also like, "I'm gonna spank you, you bad girl" and other laughable lines, lol.

What? whistle


Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
maritalbliss #2450097 12/08/10 04:42 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
I
Member
Offline
Member
I
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 27
You say these lies were told quite a while ago (and they're nutty, by the way). What made you start thinking about them? Does he actually think these things still? Was he drinking or something? Even a bad liar would realize this kind of talk would set off the BS detector.

This must be so frustrating.


This stuff that's hurting right now, this pain, this fear,
it's temporary.
CWMI #2450104 12/08/10 04:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
Quote
I also like, "I'm gonna spank you, you bad girl" and other laughable lines, lol.
OOO, baby! rotflmao


D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

ItsTemporary #2450109 12/08/10 05:16 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
Well, I'd have to say I never stopped thinking about it. I thought things were going great until the topic that started this thread, and ever since, I just...think about things. I guess the catalyst was Sunday when church put out another Great Date pamphlet, designed for husbands to create great dates for their wives. After the announcement, I told him I'd like it if he picked it up and took me on it, we had such a good time the last one.

And then he didn't. Pick up the pamphlet.

Then last night, I'm setting the table for ds13's (now ds14's) B-day dinner, and H is coming behind me moving the plates to be about 1/2 inch closer to the edge of the table. It annoyed the crap out of me. I said, "Is that necessary?" He looked sheepish and walked off, I finished serving and we ate...

So later he said, "We need a date night. What would you like to do?"

I said, "I'd like to go on the Great Date our church has out. Why didn't you pick it up?"

He asked me why didn't *I* pick it up, and I kinda, er, went off. "I didn't pick it up because our church doesn't put it out as a way for WIVES to instruct their HUSBANDS, but to give guidance to the husbands themselves! Why would I want to be the only wife in a line of MEN picking up instructions for MY OWN DATE?"

He said that he doesn't like to make plans for us because he always gets them wrong.

I said, "Like the way I set the table wrong? Should I just NOT do it then because I can't do it right?"

He said the point was taken, but like many points I've made over the years, I think he doesn't get it and just wanted me to shut up.


Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2450114 12/08/10 05:22 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,123
Likes: 1
H
Member
Offline
Member
H
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,123
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by CWMI
"I'm gonna put a baby in you. You want me to put a baby in you? Yeah? Yeah? Oh yeah!!!!"


This... this I find... *shiver*... creepy.

The spanking thing?

Hmmmm... to each their own, and each thing in it's given situation and intention.

Not TMI from me today, no sir.


"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
HoldHerHand #2450118 12/08/10 05:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
lol. I shouldn't've told ya'll eh? laugh

C'mon, don't you guys talk a little smack in the sack? lol.


Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2450267 12/08/10 11:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,614
T
Member
Offline
Member
T
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,614
Originally Posted by CWMI
Well, I'd have to say I never stopped thinking about it. I thought things were going great until the topic that started this thread, and ever since, I just...think about things. I guess the catalyst was Sunday when church put out another Great Date pamphlet, designed for husbands to create great dates for their wives. After the announcement, I told him I'd like it if he picked it up and took me on it, we had such a good time the last one.

And then he didn't. Pick up the pamphlet.

Then last night, I'm setting the table for ds13's (now ds14's) B-day dinner, and H is coming behind me moving the plates to be about 1/2 inch closer to the edge of the table. It annoyed the crap out of me. I said, "Is that necessary?" He looked sheepish and walked off, I finished serving and we ate...

So later he said, "We need a date night. What would you like to do?"

I said, "I'd like to go on the Great Date our church has out. Why didn't you pick it up?"

He asked me why didn't *I* pick it up, and I kinda, er, went off. "I didn't pick it up because our church doesn't put it out as a way for WIVES to instruct their HUSBANDS, but to give guidance to the husbands themselves! Why would I want to be the only wife in a line of MEN picking up instructions for MY OWN DATE?"

He said that he doesn't like to make plans for us because he always gets them wrong.

I said, "Like the way I set the table wrong? Should I just NOT do it then because I can't do it right?"

He said the point was taken, but like many points I've made over the years, I think he doesn't get it and just wanted me to shut up.

So.....

He suggested a date night, and you used the opportunity to blast him about what he did wrong?

How was that helpful?


Me 42
H 46
Married 12 years
Two children D9 and D4 !
CWMI #2450294 12/09/10 07:57 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,574
Likes: 1
N
Member
Offline
Member
N
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,574
Likes: 1
cwmi, just because he says now that he didn't want kids then, doesn't mean that at the time he didn't want kids. You already know
  1. his memory is like a sieve
  2. he has a habit of lying to you about what he thought in the past
  3. he makes up stuff to make you feel bad and or get you off his case
If it helps, I had BTDT, H also told me a few years ago that he didn't think he could get a woman pregnant, and that's why he didn't choose to use protection when I got pregnant with DD14. And that he only married me because I was pregnant, even though we were already engaged before that. He said a year after that, when we were reconciling temporarily, that he not only didn't say that, but he never would have said that. And I remember how painful all that was at the time. But life moves on, water under the bridge, this, too, shall pass. At some point, cwmi, I think you're not going to care anymore. But I'd be happy to support you here in any way I can until then.

So, you said how you handle it is to call him on his stuff. Did you ever hear how LA describes it, lovingly handing their words back to them? Not a shame thing, just reminding them you're not playing that game anymore, "let's pretend to get all upset as if you and I believe what you just said." He's simply doing what he does, because it had a payoff for him at the time. Are y'all working a plan that will address that over time?

I think he may have married someone like you, because he likes to be the rebellious bad boy, and feel like he's getting away with something. Renter thinking, not realizing these patterns are unsustainable. But that's neither here nor there. How can you make a plan of attack that doesn't add to these huge withdrawals this behavior already brings? Or maybe you do already, it's hard to read tone. When you mentioned about that Great Date thing, were you getting exasperated on the inside, or calmly remembering this is just what he does, tries to make you feel bad, because that's more important to him than building a strong marriage? His choice, not about you, you are making an awesome life for yourself and your family, with or without him?

If you were calm, I think you may think, you know, it doesn't matter if we follow the Great Date plan or not. Sure, it'd be nice, but he's not a failure if he doesn't pick up that paper. It's just a suggestion, take it or leave it. What do you think?

Last edited by NewEveryDay; 12/09/10 07:58 AM. Reason: added more

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
NewEveryDay #2450297 12/09/10 08:20 AM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
How are you holding up, ned? Don't worry about me, unless you need the distraction...



Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2450313 12/09/10 09:44 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,780
S
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,780
Originally Posted by CWMI
So later he said, "We need a date night. What would you like to do?"

I said, "I'd like to go on the Great Date our church has out. Why didn't you pick it up?"
He asked me why didn't *I* pick it up, and I kinda, er, went off. "I didn't pick it up because our church doesn't put it out as a way for WIVES to instruct their HUSBANDS, but to give guidance to the husbands themselves! Why would I want to be the only wife in a line of MEN picking up instructions for MY OWN DATE?"

He said that he doesn't like to make plans for us because he always gets them wrong.

I said, "Like the way I set the table wrong? Should I just NOT do it then because I can't do it right?"

He said the point was taken, but like many points I've made over the years, I think he doesn't get it


Oh he gets it.


Originally Posted by CWMI
and just wanted me to shut up.

But yes, he just wants you to shut up.

I struck through some text above....things you could have kept to yourself....what do you think you could have said instead? When he said,

Originally Posted by CWMI
'he doesn't like to make plans for us because he always gets them wrong'

Could you have looked at him and nodded to acknowledge his point (even if you don't agree with it AT ALL). And then said, 'well. You asked what I'd like to do...that is what I'd like to do.'

And then leave it. Would that have worked?

I see patterns of myself in you. Saying too much. Trying to educate. Wanting a truth that you may never get...because I am not sure your dh knows his Truth, so how can you know it? But you can live with him--as the man he is...at his core...IF he will do the ACTUAL things you need. Is that possible?

SmilingWoman #2450389 12/09/10 01:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,574
Likes: 1
N
Member
Offline
Member
N
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,574
Likes: 1
cwmi, distraction is right. I have houseguests coming, and I'm one of those folks that has a hard time staying calm when everyone else is upset. It's enough work to keep putting one foot in front of the other as it is. I'll go update on my thread.


Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
NewEveryDay #2450456 12/09/10 04:41 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
Hang in there ned. Lots of prayers for you, such a shocking and brutal time.

We did discuss the kid thing last night--he, of course, just like your H, denied ever having said it. It was a good conversation otherwise. He said he knew he's said a lot of awful things over the years, but he doesn't remember saying that or feeling it. I told him I wished I had his memory of it, cause mine stinks and makes him look like a jerk, and me like a fool. smile

SW--I was too irritable and ready to lash out. He's not the intentional turd he was, but he still isn't...well, here comes a big DJ: he lacks competence in the relational department. Sex is good, he's a great financial supporter, if he wasn't OCD he'd be an awesome Domestic supporter, but there's more to life than sex, money, and spiffy cribs.

I'm cranky right now, so I'll stop...I'm in finals at school, and am disputing a grade. I had five graded assignments in this class and scored a 93, 94, 92, 94, and 94, and my prof gave me a B. wth? He lacks competence, too??? lol. I'm hoping it's just a mix-up and he recorded it wrong on my transcript. I sent him a very nice email even though I wanted to say wth can't you add???

Lord grant me patience today!


Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2450462 12/09/10 04:55 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,780
S
Member
Offline
Member
S
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2,780
Originally Posted by CWMI
SW--I was too irritable and ready to lash out. He's not the intentional turd he was, but he still isn't...well, here comes a big DJ: he lacks competence in the relational department. Sex is good, he's a great financial supporter, if he wasn't OCD he'd be an awesome Domestic supporter, but there's more to life than sex, money, and spiffy cribs.

I hear you CWMI...if you are like I was in my last marriage, I felt like I responded correctly 90% of the time, but when I would come on here and share the details of the other 10% I would get hit hard with the 2 X 4s.

It was not until I began seeing my now dh that I realized just. how. hard my first marriage had been. Most of that was because WXH had ZERO interest in really making it work. Part of it though WAS because he just didn't get some things...

So you have the advantage of your dh wanting to do better.

SmilingWoman #2451086 12/10/10 06:46 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
Well now I'm just piggly pleased. My prof responded well to my email and adjusted my grade (to what it was supposed to be!) and I finished my final final for the semester and still have my 4.0.

There's more to life than grades, though, too.

Still...*squee*

Validation, that's apparently a big need of mine, eh?


Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2451156 12/10/10 10:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
M
Member
Offline
Member
M
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,357
Originally Posted by CWMI
Well now I'm just piggly pleased. My prof responded well to my email and adjusted my grade (to what it was supposed to be!) and I finished my final final for the semester and still have my 4.0.

There's more to life than grades, though, too.

Still...*squee*

Validation, that's apparently a big need of mine, eh?
hurray Gotta give you a little somethin' on that. Well done!


D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2451561 12/12/10 04:32 PM
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
C
CWMI Offline OP
Member
OP Offline
Member
C
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,437
Thanks. smile

I'm so done, I'm blistering in the heat. He's been gone all day, and has another Wed evening engagement, he claims today is required but W is not, and I'm forked. Done.


Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
CWMI #2451568 12/12/10 05:46 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,235
B
Member
Offline
Member
B
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,235
Please today, just today, refuse to be mean or speak badly to your husband. Try and be nice or kind to him.

Page 17 of 45 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090
71,845 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5