Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2580464 01/03/12 06:33 AM
F
Frank78 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I'm cutently in the Army and just returned from my 3rd deployment. During this past deployment I did something very unforgiving and had an affair. My wife is aware of the whole thing and knows almost every detail. I'm not here to justify or try to explain my actions because the truth is there is none. I regret all the pain I put my wife through and seeing her when I got home has made me notice even more just how stupid I was to throw it all away over something I thought I wanted. I've never been more wrong in my life. She wants a divorce and I can't blame or be mad at her for it, she is justified in every way. Upon my return they placed me in the barracks and I have limited contact with her and our babies. The first week I was home we got along a little after two huge fights, in no way do I think that means we were going to fix things but it gave me hope, something I don't deserve but hope none the less. Things went well, now I'm restricted to the barracks and she became more distant from me then before and only mentions divorce if it's not about the children and even then usually only one word replys. I know she is hurt and there is no over night fix, but I love my wife more than I knew and I'm so stupid for what I've done. I pray for a chance to mend our broken home and to restore our love that started us. I was so wrong in thinking I was ok without her the truth is I'm nothing without her and want to show her my love and be the man she needs and deserves. Please any advice on this I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Frank78 #2580469 01/03/12 07:40 AM
M
M
If you want to click notify and move this to Surviving an Affair you will get more traffic and more help.

My4Loves #2580470 01/03/12 07:51 AM
F
Frank78 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Thank you.

Frank78 #2580524 01/03/12 11:03 AM
A
A
Frank78,

Well, you cheated on your wife and you have had angry outbursts at her. If your anger and fighting is what led to your restriction to the barracks, my advice would be for your wife to not see or talk to you until you can demonstrate significant changes over a substantial period of time. If she wants to divorce you, I would support that too.

You have many changes you need to make in your life. If you have PTSD from your deployments, seek help with the Chaplains or mental health providers.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation