Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I know for a fact that I'm not the only one 'lurking' on here tonight. So... anyone else on here up for some idle chit chat in this thread?<p>Karen

231 Offline
Sure Karen you pick the topic and I would be glad to talk to you. Just remember I'm shy<p>231

T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Nope. Shy people aren't allowed!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] JUST KIDDING!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] <p>All I can think of to chat about right now is the weather! It's AWFULLY COLD out there! BRRRRRR!!! This is NOT end of May weather. More like early April. YUCK! (I'm in London, Ontario by the way) <p>Karen

J
J
We are having a cool spell here too. Spent the day car shopping with H. Drove a Volkswagen Beetle for the first time. Felt real cute except I was allergic to the sales lady's perfume!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] But the sun was shining, and I enjoyed a bunch of quality time with the man I love. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
jamup: My brother is allergic to women's perfumes too. I tell you... it's amazing how difficult it is to enter a large department store without passing by some! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] At least it's that way with the Eaton's Centre in downtown Toronto - back before Eaton's went under.<p>Karen<p>[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: Topie25 ]</p>

231 Offline
sounds like you are in my part of the world. I live in ontario canada but feels more like Moscow in summer<p>231

N
N
hey all-jersey checking in. cold here too. i got a great fire going now. watching silence of the lambs and conversing with you all. good night i guess.

W
W
Hi Karen - if you're bored, see my post on D/D. I suspect you can relate.<p>Dave

L
L
Hot, muggy, rainy S. Florida here. Love bugs are bad, 'skeeters will be here soon.<p>Can y'all bottle some of that cool air and send it my way? <p> [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Hmmm... silence of the lambs, huh? That's one creepy movie!! (at least is was when I saw it about 10 yrs ago! hehe).<p>I don't have a tv by the pc in my basement anymore. But it's nice and quiet (aside from the furnace right now..hehehe). The twins are sound asleep... and H is with the 3 yr old for an overnight trip to a friends' cottage. It was too cold for me to take the twins. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>My only problem with H's trip is that his 'buddy guy friend' is there. H and I can't get past that hurdle. SIGH! It's one of those things that he just 'doesn't get'.<p>Karen

T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Okay WAT.. I'll go and check it out now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] (I only seem to visit other boards when someone makes a note of it on GQII... hehehe... lazy maybe??? hehehe).<p>Karen

231 Offline
A nice bottle of wine and some romance would make for a fantasic night.wouldn't happen to have a bear skin rug would you?
We're having a long weekend here in canada and Me and GF where thinking of doing something but her mother is in town.I'll tell if I had my way I would take her to the niagia falls, rent a room at the Day's inn, get one with a fireplace and a jacuzz,plus wine and not come out until monday morning.By the way I'm near Brantford.<p>231 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]<p>[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: 231 ]</p>

H
H

<small>[ February 06, 2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: hanora ]</small>

231 Offline
Too bad all us Ontarians couldn't get together and throw a party. some of us hard working spouses,GFs,Bfs and lonely people here need some fun<p>231<p>[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: 231 ]</p>

T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
hanora: OUCH!! Do you have a funny story to share on how you sprained your ankle? (in my experiences as a listener to others who have hurt their ankles - they were usually doing something out of the ordinary... like my SIL - she was skipping down a driveway! - at 18yrs old!! LOL).<p>Campfires!!! I would ADORE to be in front of a fire right now (and burning down my house is completely OUT OF THE QUESTION!!! hehehe [img]images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0[/img] ). H and I just bought a used camper trailer (it sleeps 8!)... but until the weather warms up, it must remain in our driveway. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>231: near Brantford, huh? London is considered to be 'near Brantford' too. LOL. 45 minutes away on the 403 anyways. hehehe.<p>WAT: I read your post.. and my opinions match jdmac1's. I know how it all must be hurting you, mostly because life is moving forward, and you still need to deal with issues from the past.... at least that's how I feel. You should at the VERY LEAST pride yourself for not pummelling OM to the ground. I hate to admit it, but I know that's what I would do if I were to see OW#1 again.<p>Karen

R
R
I'm in the Pac NW, Gig Harbor, WA .. and the weather is beautiful ... not our typical May weather. Usually it's rainy and cold. Been outside gardening. Hydrangeas all over the place. It's a variable garden of purple spray everywhere. Purps my fav color. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Karen, how are you doing?<p>Nikko, I read your thread regarding your frustration on strides in Recovery. Your story mimics Cali's and is very similar in terms of how she was feeling for a very long time. You two are somewhat alike in how you view the situation and possibly control aspects. I hope she posts to you. I know I read her posts for months and she was truly an inspiration in how she kept vigilant in understanding how to manage thru it.<p>Just a hello to all on htis thread. I hope you all are well and safe.<p>Love,
Jo

H
H
Nope not especially funny. However if anyone else out there is a small woman in her 50's, it might not be the best idea ever to try moving a couch downstairs with your burly 20 year old son.
At least tell him to take the corners slow. Son and couch are fine.

231 Offline
Not to be a fly in the oikment but have you read the thread living together but not trusting, very scarey situation there. I think you guys should put your two cents worth in also.
Anyways Karen, we watch the new pl here cause my mother was from london.Man I wonder what is happening to your town these days?
sorry I'm not up to speed on your story,so I may look it up to see what it is about.Me, I think you have posted me a couple of times but things are a blurr right now.Man I need more than a couple of days off. If I won that super seven jackpot I would be in Hawii right now.<p>231<p>[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: 231 ]</p>

S
S
Idle chit chat.. I have some of that.. THe weather is good here in Northwest Arkansas, so my neighbors and I had a bar-b-que and let the kids out to play. We flew kites, threw water balloons and sprayed each other with guns, the kids had a blast.<p>Unfortunately I've been bitten by something and my eye is swollen almost shut, it looks like I got beat up pretty bad. Hopefully it will open up by tomorrow because I am not leaving the house looking like this, no telling what people will think my b/f did to me [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] (NO, he is not abusive, its just a jokie joke).<p>Well so far it seems like everyone had a pretty okay day, I'm glad, we could all use a few more of them. Good night to all.
Bridgette [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img]

T
Topie25 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We played the super7 too. We hardly ever play the lottery - but 34 million tax free (albeit canadian) dollars is too good to not try. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I have posted to SO MANY people since I joined MB... that I'm at the point where there are very few stories I remember for certain.<p>The main gist of my MB story is that within 5 months of our (almost) 4 yr old son passing away in his sleep (for reasons still unknown), when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with our twin sons and tending after our not even 2 yr old, my H told me the typical WS script. I kicked him out a few days later. He was in an EA with a now former friend of mine (who had been at Andrew's viewing!!! ... and who's daughter had been a playmate of Andrew's too!). It turned PA by early March. H then had 2 more PA's. We are now in the process of working on all of the crap that lead to his 'need' to have his A's. It's NOT FUN, that's for sure! (the recovery honeymoon is long gone - sigh!).<p>Karen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation