Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
Vega Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Well I now know the results of me talking to OW's pastor. WH is going to get a restraining order on me for the OW & serve me divorce papers. I told him I understand his actions. I am scared, but at least there is no more fence sitting. He said I have gone off the deep end. Maybe I have, but I don't think so. I can accept this, now it is time for the plan B letter. I will also call 2-3 lawyers tomorrow. It's not the deep end, its just the limbo land that created my inner conflict.

I can handle the restraining order, I never wanted to talk to OW anyway. So now can someone tell me if this restraining order will have other ramifications???

E
E
Don't panic. Wait and see what he does. Remain as calm as you can under the circumstances.

A friend of mine's H threatened her with legal action because she cc'd her e-mails to him to the OW. She didn't even address them to the OW.

He can't prevent you from contacting OW's pastor. I believe you have every right to speak to any pastor you want. He can only prevent you from contacting OW (if she files for restraining order) or himself. It's going to be pretty embarrassing filing that restraining order- I believe you have to give evidence as to why you are requesting the restraining order.

Don't discuss it with him, don't call him. When the papers show up that's when you'll deal with it.

E
E
Also, I do think it's good to get legal advice for yourself. Do you have kids? You need to protect yourself. But, don't tell H you're seeing a lawyer.

Are you sure he is really seeing a lawyer, or is it just a threat?

V
Vega Offline OP
OP Offline
V
OH thanks E.,for the info & discussion.
I GREATLY needed some feed back. I plan on discussing this with a lawyer tomorrow. I have been expecting this for a long time, its kinda nice (In a warped since) to know his position. Right now any action is better than no action. I did talk to WH and admitted to talking to OW co-workers 3 times & pastor just yesterday. The last time I talked to OW was in Dec. 2001. WH hasn't even discussed this with his old friends or neighbors.

I don't plan on any more contact, I feel the A is finally out in the open. There are probably secrets, but strangely right now I DON'T CARE!!!

Yes, I have two kids D20 in college & S 15. I did talk to S last weekend about me still loving his dad & forgiving his mistakes. I did tell s that his dad still had his OW & that there might be a DV.

I'm maybe a little panicy - I searched restraining order on the web. Do you think this will have any effect on my current employment????

I hope it is true about the evidence of the restraining orders. Any other BS experience this???

I will start changing all bills now to my name only or should I have WH do the leg work????

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ardent Center, Lost@1969, Jmoor9090, Confused1980, Bibbyryan860
71,843 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation