Melody Lane

Thank you again for your response.

Bandit--I apologize for apparently "hijacking" your thread. I was only concerned with the anger and coarse language against the OP/W/M and the WS.

Psycho B--You need not say more--your handle makes it easier to understand where you come from and why you take your stance.

Melody, your comment was bold. No, I do not think God is a sinner. But I do know His grace (God's Riches At Christ's Expense)is infinite. As deep as our sins are, so His grace is more than adequate to redeem us. To wit:

"God demonstrates His love toward us, in that
WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS Christ died for us."

Do I hand out forgivenss like cheap candy? No. Forgiveness, I believe, is a sacrifice. Does it make me feel good and magnanamous--hardly. Because I am sure you would agree, it is among the most difficult thing to do. I perceive that God has an infinite supply of forgiveness ALL READY THERE FOR YOU to receive upon confession.

"Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
May it never be."

Yes--for the believer, may it never be. And you are in agreement that unforgiveness is sin. Let's go a bit further. The life of Joseph. I don't think I have to give you a briefing of his plight--I'm sure you already know. His brothers came to him and asked for forgiveness. Yes there was repentance--but I am intrigued by Joseph's reply.

"Do not be afraid, for am I in God's place?"
And as for you, you meant evil against me,
but God meant is for good in order to bring
about this present result, to preserve many
people alive." Gen. 50:19-20

And furthermore:

"And we know that God causes all things
to work together for good, to those who
love God, to those who are called according
to His purpose." Rom. 8:28

I cannot speak for my W, but I can almost be sure that there was relief when I said to her that I forgave her and the portion of that forgiveness WAS ALREADY THERE EVEN BEFORE SHE ASKED. And if the OM came and asked, my repsonse would be, "I already have" because his portion is there and gaining interest as it sits.

So, do you sit in God's place to mete out punishment and divvy out forgiveness? Neither do I. Forgiveness is a supernatural act as is the ability to sacrifice. What am I sacrificing? The easy road of anger and unforgiveness choosing the more difficult road of a higher calling...to BE forgiving in the most difficult situations. "God is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, NOT WISHING FOR ANY TO PERISH but for all to come to repentance." And to me, this implies that within His abundance of grace, so also is forgiveness...and gaining interest, I might add.

I guess it comes down to what came first, the chicken or the egg--or, as to our exchange, forgiveness or repentance.