Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you ladies use "Progesterone" to help with PMS or menopause.

I have heard some great results about it for ladies suffering PMS, which I think I am.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

mtheart

S
S
My WW is using Progesterone Acet for birth control (she is having an affair). Don't know about the menopause thing.

Shaken

A
A
Great question. I'm also battling PMS/and or menopause - I personally wouldn't go near progesterone with a 40 ft poll.

My reasons are that I have taken Primulet N (progesterone) on and off for years (until just before d-day, me BS). It caused me to be short tempered and volitile. It was horrible. My H could tell I was taking it with in a few days of starting. BTW I took it for breast pain and multipule breast cysts (strong family history of breast cancer). Progesterone works as it dampens down the estrogen overload. Progesterone is also great for libido, which I welcomed of course. I also tried natural progesterone and found it to cause me to be bad tempered.

The PMS has come back really badly since I've been dealing with the hurt of betrayal. I have to admit that I'm really struggling with this problem. I absolutely dread ovulation. I think my cycle was on the way out when I discovered the A, but it seems to have jumped back into life, and doesn't understand that I'm 51 already! Grrrr.

I take Starflower Oil, which helps a tad. (a stronger version of Evening Primrose Oil. This oil is well known for relieving PMS symptoms. I am also thinking of trying Deep Sea Fish Oil, as it is meant to help depression (which I get once I ovulate). I also take a moduretic (fluid tablet after ovulation) - I take a half a tablet at nite to get rid of excess fluid. Other things I'm thinking of trying are cutting out sugar as much as possible and I have also cut back alcohol to a small glass of wine at nite (which interfers with the liver's ability to process hormones.

I exercise a LOT and that doesn't help - maybe I'd be in jail now if I didn't!!

Not everyone is the same re taking progesterone. All you can do is try it and watch to see if you start kicking your much loved family dog. If so deposit pills in garbage disposal immediately.

Good luck

S
S
mtheart -

Been using natural progesterone cream. Feel a lot better. I'll get the name of it when I go home for lunch and then post it.

In addition, there are more and more doctors starting to show up that treat PMS/Menopause with natural hormones. You can get a saliva or urine test to check your levels and then get a prescription for natural hormones.

I'll try to find the website that has all of this information. It's really helpful.

sss

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the replies.

SSS. That website would be great, I have searched the internet and couldn't find much, so if you can point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks again for everyones input.

mtheart

S
S
Hi mtheart,

I was using some progesterone gream from GNC but I think they discontinued it.

I'm now using Pro-Gest Body Cream. I get it online at drugstores.com. The key is locating cream that has micronized progesterone.

These books are good:

*The Hormone Connection by Gale Maleskey, Mary Kittel

*What your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause by John R. Lee, M.D.

*A Women's Guide to Natural Hormones by Christine Conrad

(Amazon has a ton of books about natural hormones.)

Here are a couple of websites:

www.natural-progesterone-advisory-network.com

www.naturalwoman.org

That last website provides Doctor referrals and also lists compounding pharmacies (where natural hormones are produced/supplied).

This is all natural stuff...none of the HRT stuff you hear about. Best thing is it works. One of my co-workers has been taking a prescription of a mixture of natural hormones and she's back to normal now! LOL!

The progesterone cream really helped me get *balanced*. I felt out of it and wacko...and that was BEFORE I found out about H's A's!!

Good Luck.

sss

M
OP Offline
M
Hi sss,
Thanks so much, I have visited the sites and one of them I have signed up for the newsletter. I have also ordered the book by Dr Lee and should recieve it next week.
I will read up an it all and then make a Drs appt, I have a male doc, so I hope hes not one of these "Its all in ya head" type, if thats his reaction I will need to change doctors.
Once again, thank you for your assistance.

mtheart

M
OP Offline
M
Hi sss,
Thanks so much, I have visited the sites and one of them I have signed up for the newsletter. I have also ordered the book by Dr Lee and should recieve it next week.
I will read up an it all and then make a Drs appt, I have a male doc, so I hope hes not one of these "Its all in ya head" type, if thats his reaction I will need to change doctors.
Once again, thank you for your assistance.

mtheart

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation