Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum
This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at
mbrestored@gmail.com
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115 |
I know there is to be no love talk in Plan A but it is ok to give compliments like cooking , hair style, you look nice today etc......
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,903
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 2,903 |
Why no love talk? I thought the purpose of Plan A is to fulfill your S's EN's. If love talk is one of their top EN's, then do it!!
What are the three top EN's you are fulfilling for your S?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,709
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,709 |
absolutely do those things! but just don't go overboard. say them honestly but strategically.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115 |
I thought the post from ARK reads no love talk
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 551
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 551 |
I think love talk is fine as long as there are no expectations on your part and your S is accepting of it and does not consider it a LB'er.
My problem early on in plan A was I would "love talk" in an effort to get a specific reaction and I was almost always disappointed.
Best of luck and always remember that IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 115 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 944
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 944 |
Be careful with the affection. In my situation my WS is going thru withdrawal and whenever I mention love or affection she feels more guilty. I think she is fighting depression so please be careful what you say. You'd think the WS would need to hear how much you care, but in a crazy way that just makes them feel more lost, confused, or depressed.
So be careful, I'm in Plan A and I'm trying to say things more with a point or a goal in mind..not just I love you's or you're so beautiful.
Take Care
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
192
guests, and
35
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
| |
Most Online9,682 May 13th, 2026
|
|
|
|
|
|