Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 40
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 40
Well today H said goodbye to OW. Perhaps it's not entirely for the reasons I would have liked - he told her it was make or break time for our marriage. he admits that right now - he doesn't even like me - and tell you honestly - I don't like him (let alone love him) very much right now. The last few years and the last 3 months imparticular have taken atremendous toll on my love bank. I admitted to him over lunch today that I was pretty well bankrupted as well. HJis first response was - don't tell me that we both lack the reserves to make this work. I don't know how to do this.

Everything I ahve done for years has fallen flat on him - he wants to know the me - the real me, that specail part of me - as he refers to it "the beauty of me". I am terrified ot open myself up to him in anyway - I don't trust him - I ahve been hurt so many times - and he doesn't trust me emotionally - I have not protected his feelings, have not provided a safe and comfortable place for him.

How do you truly start over -

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 35,996
Get a professional counselor who is pro-marriage and has tons of experience...

You need to acquire the correct tools for intimacy. Start with the EN's questionnaire.

If you can afford it, why not counsel with Harleys?

If this is going to work, you'll need an expert.

Pep


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0