Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 271
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 271
Let me start by apologising as I have several posts going at the same time. I felt that the subjects were different and that there was merit in having their own threads.

If you are looking fo reasons to contact other persons spouse and expose the Affair - JUST DO IT !!

During the week I finally spoke to OM's spouse. I thought that this would be very awkward and that she would hate me for doing so, but I was very wrong. As it turned out she was trying to contact me but did not know how to. I gave OP's spouse everything that I had experinecd for the last 4 -5 months. As it turns out she was very confused as she too had confronted the OM and my WW, and of course they had both denied everything. I could tell from the silence that I was confriming the worst of her fears although not fully beleiveing me just yet. We spoke for ages and whilst she sounded very confused she was extremely grateful for having spoken to me. She was truly touched / grateful that I contacted her and that I offered to help her in any way that I could. We made a pact to keep our discussions a secret ( for now anyway) because it may allow her the opportrunity to watch her husband lying to her whilst she knows she is being betrayed. She obviously loves her husbnd very much and although she thinks this is his first foray into the world of cheating, sadly I know differently.
Telling her was also very theraputic for me. It lanced a festering wound deep inside of me allowing the infection to seep out so that I could start healing.

I wish that I had taken the advice of so many good folk at MB and contacted her sooner. There is no doubt in mt mind that I would have been in a much better position to save my marriage than I am now had I told sooner. The two of us could have co-ordinated our plans and exerted pressure from both sides of the fence, as opposed to me doing it on my own for so long.
We are planning to keep in contact, but even if she chooses not to, I have done my part and given her the information that I so desperately craved when I first found out. It has also helped me because I knew deep inside of me that I should have told her much sooner, she, as do all BS have the right to know.

YES I do feel better as a result of having told her and for the right reasons. I think it will as has been said expose the A to the cold hard light of day!!!

<small>[ October 10, 2004, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: RenaissanceMan ]</small>

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 7,093
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 7,093
Bravo!!!

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 10,060
RM - good job.

Please consider pasting the text from your post into my exposure reference post, "Affair Exposure 101." A ggod place would be in the sub-post, "On Informing OP's Spouse of the Affair."

I'll bump up 101 for you.

<small>[ October 11, 2004, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: worthatry ]</small>

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,107
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,107
Great brave work ! This will pay you dividends.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 271
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 271
Weaver, WAT and Bob Pure, thanks for the encouragement. It has already paid dividends. apparently the OP broke down and fessed up about most of what was going on. As a result it may have at least allowed the OP's marriage to be saved so that's something. My WW has yet to come clean about everything to me so I am still a very frustrated and dissapointed person. WW is feeling very dejected at the moment as I plan B'd her and within 24hrs the OP dumped her as a result of exposure. A very cruel twist of fate for her. Being in Plan B I have tried to avoid conversation with her but she rang me and I offered some firm but sympathetic words. Have not spoke since then and this will be tough...
WAT- Thank you, I added to your post as requested.

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 7,093
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 7,093
Wow, my stomach hurts just reading this.

Stay strong and I will be praying and hoping that she comes around soon.

Hopefully, some experts will come on and advise you now.

Call them out if necessary, ok?

((((RenaissanceMan))))

Hang in there, I know this has got to be incredibly emotional for you.


Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0