Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 114 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 113 114
B
B
I would contact Y-guys wife and see if he has "plans" for that night too.

M
M
Good idear, believer!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I would contact Y-guys wife and see if he has "plans" for that night too.

I've thought about that, but I don't know if she wants to talk to me after the job thing...

B
B
Hi Gramn - You are up late tonight. I would still try to contact Y-guy's wife. By the way, did you get your divorce papers yet?

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi Gramn - You are up late tonight. I would still try to contact Y-guy's wife. By the way, did you get your divorce papers yet?

No papers yet. Not that I want them, but they are sure taking their time about it.

D-Day 6-13-05 Plan B began 9-29-05
B
B
Hmmm. Well, they may not be coming. Hope you can get some sleep tonight.

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hmmm. Well, they may not be coming. Hope you can get some sleep tonight.

As usual, I did't get nearly enough sleep. Sure I layed in bed, but that didn't do much good.

B
B
Gramn -

I remember the long lonely sleepless nights. I went around like a zombie for months. It is completely miserable.

I think what helped me most was detaching. I decided that I was going to take care of myself and be fine, whether WH came back or didn't. He didn't. But I am doing fine now.

You will get there too.

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, I just called her... I am really paranoid about this "What if they get back together?" stuff.

She is back at the Y this morning. (as a guest) Why exactly did she quit? I thought that she didn't want to be seen around there? Maybe she thought he'd get his job back if she stayed away.

Apparently YGuy is still out of a job. (Which she sobbed to me) So, apparently he didn't get it back.

So, I didn't find out much, but at least I know that.

B
B
Well maybe she will invite you out to lunch to yell at you or sob to you about Y-guy. See, there's always something to look forward to.

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well maybe she will invite you out to lunch to yell at you or sob to you about Y-guy. See, there's always something to look forward to.

Ah, my old friend sarcasm...

M
M
I'm sorry to say again...

Assume that they are still in contact, at least by phone, unless you have proof to the contrary....

Straight out of the mouth of Steve Harley....

Allows you to maintain a sense of power and to be proactive....

Again, just trying to discourage you from making the same mistakes I did....

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
She seems pretty bitter today. I tried to talk to her about the job thing, but she was in a hurry to get off the phone.

She mainly called to see if I'd been served yet, and I haven't. She was annoyed...

L
L
She mainly called to see if I'd been served yet, and I haven't. She was annoyed...

((((Gramm))))

Two quick observations:

1. When you get served it's going to hurt. When you read all the crazy stuff in there, it's going to hurt. Be prepared for that. Have a friend on stand-by.

2. Misery loves company. Why do you think she's so anxious for you to get served? I happen to think that in her fogged out mind she sees it as revenge for you screwing up her little love nest. She wants to hear your pain and quite frankly hurt you. Don't give her that satisfaction. If she asks about it, simply say, my lawyer is working on a response and leave it at that......

Hugz, Thoughtz, & Prayerz

Bill
O
Owl Offline
O
Have you told her yet that you won't agree to a divorce? It sounds like she's expecting you to go along with this without any issue...which I'm assuming you're not?

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Have you told her yet that you won't agree to a divorce? It sounds like she's expecting you to go along with this without any issue...which I'm assuming you're not?

She knows I don't want it. That was why I made her file it and do everything. I'll respond, and I'm as ready as I can be, but she had to be the one to start it.

-----------------
As for the filing "hurting", I guess the actual fact of it will hurt, but she already has told me about what she is seeking, so I dont expect that to be much of a surprise.

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I just got the papers....
----------------------------------------

OK, she says that she is planning to sign for this apartment today and wants me to feel guilty for not moving out.

She says "I'd like to stay in our house with Daughter, but you won't move out so I have to do this!"

She estimates that the place will cost her $630 per mo, which I know is way more than she can afford.

S
S
How are YOU doing, Gramn?

Hang in there. Prayers offered up for you right now.

slh

G
Gramn Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I'm doing pretty crappy, but hanging in there.

Most if this document is exactly what I expected, but listen to this part under "Parental Rights & Responisibities"

... An award of custody is necessary because Plaintiff has temporarilly removed herself from the marital residence and intends to establish a permanant independant residence in the immediate future. She has secured employment as a part time teacher beginning in Aug. that will assist her to be able to afford her independant living expenses. The relationship between the parties in the residence is extremely tense, volitile and emotionally unhealthy for the parties and the child. In an express effort to emotionally blackmail Plaintiff, Defendant has very publically caused teh termination of Plaintiff's paramour from his employment and actively attempted to alienate the support of Plaintiff's friends & family"

T
T
Wow, that is amazing that it actually is admitting an affair in those papers. I guess if you are in a no fault state that won't matter. I can't see how that makes it any better for her to get any more custody than you. Should be interesting to hear what your lawyer has to say about that.

It the court supposed to feel badly about you messing with the OM's loss of job because of his choice to have an A with your W? Weird. Do they have alienation of affection in your state. If so, I would consider filing against OM. I can't see where you are at fault at all.

Any volatility in your house is due to her attitude anyway.

Last edited by Trix; 07/14/05 01:15 PM.

Married 1976
Me:BS
Him:FWS
MB Weekend March 2003
2 S's: '77 & '80, 1 D: '82
Page 60 of 114 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 113 114

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 459 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation