Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 340
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 340
On this day 15th of July I married the man of my dreams, I would never guess it would end like this. Last year I was doing Plan B with no contact when suddenly four days later I receive divorce papers from a state thousands of miles away.

This anniversary was going to be special, we were planning to renew our vows in Las Vegas, we were talking about it since our 10th anniversary. Now we are divorced and he lives in Las Vegas with the OW, not the way I had pictured it.

Two years ago I started planning a scrapbook of our wedding day. I did make a scrapbook before, but they didn't have the scrapbooking supplies like they have today. I had to be creative by using bride magazines, the computer and party favors. So I thought I would surprise him with a new scrapbook of our memories. I started to buy the supplies when we were still living together. Some of my friends think I should go ahead with the scrapbook (just for me) because it might be good therapy. I don't know what to do, its hard to but the banner "Happily ever after" when the marriage is over. Then again it is an event in my life and one of the happiest days of my life.

I plan on pampering myself today, but as I look to the future, will this date ever become another day on the calendar. There is this woman at work who would have been married twenty years on June 12th, even though she has been divorce for ten years, and married to someone else, she told me every time that date comes around the memories pop back up.

I know I should not be doing this to myself, but I wonder if I'm going to cross his mind today. I already have been reminded of him this morning, I received a call from his High School Reunion Committee, trying to locate him. I'm thinking of emailing him the info but I will wait a couple of days, I don't want to email him on our 15th wedding anniversary.

I know I have to move on with my life now, and everyone tells me it takes about two years. I just don't know how you stop loving someone.


BS (Me)41
WH 41
D-day 1/7/04
H moved out 3/4/04
Served Vegas Divorce 7/19/04
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,539
Just thinking of you and wondering how the day went. I hope you spoiled yourself instead of feeling down.


Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Separation
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:24 PM
beverage sizes in large office
by elambush - 09/04/26 11:22 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,659
Posts2,323,617
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0