Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hi, Friends:<P>Just a quick update on me and Petunia. Remember a week and a half ago I told y'all that I was gonna be a Dallas County DA? Well, them plans has changed! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] That would have been a cool job, but I got an offer the next day from the Texas Attorney General's Office in Austin, so it looks like Petunia and I are moving to Central Texas.<P>Crazy, I know, but it'll be a good change for us.<P>Thanks to all of y'all who listened to me b**ch and moan about my job.<P>Just thought y'all would like to know the update.<P>Take care!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<p>[This message has been edited by Lone Star (edited September 27, 1999).]

R
R
Lone Star,<P>That is so cool !!! When do you guys go? It will be so good for you to 'start new'...I am happy for you both. Now you will be an attorney general?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>What city will you be in?<P>It's just great !!<P>keep us posted...<P>-interplanet janet<P>

Y
OP Offline
Y
Hiya, Janet.<P>Good to hear from you. Yep, I'll be an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Texas. It's amazing. I went 4 1/2 months with NO job offers, and now I get two offers (and two other interviews) in the same week.<P>Petunia and I will live in Austin, Texas. It's the state capitol, and it's in Central Texas. It's about 3 hours southwest of Dallas, about 2 1/2 hours northwest of Houston, about 1 hour east of San Antonio, right in the HEART of the Lone Star State.<P>We went down to visit this weekend, and we liked it. We still like Dallas better, and hope to return some day, but the job opportunity was too good to pass up. I'll be getting back into employment law, which is what I've been WANTING to do for a long time.<P>It'll be hard to leave all our friends and family here, but everybody I talked to says we'll love living in Austin, and they promised to visit often.<P>So, we'll be moving on October 8. I start work on October 11. Petunia's looking for a job down there now. We have SO much to do to get ready to go.<P>I'll be sure to let y'all know when we get settled. Believe me, I'm gonna need my MB friends!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P><BR>

R
R
We will be here [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]...hey, my Uncle lives in Austin.."Bill" and I keep meaning to go visit...to I hear the four of us getting a beer [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ???<P>Well, who knows when we'd make it down there but it would be nice to meet you and Petunia.<P>Congrats though, wow. You not only got some job offers, but some pretty cool ones at that!! I bet Petunia is proud of her man. You'll do great...such a logical thinker.. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Something that I have appreciated these many months.<P>Yes, moving is fun in a lot of ways but stressful too. A new adventure. I am just happy that it is a fresh start.<P>This weekend was tough for me. With my H in Syracuse I have been almost unbearably lonely. He was so sweet though. Telling me when those feelings come, just remember how much he loves me !!! He said he can't wait to grow old with me.. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] If I had lost him I swear I would be dead right now. There is no doubt.<P>Well keep in touch as things progress!!<P>talk to you soon<BR>-janet

Y
OP Offline
Y
Janet,<P>You're a lucky woman! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] "Bill" is pretty lucky too, though! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I know I would love to get together with you guys if you ever come down to Austin. Just let me know if you're gonna be there, and I'll be sure to set something up!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P><BR>

N
N
Hey LS!!!<P>Looks like you are going to be only a hop away from me!!! Remember I live in San Antonio. Let me just say this...YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE AUSTIN!!!!.<P>It is a wonderful city to live in...clean, educated, great schools, and beautiful parks and rivers. Remember too that San Antonio is a beautiful city too. It is only about 40 minutes away and you have the rivers in between.<P>There is soooo much to do down here in the Austin/SA area. Great place for young couples.<P>I think maybe we will eventually get together after all. Don't know if wife would be up for it but maybe we will meet some time....<P>Congrats!!

E
E
Lone Star -- I have been thinking about you and Petunia a lot lately, wondering how you were doing.<P>I think I agree with you, this job will be much better than the first offer. Congratulations.<P>My parents live in San Antonio, and all they do is rave about how nice the whole area is.<P>Good Luck my friend, and keep us posted.<P>God Bless

Y
Y
Yay for you and Petunia! H has been looking at Austin as a possible place for us to land. We are Okies lost on the eastern seaboard at this point and would love to get back west. <P>------------------<BR>Joan

Y
OP Offline
Y
What part of Oklahoma are ya from, Joanie?<P>If you're a Sooner fan, then Austin may be too much for you to take! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] That's gonna be the biggest adjustment for me. I'm no Sooner fan, but I'm not the biggest Longhorn guy either. Gonna be hard to open the Sports Page every day and see articles about UT all over the place! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Good luck in getting back to God's Country! I've never lived out East, but I don't think I'd ever want to either! I spent 3 years in Chicago, and that was "east" enough for me. Great city, but I think I like it better as a tourist!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

Y
Y
Oh, poop. Y'all make "out east" sound like it's populated by martians. It's been populated by ME since 1964 when my family moved to CT! Been a New Englander ever since. And we have ocean. Nah-nyaahh. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Great news, Cowboy Dan. Now, we LOOOOVE San Antonio... I'm SURE we'll be back there some day... can we join the beer-fest? (& if you're ever in the Providence - you know, like the show! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] - Newport - you know, like the mansions! - Boston - you know, like the BEANS! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] - area: give a holler!

R
R
Suse,<P>You and Dunc ALWAYS make me laugh! Thanks so much-just had to let you know.<P>I'm a Upstate NY'er. Yep...us tough eastern folk know how to deal with 300 inches of snow per winter right?? We ain't afraid just shovel it - right??!! <BR>'<BR>Glad you are doing well see ya around..

Y
OP Offline
Y
Suse:<P>Wish I'd known you and Dunc back in 1995. I spent 6 weeks in Connecticut (all OVER the state) when i worked at my first job. I was there from September to the middle of October. Talk about a pretty Autumn! WOW!<P>Anyhoo, I have no problem with the east coast. At least not with MOST people who live there [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] A couple of my best friends in Law School were from New York, and a couple of others were from Boston and Hartford, so I ain't no Eastern bigot!<P>It's just that growing up in Texas, I can't really imagine living anywhere else!<P>As for the beerfest, PLEASE let us know when you're coming! We'd LOVE to meet y'all. I don't necessarily share your enthusiasm for San Antonio, but I can stomach it for a day or two! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<p>[This message has been edited by Lone Star (edited September 27, 1999).]

Y
Y
Ahhhhhh! I love this game! (as they say in the NBA).<P>There are times when I get such a kick out of being here in MB. LS, rjr, Broken, all ya'll are such a hoot. We really do have to get some kind of reunion going sometime. It'd be a blast. Geee, how's San Antonio sound? (hint hint).<P>I'm sure you guys couldn't tell how much both Suse and I love visiting the Great State (that's right we're not from Texas). We were down in Dallas together last spring. Additionally, I was in SA a few months thereafter. I've got a conference there in the fall of 2000. Hyatt Hill Country, of all places, not too shabby. We just HAD to go visit!<P>As for Austin? Our bestest, bestest friends both went to UT. They're now in NM, but geez, are they Texan to the core. We just love 'em. So, any excuse to visit, we'll manage to work it out.<P>Oh, and btw...Janet. Speaking of shovelling? Hey, at least in Upstate they're shovelling snow mostly. You know how it is in Texas. Shovelling what? Why do they wear those boots? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>On other notes, I agree with Janet. Moving is such an adventure. New jobs, new surroundings. Fascinating stuff, that. You two will have a blast. And, if you need any inside hints on what to do with yourselves up there? I've a few friends who could suggest. Not that you need 'em!<P>Back to Janet for a sec.... re: your comments on separation via Syracuse. Suse and I DO understand. We talked about you over dinner and a glass of wine tonite. We smiled. That's really neat. True, you're separated. Only temporarily, and physically. Emotionally, you're one. *sighs* Nice.<P>Best to all. Catch you soon.<P>

R
R
Dunc and Suse,<P>Nothing better than a glass of wine with dinner...well ok, two glasses... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>How sweet. Yes, you are right. In heart one. He holds me together you know, literally.<P>I am SO looking forward to the day where I can forgive myself enough to love him as he seems to completely love me. I don't know why he does, but I don't want it to stop. He told me he can't imagine being with anyone then me...real or imagined... (guess the boy needs some imagination classes huh?) ha!<P>You two inspire me. You truely do. It is my deepest hope that you have every ounce of the love you sound like you hold. I want it too, and would die if I knew it wasn't true. (so don't mess me up kids... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) because I'm wanting to strive for it like the last few yards of a race..<P>Thanks for being here.<P>-Janet

Y
OP Offline
Y
Janet, STOP! You're making me all misty-eyed!<P>As for the boots, Duncky, we wear 'em because of all that BS that filters in from the Northeast! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>But seriously . . . We may take you up on that get together in San Antone. I haven't been there in a few years, so mebbe it would be good to get back and see what I've been missin'.<P>Hope all is well with y'all!<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

Y
Y
Hey gang,<P>You all are so much fun, it'd be great to get together. We'd have a problem tho'.... hmmmm...what to drink? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lessee...when in Texas? Nothing better mebbee than a perfect, classic Margarita. <BR>Then again, wine so easily works for me! Oh, let it be Zinfandel! Turley, if we could get it, Ridge or Kunde Old Vines would do. Hey, for that matter, I'd even drink Lone Star beer. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Oh and Janet? I'm with Cowboy Dan on this one... "Bill's" pretty dang lucky. You're a special gal. And you both have a new perspective on "you". This time is such an opportunity for you both. It'll make your relationship stronger and deeper.<P>Sure, I do understand the hangover caused by infidelity. It's that "pond scum" thing Suse always talks about (hi Suse!). I sense you're like Suse in that regard. "How could he adore me when I don't adore myself?"<P>Janet, give yourself permission to cut it loose. Trust me, the freedom will feel wonderful. And please, if you want to yak about it more, I'm sure Suse would give you her perspective. It took us a loooooong time to get where we are today.<P>You're a really, really neat person. Your H thinks you're pretty cool. Revel in it. Savor every moment.<P>Be well.

T
T
As my 6 year old would say<P><BR>Way Cool! Awesome, Dude!!!!<P>Congratulations.<BR>TNT

S
S
Hi Lone Star<BR>Good to hear from you again. It has been a while. Also good to hear about your success in the job market. Just wanted to say thanks. You may not remember me but you were on her providing encouragement when I first came to this forum back in March. Best of luck to you and Petunia.

Y
OP Offline
Y
I remember you, Sailor.<P>Glad to see you back around. Thanks for the good wishes, and I feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that I helped you out when you needed it.<P>I hope you know how much hearing your story and your struggles helped ME too. I've really enjoyed reading your posts because you always seem to see an angle I hadn't really thought of before.<P>Be sure to keep in touch.<P>------------------<BR>/// Lone Star * ///<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation