Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
OP Offline
H
I think my beliefs are more about a relationship with God.

My statement about walking away was frustration that my wife has made it clear for years that she does not want to be with me. I think she would be very happy if I left and I think she feels trapped in a marriage with someone she doesn't want. Being with her is just making her more unhappy and I don't think I can ever change to be the person she wants. I only know how to be me.

I really have no desire to leave and will continue to work on things. But sometimes all the empty years get the better of me and I wonder what it would be like to buy a nicer house. Then I get back to reality and back to trying to fix the marriage.

C
C
In studying Dr. Harley's principles it became very apparent that he had something worthwhile.

Husbands are admonished frequently to love their wives. But an measurable infrastructure for the "how" is usually not readily apparent.

Dr. Harley's material give both spouses that infrastructure.

If the husband initiates, what better way for the wife to "respect her husband" than to respond favorably to him?

Eph 5:33. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

It will be a good day for us when husbands and wives take the time to get to the place of agreeing to meet the most important emotional needs - allowing them to be what God intended after creation of a counterpart* along side the first man.

*[Counterpart] or "mate" is a more literal translation for the Hebrew word "neged," rather than the connoted "helper" we usually hear of.

So my hope is this - that Christians will get a glimpse of the truth that their relationship with their spouses is reflective of their relationship with God.

Go figgure: Is our christianity something of convience? It tragically is when an application of scriptural imperitives are brushed aside.

ie 1John 4: 20. If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.
21. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Would you not look for the same from the Husband/Wife relationship?

Is there presented any Higher "spiritual cause."

May it be so.

c

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation