Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 105 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 104 105
K
K
Hurtin-

It's time to stand up, no matter how beaten down you feel, and start telling your story to every lawyer, every woman's shelter, and refuse to let you and your children starve.

DO NOT TALK TO HIM - he's looking for humiliation and to grind your face into the dirt. DO NOT GIVE HIM ANY MORE SATISFACTION.

Tell his friends and co-workers he's forcing his children into starvation. Tell every banker, every creditor, etc.

Become like a pit bull collection agent yourself and use every means at your disposal (legal) to force spousal and child support.

You've been given this advice before, but told us there's nothing out there that will help you. For a woman who wants to be helpless, that's a fact. For a woman who's angry, fed up, and empowered, there's no such thing as no resources.

They're out there. You just have to be willing to go past the first "no" to ask, who do you recommend I see in my situation - I have had no income since ______ date - at what point will legal aid help me?

Keep asking. Become as the woman in the Bible who kept asking the unrighteous judge for support, and because she wearied him, he caved in.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
M
M
I agree with Kayly. Time to stand up.

He is abandoning you and the children and that is illegal.

What happened when you went to Social Services and applied for Food Stamps?

I would think they would go after him and begin to garnish his wages. That is what would happen in my state....

DO NOT TALK TO HIM...

He does want you to beg him.

YUCK!!!!

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
G
G
Can't you get a para-legal or something? Call every woman lawyer in town. There is bound to be one that has been royally screwed over by her spouse. Maybe you should try the ones that are devoutly Christian. Lots of attorneys do pro bono (free) work. You are in a desperate situation with a man who really has "done you wrong". You need to pull some heartstrings.

Is there a university in your town or nearby? Maybe you can get a student to do it for you. They need practice.

Don't let the lack of $$ stop you from protecting yourself and your children. Sell the stupid tools. Get a receipt or any documentation you need. WH has cut you off without any money. You have to support yourself. You have gotten a job but have urgent needs that you have to do something about. No court is going to see it any other way.

Take care of yourself!

Grapes are versatile. Grapes can be sour, sweet, sublime as wine and fabulous even when old and dried out.

Me: BS
XCH: Clueless
2-DS: Bigger than me
1-DD: Now also bigger than me!

5/6: Personally served CH with divorce papers
6/6: CH F? wants to time to see if M can be saved
7/6: FCH reenters our lives to work on marriage but secretly signs papers to start divorce...what's that about?
Mediation set for November
Final dissolution in January 2007.
2008 and beyond: Life goes on...
H
OP Offline
H
orchid,

To be honest we have no other accounts. We were the family who lived paycheck to paycheck... We don't really have any assets and to be honest nothing worth selling.... I am not making excuses its the truth. I was out looking at WH's tools yesterday and a lot of them are in bad shape due to him and the boys leaving them laying around and have gotten rusty and stuff. So probably not much worth in them either...

Everything we have is not worth much. I have no expensive jewlry or furniture. This new accoubnt he has does not have my name on it so I can't get to it.

I do have a call in to a lawyer my friend recommended but I can't talk to him until Monday.... I am praying he will help me. In a way I wish WH would file not that I want that but at least it would give me a legal recourse for money.....

I have tried family for money but none of them can help as they are all pretty finanacially strapped as well.....

I am at a lose as what to do now ...

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
D-Day- June17, 2005 while I was 1400 miles away
WH living with OW since July 05
WH filed divorce papers Dec. 22, 05
Divorced granted June 28, 06
M
M
What about the District Attorney's Office??

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
H
OP Offline
H
I never thought of that mimi....

I have talked to several women lawyers and none of them will do anything.... I swear everyone I have talked to wants money up front... They all feel bad for me but won't help....

Social Services another big joke..... Yeah they will help me with 289.00 a month and then they want me to turn over any other money I get to them... Now why would I take 289.00 a month from them and then turn over any other money I get.... I make more than that at work..... Believe me I went there and that the response I got .... I told them i make that much and more by myself....

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
H
OP Offline
H
Well I am beginning to think that I should just give up on my marriage now. I do believe he is truly done now.

I don't know if I can get past this myself. It would take a lot for me to forgive this kind of treatment. I do love him but can I ever trust him again or have faith in him...

If he is trying to get me to hate him it won't take much more for me to get there now.... Maybe this is the person he will be for the rest of his life.... Maybe this is really who he was all these years and something triggered it to come out....

he must really hate me to be able to be like this.

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
L
L
Hurting,

You won't lose your internet service or will you...?

Do you think your H would at least pay the bills. Does he have the bills in his keeping or do you have them?

Love, Lady

L
L
Your WH will do anything for attention, only now he's gone to far.

H
OP Offline
H
lady,

if I don't pay the internet soon I may lose it....

I get all the bills they come to the house..... But he said last week to DD since he does not live here none of them are his responsibility ..... They are mine and hers.... Thats all I w ant the money for is the bills and he feels since he does not use the utilities they are not his... thast about all the bills we have except for car and house insurance... And he says he is taking his truck off the insurance and getting his own so the car insurance is mine to .... He truly feels no resposibilty to any of it .... He knows how much money I am making and he knows what the bills run and he knows I don't make enough to cover them.... But he just does not seem to care...

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
H
OP Offline
H
Your right Lady he has gone way to far.... I don't know now if I can ever get past this ....

I really don't know if I could ever live with him again... The hurt is now way to deep......

I could get past the betrayl but can i get past the fact he has cut us off finacially and is making us suffer so...

I know I was not perfect but I never did anything that deserved this nor did my children.... How can he hate us so much?????

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
L
L
He is responsible for all bills Hurting!!

H
OP Offline
H
I know Lady but he does not see it that way..... And without the law telling him that he won't pay them..... I can tell him that all day long but he won't listen....

This gets even better DD just called out there and the answering machine came on.... It say Hi you have reached ####### and myself, my mom or WH are not here please leave a message...... They now have his name on the answering machine ......

This is crazy ...... I must be a fool to think he will ever have guilt or want to come home.....

Last edited by hurtinginokla; 10/15/05 01:36 PM.

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
L
L
I just hope you can get into court on a "emergency basis".
It that possible?

H
OP Offline
H
I don't see how without being able to file something ..... I am praying so hard that this attormey I talk to monday will help me .....

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
H
OP Offline
H
Do you think maybe I should write him a letter and let him know he is resposible and tell him the law is on my side?

surly he an't be that stupid to think he can walk out and not be respnsible for anything?

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
L
L
I don't know....this is concerning money, so you can contact him...maybe through a third party???

Did your DD leave a message when she called?

H
OP Offline
H
No .... she was shocked by the answering machine.... Well one thing for sure he is not hiding living there....

Seems they really think they have a future dosn't it.... I am just in shock here.... I really was stupid enough to think I could save this marriage....

BS (Me)- 47 WH - 46
Married- 24 yrs
3 children 15,19,22
2 grandsons
L
L
Is DD helping with the bills?

L
L
I'm not sure... but I think you could get Emergency Food Stamps at SS until you get on your feet financially.
They cannot make you pay them back.
Financial Aide, I'm not sure because you have a job now.

Page 12 of 105 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 104 105

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation