Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
I've got mixed emotions about this one, so any advice is appreciated.

A coworker had an affair last summer that his wife thinks is over and they are on a shaky new start, the OW has moved away too. However, by accident, I found out that the OW will be in a city nearby next week, and this coworker and her are planning to meet at a hotel.

Having been through this myself my honest reaction is to shove him out a window. If it were me, I'm not sure I would want to have someone call me to tell me this news, but I sure would want someone to try and stop him.

I don't know him well enough to talk to him. Should I:
1) mind my own business and pray?
2) call his wife anonmyously?
3) send him an anonmyous note?
4) send his boss a note?

The thought of his wife being betrayed like this is making me sick, but if you advise minding my own business, I will do so!

Susie
recovering BS

E
E
I personally would chose option #2, but I'd make darn sure it was done anonmyously. Pay phone or something.

Sing loud for the sunshine, pray hard for the rain.
O
Owl Offline
O
Aye, that or an anoymous note with the name/date/room number of the motel meeting, telling her what you know and suggest that she simply 'show up' at the room in time to catch them.

S
S
I would take it a step further, talk to the coworker and explain how you and H are recovering from infidelity, and it looks like he and his W are trying to work things out. That you had heard info that he was going to continue the A and how disrespectful, shameful, and hurtful that was.

Then I would call his W and after telling her, explain what you had told him too...

Last edited by StillHereMakingIt; 10/25/05 01:26 PM.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
M
M
I would do what SHMI suggested, only I would reverse the order. I would call the W first and then have the chat with the coworker so the coworker wouldn't have an opportunity to pre-empt me.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Add to this...give the BW the link here so we might help her. And suggest a few of the books (SAA, ENs, etc).

In His arms.

Standing in His Presence

FBS (me) (48)
FWW (41)
Married April 1993...
4 kids (19(B), 17(G), 14(B), 4(B))
Blessed by God more than I deserve
"If Jesus is your co-pilot...you need to change seats!"

Link: The Roles of Husbands and Wives
J
J
I would call her and let her know WH's plans. Encourage her to come here first to prepare her plan A, then catch them at hotel.

I wish like everything that my WH's buddy would have told me what was going on so I could have protected myself and had a plan. A lot of damage was done after d-day since I just didn't understand the dynamics.

Me-41 BS (FWS)
DH-41 WS (FBS)
2DD's- 10 and 12
Married 15 years
Separated for 2 years after my A
Reconciled for 1 year before his A
D-day for his A 8/23/05
WH moved out 9/16/05
Divorce final 1/23/07
Affair ended or month or so later
My Story
E
E
Let's put it this way, if I weren't sure enough of my facts to come forward without speaking anonymously (or sending anonymous notes), I wouldn't tell. If I were sure enough of my facts to reveal everything I knew, including who I am and how I know, as well as the name(s) of my sources, then I would tell.

R
R
I would call BW first - I would also telll her OW name and phone number -if OW is married. I wish someone had told me -my WH kept me guessing for ever until I found out. You are doing the right thing. She needs to know. Coming here for help is a super thing for her.

married 21
Together 26 -
OW 2yrs, he worked with her and found secret e-mail account.The first cut is the deepest.
just found out H is a serial cheater - total cut to pieces now- saw a D lawyer today.
E
E
I found this website and even though it deals primarily with breaking bad news to children and teens, it does have some general rules that may apply to your situation:
Breaking Bad News-skylight

J
J
While I understand your empathy for the BW, I would stay away from the situation. You would be getting yourself in the middle of a very bad situation.

If you do get involved, I suspect the end result will be that you will be blamed for all the ills that befall the BW, WH and OW.

FWS Married: 1976 AS: 1991 D-Day: 1992 AE: 1993 Still married.
C
C
Susie,

I have and I did. I walked away from a 14 year friendship until my female friend( OW) abandons the R with her now divorcing physician "friend". I told her that I would like to continue our relationship but that would not include any activities with her new beau.

Her choice was the new man in her life. I sent her Dr Dobson's and Dr Pittman's books but I don't know if she has read them or simply tossed them away.

Divorced:
"Never shelter anyone from the realities of their decisions": Noodle

You believe easily what you hope for ernestly

Infidelity does not kill marriages, the lying does
A
A
I would probably call the wife and say something like, I know the difficulties you have been going through and can sympathize because I have been going through something similar. I know if someone knew something that could help me I would want to know and that is why I am calling you. A conversation was overheard where your husband is possibly planning to contact the OW and I just wanted to make you aware. I know it if we me I would want to know before things got out of hand.

It's better to stop it before it happens than to let it happen.

R
R
Send his wife a note (annon if preferred) with the logistics of their planned hotel meeting. She deserves to know her husband is still in cheating mode.

I wouldn't alert him as it won't cause him to quit. He'll just get sneakier next time.

B
B
I would tell, his W should not be led on to believe everything is fine. I know that the OW my H had the affair with will be coming back, but yet don't know when, it's like your life is on the edge when you hear news like that. It brings back so many things, but yet we are going to counceing, so I'm praying that when she gets back in town and tries to even contact him, he will not even respond to her. He has been honest with me so far about things, so I think that's why you should tell everything that you know, to prevent even more hurt.

S
S
I would want to know. If I was the one disclosing, I would want to do it annon so I didn't become the target for the fallout. However, if I was on the receiving end and received an annon tip, I would forever feel like everyone in the world knew and was talking about it behind my back. I would feel like a fool. No easy answer.

Question: How exactly does this type of information get "leaked"? I'm sure the married man did not discuss it at the water cooler. I wonder if the OW let it slip hoping it would get back to the wife and drive a wedge in their marriage.

Me/BS 48
Married 16 yrs/together 23; 1 child
Dday 4/05; WH "needed space" and left 5/05
WH Filed D papers 6/05 - Divorce final 12/05
WH moved in with OW 11/05; moved out OW 1/06
12/06 His 3rd and strongest attempt at reconcilliation (I believe OW still in picture)
2/07 Affair over, begging me to take him back - it's too late.
WH has tried numerous times to reconcile.
P
P
Shattered,

You said: [color:"blue"] However, if I was on the receiving end and received an annon tip, I would forever feel like everyone in the world knew and was talking about it behind my back. I would feel like a fool. No easy answer.[/color]

I don’t know about you but that’s how I felt about it anyhow.

I would expose it myself. It would probably be anonymously at that.

I wish someone would have anonymously exposed to me. Maybe it wouldn’t have been the full Monty that it turned out to be.

Make a note out of clipped out letters from magazines. Hehe.

Plank.

Plank.

My "Feelings on Honesty", My "Reasons why:", The Affair World

Without MB we knew just enough about M to be danjrus.
A
A
I can't really say what "I would do", as I would have to feel confident that I had all the facts, but I can say what I would want if it were my FWH & his OW. I would want the information on the whereabouts of the rendezvous so I could be there to see it with my own eyes. At initial discovery, I probably couldn't have handled it, but now I'm much more wise than I was 18 months ago aka my former life.

AnnieT
L
L
Tell. Lots of good suggestions here as to how.

No one should have to endure the pain that we have/are.
No one should have to live blindly.

B
B
This is just too much like my situation, which area are you in if you don't mind me asking. The on my H had an A with is coming back to the area, just wandering.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation