New poster here and although I don't normally seek this type of input from strangers on internet sites, I am going to make an exception here because it seems like so many of you are extremely intelligent clever guys.

Here's the situation:

I am engaged to an incredible woman whom Ive been seeing for three years. We live together. I met her shortly after I had gotten divorced and remember saying to myself upon first seeing her "that will be my next wife." She's damn attractive, educated, professional and has never exhibited any of the traits most women do that men find so unnappealing (ie., controlling, jealousy). We live together, I come and go as I please, stay out till wee hours, go to Vegas with friends two three four times a year etc. In short, and at the risk of sounding conceited, I can honestly say that nine out of ten men would think they have hit the lottery with this woman.

But not me (I'm the one out of ten) who's created a problem for himself. Although, I'm only engaged and not yet married, I've had a mental, emotional and physical affair with another incredible woman in the last month or so - something I never thought I would be capable of doing mind you. She is a colleague who started working with me 5 months ago. I was immediately struck by how attractive she was as was every other man in the office. We got to be friends, real close friends the first three months (by going to lunch, taking smoke breaks) etc.

These work breaks eventually turned into after-work cocktails. Classic seeds of an affair started displaying themselves almost immediately as we started discussing serious life issues like happpiness, love, yadda yadda yadda. We both had divorce in common. This was always of course accompanied by flirtation and fueled by alcohol (the ultimate truth serum). The emotional affair deepened over the summer months and was getting more and more intense. Text messaging throughout the day. Partying deep into the wee hours at dance clubs. Sexually charged conversation. Seeing each other at work the following day and laughing about it all.

In the last three weeks, momentum had been built up to such a degree that we both started not being able to function. Keep in mind, at this point nothing physical had taken place yet because I had exercised more discipline than her due to my personal situation. I let her know that I had a serious relationship I was involved in.

Two weeks ago, she invited me up after we had drinks and it was all over. It was the single most mind-blowing sexual experience of my life as she was absolutely animalistic. The situation repeated itself this past week. After the second incident, I told her that I was "on the verge of getting engaged and that she had created a serious problem for me."

Last night we had dinner and a "heart to heart" talk about the situation ensued. She said she felt awful about my "girlfriend" and apologized for whatever she had done to lead me on. She said she did not and would never regret the two sexual experiences but stated that it could never happen again as long as I am in another committed relationship. She said I was one of the most unique men she had ever met and that she would love nothing more than to have me to herself. She said we will still remain friends but not hang out at the level we were because she could not control the sexually charged environment that was always being created by our after-work activities. Her bottom-line was that she did not want to end up getting hurt and thus, she would not put herself in the position to. She basically said, Im all yours if you want me BUT you must get rid of your fiance.

All I could say was that I respected her position, apologized for creating this situation and that she was one of the most incredible women I had ever met. Truth be told, today I am feeling like a love sick puppy. This woman really has messed with my mind and I have apparently fallen for her hard. I know she is bad news and that she would never be long term marriage material. However, she made me feel "alive" unlike any other woman ever has.

Both my fiance and her have so many similarities that its uncanny: both are stunningly beautiful women, highly developed sense of style, intelligent and clever, advanced professional degrees (as a matter of fact all three of us share the same profession) are same age, and similar family backgrounds.

The key difference is my colleague is the female version of me in personality. To illustrate, she has the same exact sense of humor I do which made the courtship and subsequent affair that much more intense. We would never stop laughing at anything, anybody no matter what the situation. I can also unequivocally say that I did not realize "sex" like that was possible. She was absolutely amazing! My fiance, however, is clearly more stable, well-grounded and a lot less demanding or high-maintenance. Put another way, she is just a tad bit more boring because of this and a function that Ive been with her for three years.

My questions is simply this: what the ****** do I do here? I would love to know what anyone of you guys would do were you in my situation. How do you decide between two women whom you find to be so incredible for different reasons?

I am having a difficult time distinguishing why Ive allowed my colleague to get into my head so much. Was this purely lust? or is there something more?

I don't mean to come off as selfish bc I realize that this is a problem most men would love to have. But it is weighing heavy on me today. I have violated one of my cradinal rules that logic should always trump emotion in your thinking. Had I been thinking logically, I would have never gotten myself in this position. Unfortunately, I did and I am and now have to pay for my consequences by letting one of these two incredible women 'go"

Sorry for the long windedness of this message but wanted to get as many facts out there as possible. If anyone has had or is having a similar situation as this, I'd really appreciate any thoughts/advice/input.