Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1518367 11/09/05 10:06 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Questions on the NC Note:

Email or letter?

How do you ensure the OP get's it?

What if the BS sends the OP a NC note of their own before they read MB?? (Hey, it could happen!? ;-) Why is that good or bad if done right.. I will explain my experience with this later.

What if S wants to add their own message in the letter? Not the idea, right? It's all for the BS to feel good and confident that A has ended. S is not ready to send since S wants NO contact with OM, so should I be happy with that and leave it alone?

E
OP Offline
E
What.. No BS here has ever sent the OM a message themselves, before the WS sent a NC letter?

What about addressing the matter with the OM face to face? Mano to Mano...
Come on..

L
L
I have and all it did was have my wife and the OM say they are just friends. Still working on this though. well see more in the future.

BS 31 (me) FWW 31 (her) M - 9.5 years DD - 7 DD - 15 (step daughter) DDay - 10/2003 EA DDay - 10/2005 EA DDay - 05/2006 EA, 1/10/2007 found out was PA, 1 sexual encounter Trying to rebuild what I once had.
N
NSR Offline
N
In general, a BS shouldn't give the A any credance...
...and the MB principles say the focus is on the marriage (BS and WS) relationship... and not the (WS and OP)!

Discuss NO CONTACT with the WS...
...not the OP.

Jim/NSR

NSR #1518371 11/14/05 10:22 PM
L
L
Last night I discussed with WS my feelings further on OP. I told her not only do I want to go with my gut feelings but with the support here and my family, that all contact needs to stop. I was surprised she didn't put up a fuss. I just got 'ok'. don't know if she's doing it to shut me up, but it's a step in many to come.

today at work my two supervisors sat down to talk with me. i explained everything to them. I'm very happy with their support and help the try to offer. I think they are looking more to keep peace at the workplace. I was talking with a friend at work and brought up having to call that other dept and got the OP. My friend didn't know what was going on at the time. I asked him if he knew him. I played it like OP left a bad impression.

my friend said he knew him and that he was a bit out there. I'm like out there scary, weird, what. He said, not sure but by his motions it wasn't pretty. He asked why i was asking, so i told him. He's like i need to get ws away. He feels OP may cause some real problems, like real bad problems. We never had a chance to go in it further since we departed back to our desks after lunch. I get the feeling this can turn into some violence. I did talk with HR, they can't do anything unless ws says something, but anything off the clock, away from work property or functions, i'm free to do what ever with no threat to my job.

I have managed to get OP address, so if ws decided to pull another i want to go out with my friends act, i know where to start.

Last edited by LostAndNeedHelp; 11/14/05 10:23 PM.

BS 31 (me) FWW 31 (her) M - 9.5 years DD - 7 DD - 15 (step daughter) DDay - 10/2003 EA DDay - 10/2005 EA DDay - 05/2006 EA, 1/10/2007 found out was PA, 1 sexual encounter Trying to rebuild what I once had.
N
NSR Offline
N
Followup...

Email or letter?
...registered letter

How do you ensure the OP get's it?
...registered letter

What if the BS sends the OP a NC note of their own before they read MB??
...that's OK... but make sure the 'content' is correct...
...if not, have the WS send a 'correct' one.

What if S wants to add their own message in the letter?
NO! NO! and I repeat NO!
You should fully review and approve the letter.

Jim

NSR #1518373 11/29/05 11:36 AM
T
T
The NCL issue is flawed. IF the WS does't want to stop contact, all they have to do is email or phone the OP and tell them to ignore the letter. What should a BS do then?

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation