Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1541274 12/16/05 07:33 PM
S
sikik Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Need some advice. 12 weeks into plan B.

WW had a tough Thanksgiving, since OM went out of state for the holidays. WW spent the holiday with some distant friends and time crying at her mothers over her current situation. She’s booked a trip to the Carribean over the Christmas holiday and will be with some closer friends to avoid reality.

I've avoided most dangling carrots and have been diligent about staying dark, very dark. WW tricked me into taking her call when calling me at work on a private number. I told WW I was happy she found her soulmate and that I am ready to move on. Told her I'm ready to put the house on the market and get the D rolling. WW wanted to know why I was pushing her away. WW had an epiphany - OM does not want children and she does, so the long term prospect for A is not so rosy. We talked about her ending it with OM and WW said she needed more time. Fog babble?

WW wants me to seek individual counseling to prove I'm committed to working on M. I'm holding firm to NC with OM prior to any meetings, counseling, reconciliation talk, etc. Is this the right strategy? WW says I’ve shown her very little during Plan A and she can’t trust me. Of course WWs A instills a mountain of trust. Appreciate any feedback.

BS (me) 43 WW 30 DDay 6/10/05 Together 9 yrs Married 6 yrs
sikik #1541275 12/16/05 10:53 PM
W
W
sik,

Absolutely NC before coming out of Plan B. There is no recovery unless NC is in place.

BY the way....you need to write the NC letter together.

She needs to participate in the EN questionare and read about the other principals on this site as well.

Rachel

BS (me) - 30
FWS - 32
dd - 11
dd- 2 years
together 8 years
married 8/25/02
PA - 5/03 ended 12/31/03
Separated 3/18/04 to 6/30/04
DD 5/27/04
getting better, in recovery
M
M
WW wants me to seek individual counseling to prove I'm committed to working on M. I'm holding firm to NC with OM prior to any meetings, counseling, reconciliation talk, etc. Is this the right strategy? WW says I’ve shown her very little during Plan A and she can’t trust me. Of course WWs A instills a mountain of trust. Appreciate any feedback.

translation: your Plan B is working and she is trying to get you to break nc so she can keep you and the OM on the string at the same time. By telling you that you didn't show her much during Plan A, she hopes to manipulate you into breaking your Plan B.

Plan B is uncomfortable for her. She wants you to ease the pain of nc, but is not interested in ending her affair and committing to the marriage.

Stay dark, she isn't close to being ready. Hold out until she is really ready.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
WW wants me to seek individual counseling to prove I'm committed to working on M. WW says I’ve shown her very little during Plan A and she can’t trust me.

She is under the illusion that she is in a position to negotiate. She is not. Your position is, and should be, non-negotiable.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
sikik Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the replies. Are ultimatums a mistake to shake WS from the fence?

I've reached my threshold of pain and told WW that I was ready for D. I told her I've seen an attorney and asked her to setup appointment with a mediator or I would move forward with litigation. WW dropped the IC talk and wants to meet prior to setting up mediation appointment. MIL sends me an email at WWs request that says WW is ready to "get serious" about our relationship. If she sends NC letter, am I headed for a false recovery?

Here is what she thinks of my Plan B:

"I have waited for you to fight for me, to show me
you're serious about saving the marriage and you have
shown NO INTEREST over the past 3 months"

Is this a normal reponse to Plan B?

TIA SIK

sikik #1541279 12/22/05 09:19 PM
B
B
Listen to Melody. She is giving you good advice.

If you are really at the end of your rope, I would stay dark and set up the mediation appointment.

sikik #1541280 12/22/05 09:25 PM
B
B
Here is what she thinks of my Plan B:

"I have waited for you to fight for me, to show me
you're serious about saving the marriage and you have
shown NO INTEREST over the past 3 months"

I might be a bit dumb and I've never done Plan B myself - didn't have to but the whole purpose of Plan A and Plan B is to break up the affair.

She says ***YOU*** have no interest???? WTF?????

Surely you sent her a Plan B letter specifying what SHE had to do in order to reconcile? ANd at the very top of that list is NC and a NC Letter to OM??? Has she complied with that?

Tell MIL that your wife knows what she has to do if she is serious about your marriage. Sheesh. What is it about WW's?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #1541281 02/28/06 11:58 PM
S
sikik Offline OP
OP Offline
S
2 month update: Broke plan B to initiate D. WW said she was done with OM and wanted to reconcile. First 4 weeks we fought like never before and came very close to filing. I finally decided remorse/apology might come down the road and changed my attitude. Enjoyed 3 weeks of better times.

This morning I discover that she sent OM a nice "sympathy" gift on Valentines Day (OM is always alone on V day because OM likes to date married women). WW says gift was harmless and can't understand why NC is so important. How can I get through to WW??

sikik #1541282 03/01/06 11:02 AM
M
M
Sikik, you could get a copy of the book *Not Just Friends* by Shirley Glass and ask your WW to look at it.

You could also invite her to post here on her own thread that you will not post to yourself. There are several Former Wayward Wives (FWW) here who have been where your WW is and who are successfully recovering their marriages.

Good luck.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation