Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1548860 12/29/05 12:57 PM
J
OP Offline
J
I have a friend who recently found out his wife was cheating on him. He has the eviedence etc. He has no plans in wanting to fix the marriage and has made that clear. The wife doesn't want to either. The question he had was, should he expose his wifes affair to others? Family/freinds etc? I have no clue what to tell him he should do. I personally do not see how it will benefit anything or anyone. However thats just my opinon, so I was hoping others here could tell me if this is something he should do and if so why? Thanks in advance.

Joe

W
W
If there is an A and no intention on either's part to fix the M, then why are they still married? Doesn't sound like much of a marriage to me.

I just saw your other threads. Are we talking about your own situation? If so it sounds like something has changed.

J
OP Offline
J
No this is not about my situation, this is about a buddy of mine. This is something he just recently found out about, so yes they are still married. He found this out for sure last week. In the state in which we live people have to be seperated up to a year before a divorce can go through.

W
W
Huh. That's different. If they don't want to save the M, then what is their objective? Peaceful painless D? Fight like crazy? What are they trying to accomplish. Any kids?

J
OP Offline
J
Yes they have kids. I have no idea really what their plans are, other than divorce. I have spoken to him a few times since he told my wife and myself about his wifes affair. Its hard for him and her both I would imagine being that the wounds are still fresh. He just wanted to know if this is something he should expose to family and other friends about what has happened. Maybe its for revenge since they are not going to work it out, I really do not know. He doesn't have a computer, so when he asked my opinon on the matter, I thought I would ask what others thought about what he wants to do as far as exposing it.

Joe

W
W
JoeCool, can you send either or both of them to this website? I think they will get lots of good perspectives, and it's better to talk directly with them. They may want to start with a good vent, just to get it off their chest. Then who knows where the discussion will go. Could be the wise experienced MB posters, together with God's help, could give them a start in a new direction? Some couples talk about kiling off the old bad M and restarting with a new better M. Same cast, just a completely different script.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 554 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation