Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
he said he values his privacy.

Of all the fog excuses, the "value of privacy" really burns me. It is so lame...

Sorry for what he is putting you through my friend.

J
J
My X drank, used drugs, and eventually, cheated. I had to leave for the sake of the kids. TOOOO dysfunctional!

A
A
Me Personally never wanted a divorce. I think people just get tired of one another.

Today's third party may be tomorrow's spouse who is unhappy in their marriage.
L
L
My H is an alcoholic/addict who I thought was clean and sober, just like I thought he was a faithful husband. I suspected almost constant EA/PA's during our 18 years together, but he always vehemently denied my suspicions, which I now assume were all true.

5+ years ago he moved in with latest MOW, yet I still tried to save our M. I filed after 6 months because he'd moved back home, then kicked me out, moved MOW in, then kicked the kids out when they protested! Even Steve Harley recommended Dv in our case. I filed in order to get a RO and to get back into the house with the kids. We've had NC for over 3 1/2 years.

He's resisted the Dv every step of the way, I'm assuming for financial reasons, but I'm hoping it will happen this year.

FBS, D'day 12/00 * NC since 5/02 * divorce final 5/06 * property settlement 9/06 What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D
D
Because she lost all respect for me, our children and our famlies. After months of plan A efforts and all I could do to slow her down she still chose to continue the A and to take it public for all to see and marvel at. Sometimes you just have to let go and let the fire run it's course. If there's anything left after the firestorm then you can try to rebuild. At least that is my hope. I am just trying not to get too close to the flame and burn up myself.

Dukhuntr

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that opened for us" - Helen Keller
I
I
Number One Reason - He could't possibly love/respect me anymore - why live w/someone who doesn't love/respect you???

Doesn't respect me or himself
Serial cheat
Never made an attempt to recover or stop his cheating ways
Blames me for his A's
Verbal & physically abuse (classic textbook cheat)
Degrades my personality as well as my looks (totally uncalled for)
Feels his A's are none of my business
Demoralized me at our business by having A's w/3 different employees (that I know of)
Spends "our" money in strip bars/drinking/OW/loser friends
Apparently feels his many OW are more valuable than I am
Will have SF w/anyone (which represent NO CLASS to me)
Doesn't have the [email]B@@@@[/email] to leave our marital home - but has the [email]B@@@@[/email] to behave like a single man
All the lies and deceipt until he was caught red handed
Doesn't have the [email]B@@@@[/email] to stop cheating - (I think he believes it's a true sign of being man/being successful by having A's)
"Buys" friendship like he thought he bought a wife
Isn't the man I thought he was
Used me and my easy going nature against me
Denied me SF for YEARS....while he "got it" elsewhere
Because I'm the only one in theraphy
ETC., ETC., ETC........

C
C

You try and pray until there is no longer any hope. Only then, do you try to move on w/o WS. That is when the real pain begins. [/quote]

C
C
I didnt mean to edit your post fbwidow I'm sooo sorry. I was trying to use the quote thing and I got all your post so I edit the top part and I didnt know it was messing with your post. I am not real computter smart. I just wanted to tell you how true your statement was. I prayed and prayed and hoped that the divorce would never happen and it did and I have been in so much more pain. He divorced me due to another woman and is still in a fog. She went back to her boyfriend but he still has hope she will want him back I think. He is dating another woman now but I still think he is waiting for her. Why do I still love this man......

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 507 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation