Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1598414 02/24/06 11:02 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 530
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 530
Good Morning Two,

I checked your profile and didn't see your email address listed there. I will be happy to send the article, just let me know where to send it.

How are you doing this morning? I hope you are feeling better, but I know sometimes that takes a while.

Tired41


BH (41), WW (40) D-Day 9/4/05 DS(15), DSS(13) Divorce Filed 1/9/05
Tired41 #1598415 02/24/06 12:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
My DD stayed the night with me and after I went to work today he decided for the first time to come to the house. She has loved him like a father for 16 years and is so angry at him! He acted like she wasnt even there and just went about taking whatever he wanted (printer, CD's etc) and then just left. He wouldn't even speak to me on the phone.

I have not heard the sound of his voice for two weeks.


BW 47 WH 48 D-day 6/28/05 Divorcing 2/06
twoblue #1598416 02/24/06 12:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 586
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 586
How sad. That really is so sad. To me, it's one thing to walk away from you...but your daughter too. I mean, he wouldn't even speak to her or anything? I take it he was her step-dad? Is her birth father in the pic?

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
Her Bioo-dad and I divorced when she was 2, and though they speak he has always been more distant than around. STBXH was there when our GD was born and has been very close to this D and GD. GD (4) adores him and has been asking for her grandpa and I know that this makes it harder for D. She has to watch me fall apart and try and explain the unexplainable to GD as well. She is a drama queen by nature and is quick to anger and it breaks my heart to watch her come to terms with this. Just another man who walked out on her type thing. I can't find the words to help her get through her own grief right now and for a mother there just isn't any feeling more helpless.


BW 47 WH 48 D-day 6/28/05 Divorcing 2/06
twoblue #1598418 02/24/06 12:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 586
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 586
That's so sad. How old is you D now?

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
She's 25 and should know better. She is recently divorced and is really struggling with maturity at this point. I see no point in arguing with him over "stuff" and she wants to punish anyone who makes her angry. We are close and she is very defensive of me, but has not learned to temper her emotions with reason.


BW 47 WH 48 D-day 6/28/05 Divorcing 2/06
twoblue #1598420 02/24/06 02:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 586
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 586
Well, she's still young. And I don't blame her for being protective of you.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
I think sometimes we get so deep in our own pain that we don't recognize and can not control the damage we do to other people - our own children and our spouses especially. I need to believe that this is what STBXH is going through and that what he is doing is not intentional. Because I still love him, it hurts to see her hurt and to inflict that pain back on him as a consequence. I am not angry at him, and she just doesn't get that either.

Oh well.

Tired41 - did not realize email addy did not show in profile - please email me at wendymcghee@hotmail.com, Maybe I can use the info on D as well!


BW 47 WH 48 D-day 6/28/05 Divorcing 2/06

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Countfunkula, mollye14, Pansu, sakyt, George Mixflicke
72,372 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
Just checking in
by markos - 10/07/26 05:55 PM
What happens if we both have developed aversions?
by Samuel Connely - 10/03/26 02:12 PM
Separated/Dating
by mark_foster - 09/20/26 04:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,661
Posts2,323,619
Members72,372
Most Online9,682
May 13th, 2026
deneme bonusu
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2025, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0