Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
It is a movie filled with spousal betrayal, lies, D-Day, WS attempt to keep her lover as a friend, Pain and suffering by BS, false recoveries, addiction to her lover, leaving of the BS, retaliation fling by the BS, more lies from the WS, acceptance of the WS's lover and relationship by the BS as how things are, and all the other things we read on the boards. May be painful for many on the Boards, if watched.

TooSoon

Last edited by TooSoonToBeComfortable; 02/25/06 11:39 AM.

Married 20 yrs at time of affair DD: 1/16/04 NC: Since 4/14/04 FWW: Workplace EA for 8+ months. MC: For Awhile Recovery Begins When All Contact Ends. Progress: Doing very well.
J
J
Yikes...sounds real inspirational!! Does it have a positive ending?

T
OP Offline
T
Yikes...sounds real inspirational!! Does it have a positive ending?

No, it does not have a happy ending, but it shows how the BS comes to grips with the outcome of the story. It is a movie that I could watch the steps Dr. Harley and the hundreds of posters have all stated on these threads. It unfolds right before your eyes.

TooSoon

Last edited by TooSoonToBeComfortable; 02/25/06 11:40 AM.

Married 20 yrs at time of affair DD: 1/16/04 NC: Since 4/14/04 FWW: Workplace EA for 8+ months. MC: For Awhile Recovery Begins When All Contact Ends. Progress: Doing very well.
B
B
Where is this movie playing??

There is a clock on the wall ticking. I don't know where it is or what time it is but she's waiting for something. Actually, I think I found the clock. I can't see it clearly enough to read it though....

BH (Me) 46
WW 46
Married 15 years
A began - 6/05
DDay - 7/30/05
Exposure - 8/1/05
D papers served 8/10/05
A continues....
T
OP Offline
T
Where is this movie playing??

Sorry, I just realized I made amistake on the name. It is called Seperate Lies.

It was just released at the video stores. Here is the description taken from the movie page:

----

At first glance, the marriage of James Manning and his wife Anne couldn't be more picture-perfect. James is a wealthy and respected international lawyer; Anne is a bright and charming homemaker. They reside in a gorgeous country home, have another in London, and enjoy a privileged, peaceful existence with few real worries. It would be absurd to think that such a partnership could be torn apart in just a few tragic seconds. Yet that is precisely what happens. It all begins when the husband of the Mannings' cleaning lady is found near death just down the road, the victim of a hit-and-run. At first, it seems to be a random accident. But soon James begins to suspect that their neighbor, the handsome, upper-crust Bill Bule just back from America, might be to blame for what becomes a vehicular homicide. As James and the police begin to probe what really happened, James is suddenly faced with the shocking reality that both Bill and his wife Anne might have been involved, not only in the unreported crime, but with each other in a passionate affair. James’ shattering discovery is only the beginning of a suspenseful journey that takes a twisting turn when James makes the difficult choice to lie in order to protect his wife, who has been lying to him all along about her relationship with Bill, who in turn has his own devastating secret he is hiding from everyone. With the police investigator on their heels, James, Anne and Bill weave their own individual webs of deceit--each with his or her own complex personal agenda--until the truths that lie beneath the surface begin to emerge.

Also Known As: A Way Through the Woods

L
L
thanks... maybe my wife should watch it....

me- BS 37 her-FWW 35 15+years in M 4 boys- 14,14,12,2 (ours) Knew of A Feb 06 Proof of A Jan 06 (found info) Exposed Feb 06 R as of 3 March 06-so far so good
T
OP Offline
T
thanks... maybe my wife should watch it....

If your wife is a WW, then maybe she would see the damage and the grief affairs causes. I told my FWW today she should watch the show but I did not tell her what it's about. I thought it might be a subtle reminder.

TooSoon

L
L
exactly.... the alien is in a THICK FOG...... but Im growing very cold... very quick...

T
OP Offline
T
exactly.... the alien is in a THICK FOG...... but Im growing very cold... very quick...

If you still watch movies together, maybe you should rent it and watch it with her but don't tell her what it is about. Maybe you will get a rise out of her or at least plant a seed. Try it anyway.

How long has she been in her affair?

TooSoon

L
L
about two months.. but I have found more than 2 OM already... sigh.... I cant take this....she is serious with one and telling the other of the details.... sickening

T
OP Offline
T
about two months.. but I have found more than 2 OM already... sigh.... I cant take this....she is serious with one and telling the other of the details.... sickening

How long have you been married and do you have children with her?

L
L
15+ years... 4 boys.... 14,14,12,2 all ours

me- BS 37 her-FWW 35 15+years in M 4 boys- 14,14,12,2 (ours) Knew of A Feb 06 Proof of A Jan 06 (found info) Exposed Feb 06 R as of 3 March 06-so far so good
T
OP Offline
T
Why don't you post your story, proof of the affair, how you are handling it, ect. There are many of us who have been there as tired and as hopeless and we found away to get through it. The more you can share, the more advice you will receive.

Did you catch her, cell phone bills, e-mails, or why do you think she is in an affair. With your knowledge, why does she deny. Is she disconnected from you, etc.? Let us know.

TooSoon

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian T, SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation