Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 56 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 55 56
P
OP Offline
P
I don't know about that one. Remember that we all decided that we might have misinterpreted that particular comment. You and Bigger were giving each other high fives but it turned out to be something somewhat different. I think at the time, she was more remorseful about the M than the A.

I am not really sure. This may be a false alarm too and just my wishful thinking at work. WW puts a lot of faith in her dreams. I always take her very seriously when she discusses them.

I have asked her what it means when she dreams that someone has died. Apparently those dreams don't mean anything at all. One of my most vivid dreams in recent years was of her grandmother. I had that dream about a month after Dday. That dream basically put me on the R path. Do you know I have never cheated on gemela even in a dream? I can honestly say "she is the woman of my dreams".

B
B
I hope Gemela will go to confession soon. I think it will really help her. I see she is still posting and helping others. Good sign.

P
OP Offline
P
I will make sure she is in Mass this Friday. This is the Semana Santa isn't it? I am not sure why she doesn't want to go to confession here. She says it is language but she speaks English well enough and the padre does speak Spanish. I think maybe she just doesn't want to confess to someone she will bump into on a regular basis. Does that make sense? Kind of defeats the purpose of confession though so maybe I am wrong. The padre alread knows about the A though so it will come as no secret. I will do my best to convince her without nagging.

T
T
So what does it mean if one dreams that they cheated on their wife? I am asking for a friend who "cheated" on his wife in a dream about Salma Hayek.

P
OP Offline
P
I have no idea what it means. Did you know that Salma is from Coatzacoalcos? Although she is Mexican, her ancestory is Lebanese - just like Shakira. BTW, who is the friend? Anybody I know?

T
T
My friend told me all about Salma. Her father is Lebanese; her mother is Mexican.

Err, uh, no - nobody you know....

By the way, I did not know that about Shakira. I thought she was from Colombia.

P
OP Offline
P
Shakira is Colombian AFAIK but ancestry is Arabic. There is a surprisingly (well surprising to me anyway) large population of Arabic people in Latin America - mostly from the Mediterranean countries I think. From where I am living now, there seems to be more migration with Africa than any place else. Just a curiosity. I am no expert on that BTW and is just based on all the people I ran across while living over there.

Have you ever downloaded the CIA World Fact Book? It is a great publication. It is a free download and you can get it here:

CIA World Factbook

Go give it a look. I use it to settle those all-important questions like which country (China or Canada) has the largest land area.

T
T
Shakira is from Colombia. Her mother is half Italian and half something else. Her Father is an American of Lebanese descent.

Then there is Cameron Diaz whose grandparents were Cuban...

Daisy Fuentes is also Cuban.

And Jackie Guerrido is from Puerto Rico.

Okay, I guess enough of the geography lesson.

P
OP Offline
P
But do you know where Italy actually is?

Who are Cameron Diaz, Daisy Fuentes and Jackie Guerrido?

And what does this have to do with infidelity? Or are you confessing something here?

K
K
Who is Cameron Diaz? Have you been visiting this planet lately?

I know where Italy actually is. I've been there.

P
OP Offline
P
Have you been visiting this planet lately?

Try to remember that I live in Saudi Arabia. We are highly censored. Did you know that there are people who are paid to take a black magic marker and go through every magazine, publication - anything with a woman's photo on it and color over all the skin? You walk into the store to by an inflatable pool toy and the woman on the cover is all colored over. It is comical. The real problem is with magazines. They color over the skin and close up the magazine. The ink dries and sticks the pages together. then you accidentally rip it to shreds trying to turn the pages.

Cameron Diaz - she is the US Secretary of State right? I have seen her on CNN. Didn't know she was Cuban though.

K
K
LMAO Traic, you haven't been away THAT long. Or have you?

Wow, the money might be good in Saudi but I don't think I could cope with the censorship.

P
OP Offline
P
Years ago I was living in Abu Dhabi and had been for almost two years without doing any traveling outside the Gulf region during that time. One day I had to go to Singapore and my Garuda flight arrived in Changi at about 3:00AM and I went straight to my hotel and crashed. I got up about 9:00 and decided to go walking around just to see Singapore since it was my first time there. This is the honest truth. I was stunned. I thought "these women need to put some clothes on!".

It is amazing what you can get used to. If I had had any black magic markers on me, I would have started coloring all the girls. Might have gotten arrested for that though. Good thing I didn't have any markers.

It does make me wonder about all those Saudis who have to do the coloring. Aren't they being corrupted? Or maybe they hire expats for coloring. I don't really know to be honest. Imagine being paid to color - I look at DD2's preschool curriculum in a whole new light now.

K
K
Exactly. Are the Saudis doing the colouring being corrupted? Are the people who censor movies being corrupted? I hate censorship but with reservations. I judge from my own standards which are from an intelligent, articulate westerner's point of view. Not everyone is like me/us. I'm also one of those "I hate what you say but I defend your right to say it." liberals.

Singapore is really quite strict. Very strict.

How long have you been an ex pat? Too long if you don't know who Cameron Diaz is.

P
OP Offline
P
I really #### censorship too but unfortunately it is a #### of #### that we will never ##### ##########.

I used to live in London and was shocked by what I saw on (public) TV there as compared to what is allowed in the USA. Then I was shocked when I would travel to France or Germany and see what was allowed (on public TV) as compared to London. Every country seems to be a bit different in what is normal and accepted. I have been an expat almost exclusively since 1990. I have traveled a lot of different places.

K
K
Wow, 1990, that's a long time.

You've never travelled here though have you? You'd love it at this end of the world.

P
OP Offline
P
I have never been to NZ but always wanted to. I have been in all parts of the big island (Australia) except for WA and Ayers Rock. I love every part of that place. Done time in Bruneii, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, HK, KL, Macau, Japan. I have also never been to Papua New guinea. My fantasy is to travel to New Caledonia. Don't know why. I know nothing about it apart from what I find in the CIA World Factbook.

K
K
You have travelled. A well travelled American. Wow.

You'd love NZ. Everyone does.

P
OP Offline
P
Yes but which island to go to? Too many choices.

I do hope to get to NZ some day. I have never even seen the Southern Cross. I used to be into astronomy but I have never seen anything on your side of the world. Must be interesting. Lots more to look at.

I also want to spend New Year's in Sydney with a view of the harbor bridge. I want to do that with WW.

K
K
Do it with WW and then come to NZ. Both islands are cool but most people like the South Island. I'm from the North Island so think that's pretty cool. If you like sea and sailing, you can't beat it.

Gotta go now. Getting late, even here.

Page 27 of 56 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 55 56

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation