Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I read somewhere on here recently about having an MB sponsor. I can't remember who said it..or exactly the context.

Got me thinkin today. I have posted here and there but not much as things are going well. Then when things get really bad I want to post and get it all out. Well, it is really hard to get a response when the post is 10 pages long and sort of confusing. My thoughts are all over the place and hard to follow as each time I need to give background info to make current events make any sense.

So, with all that in mind, I feel like I need someone (or a few) who will take me and guide me. Someone to take me by the hand step by step and show me how to make sense of my life, and not leave me if i whine. I will stumble, I may rebel and say "ya, but", so I need someone to call Bullsh*t on me. Gently. I don't work well with 2x4's. I run and cry. That's just me.

I am hurting horribly and have few resources available right now. I need to make some changes but I'm afraid. I don't want to make the wrong moves and make things worse but I need to make a move.

So, what do you think? Am I out of line?

S
S
SS,

That is what a coach does. I didn't use the Harleys but I did hire Cerri. I also went to a MC but would recommend a coach instead. The boards and books are helpful but not as much as individual attention.

S
OP Offline
S
I have talked to SH several times and also gone to IC. Right now finances are real tight so I can't really justify paying either right now.

This concept was mentioned before so I thought I would bring it up and see what happens!

Thanks so much for your reply. Oh, and I agree, it's the individual attention that works for me. I can read and it all makes sense, but I really do well if someone tells me about it also. KWIM?

Thanks again.

A
A
You know people could setup their own individual sponsor boards and then they would have a semi-private place to help someone work on issues. It would still be open for people to see, but off the beaten path.

S
OP Offline
S
AskMe,

That is a good idea.
Do you mean a sponsor board at MB or elsewhere?

A
A
I guess I hadn't thought it all the way through, but I had always wondered why they didn't use some type of online coaching or mentoring where an individual could post something and someone who was coaching or mentoring them could post back and it could be private enough so the general public wasn't in on it, but open to the moderators or someone else watching over the posts to ensure the information was valid. They could do that here on marriage builders if they wanted to or people could actually take it outside of marriage builders, but then you would have to be more selective about how you did. There are actually places you can go where you can build message boards on a limited basis for something like some individual mentoring.

S
OP Offline
S
AM

I think that would be good..I wouldn't like to go outside MB for this though. I would like someone here who is very knowledgable to work with.

I'm thinking a person willing to just stand by one's side as they go through the day to day trials and someone to bounce thoughts and ideas off of before they get used in the real world. Not looking for a certified coach..just experience.

I will be out of town till morning...Thanks for your input.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 260 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Comfortable Shoe, Sourdine, Abela Laye, Ardent Center, Lost@1969
71,846 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation