Hello. It has been some time since I've visited the Marriage Builder's Forums.
My husband and I have been married for nearly 7 years. We are both 48. We've known each other since we were 15. (Though we had limited contact with each other for 20 years or so.) A short 6 weeks after our wedding, he began an affair with my sister-in-law (my brother's wife). That affair lasted about 2 months. That is when I first discovered Marriage Builders.
It has been a long haul, but we got through affair #1. We went to a counselor for a few years and husband also saw an individual counselor for a bit. I never recovered 100% from the effects of that affair -- Mainly because it happened so early in our marriage when a firm foundation had not yet been set, and because it tore my family (brother and nephews) from my life.
Two years passed and husband had an online and phone affair for about a month with someone who did not realize he was married -- until I found an email she'd sent to him and gave her the news that he was. As far as I know, that ended that affair and things seemed "o.k." for the last 5 years or so. Our relationship definately has issues, none that I thought were "deal breakers". Until last night that is....
That is when I discovered an eamil exchange between husband and an OW. I asked my husband about it and of course he denied anything was going on -- He claimed she was just a friend he'd met online playing cribbage (same way he met online/phone affair #1). He held to that story, but I asked him to leave the house. He packed some things and left to spend the night @ a hotel. After he left, I found 2 email accounts of his and read the correspondence between husband and OW from the last month (which is apparently how long this has been going on). I felt I had to read the emails to get the true story, as from past experience, everything is "deny, deny deny" unless I had proof. Within 2 weeks of "knowing" each other, they were talking of being in love, that they were going to be together forever, she pushed him to complete paper work so he could live/work in the country she lives in (and he complied with her request), and he's started looking for jobs where she lives. He is traveling next week on business and they are scheduled to meet ftf.
I believe OW is married and has two small children.
I did email OW and suggested she stop contacting my husband. Of couse upon receipt of that email, she picked up the phone and called him. (He told me that when I spoke with him on the phone this morning.)
I've rambled on, sorry, but you know how that goes...
So why I am here? What do I do next? I don't know. Have I already made mistakes by asking husband to leave the house? By emailing OW? I read the Marriage Builders concepts 7 years ago. I suppose a refresher is due, but I'm having trouble focusing.
Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for any input.