Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
G
Oh, that sounds like fun! I can't though. I've got to attend at reception. Plus the girls will be camping. Paybe next time.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
A
A
Hey Newly,

I am really glad to hear you won. How ridiculous and a waste of money for him to think on his days to have them that he shouldn't take them to school. Sheesh!

On the note of dd8, I don't think from what you say it is enough to try to even take him away from the girls. I would suggest you just encourage her in positive ways and your influence will go such a long way on both daughters.

Good luck,

Anna

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
~~Socrates

The secret to happiness is wanting what you already have. ~anonymous
F
F
DD8 (who is quite perceptive)
Perhaps that is his problem with her. He senses that she can see through his facade and that makes him feel threatened. It's much easier to blame his discomfort on her than admit that even an 8 year old can see he's wrong.

L
L
Perhaps that is his problem with her. He senses that she can see through his facade and that makes him feel threatened. It's much easier to blame his discomfort on her than admit that even an 8 year old can see he's wrong.

Good point!

LSNE

Learning Something New Everyday

Me FWW 39

3 sons:
OS 20
MS dec. age 2 1994
YS 13
LSNE #1675970 06/15/06 10:12 PM
N
newly Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My children are amazing. I don't think I ever imagined the joy the simple things would bring.
Tonight was the last softball game and the team went out for ice cream afterward. The local place has a small river running behind it. How long before the girls get wet?
I was watching the other parents to see if they'd let their kids wade in the water. In uniform. My kids, no hesitation.
As the girls get wetter, I see parents getting worried. My girls, happy as clams, soaking wet, getting cold, and smiling ear to ear.
My friends won't even let their kids in their car.
Ok, everyone in my minivan, soaking wet. Life is about the simple things, enjoying every moment, and watching the joy on the kids faces when they are allowed to be kids.

I rruly enjoyed watching them. When we got home and I put them immediately in the shower, DD8 says, Dad would have been so angry with us for getting soaking wet. All I can think is, wow, he is missing out on the little things, and I get to enjoy them.

When I first started here, I didn't appreciate all that I had. And through people here, I've learned to count my blessings. I am so blessed to have these two angels in my life and I am grateful for them. Just my rambling thoughts for the night.

Children are truly blessings from God.

It was a marriage that never really started.
H: Conflict Avoider, NPD No communication skills (Confirmed by MC) Me: Enabler
Sep'd 12/01, D'd 08/03.
My joys and the light of my life: DD 11, DD 9
*Approach life and situations from the point of love - not from fear.*
K
K
You are blessed Newly! Having two healthy/happy daughters, there is nothing more a mother can ask for. I'm happy for you that you can see/enjoy the simplicity that your x cannot. Shame on him.

When I read how your x treats OD vs. YD, I have the carbon copy w/my girls and their father. My x can be so hurtful to our oldest and he doesn't have a clue what he's doing to her.

I enjoyed reading your happy moment.
K!

Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 193 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Confused1980, Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms
71,840 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation