Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 613 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 612 613
ToddAC #1686818 07/16/06 05:07 AM
P
OP Offline
P
With your memory, probably not.

What happens on an airplane flying from Los Angeles to Sydney? How do the toilets function during the flight? What about the return flight when you cross the dateline backwards?

piojitos #1686819 07/16/06 05:30 AM
T
T
Of course, the Coriolis effect has no effect on how toilets flush or sinks drain. It is a myth.

It does affect larger objects such as hurricanes and typhoons.

The drain game has been perpetuated by HS science teachers everywhere.

piojitos #1686820 07/16/06 05:31 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I posted this a while ago and then deleted it as I thought it was in bad taste. I am reposting it and probably not going to delete it this time. It somehow seems appropriate to how I feel at the moment.

------------A Few Good Wives--------------

WW: "You want answers?"

BH: "I think I'm entitled to them!"

WW: "You want answers?!"

BH: "I want the truth!"

WW: "You can't handle the truth!!! Hon, we live in a world that requires security. And that security must be brought in by wives with elite deception skills. Who's going to provide it? You? You, Mr. Boring Clueless Husband? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You scoff at housekeeping and you curse our excessive wardrobes. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what we know: that while the cost of maintaining us is high, it brings you security. And my very existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, brings you SECURITY! You don't want to know the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at poker night ... you want me to lie. You NEED me to lie!
We use words like my husband doesn't fulfill me, phone sex, no-tell motel and I love you but I'm not IN love with you. We use these words as the backbone of a marriage spent building something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor inclination to explain myself to a husband who rises and sleeps under the very blanket of security I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you contract a lawyer and file for legal separation and give me my freedom. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"

BH: "Did you sleep with OM?"

WW: "I did the job you married me to do."

BH: "Did you sleep with OM!?"

WW: "You're damn right I did!"

ToddAC #1686821 07/16/06 06:42 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I have seen the equator. Is that helpful?

Well I've never seen it and personally I don't think it exists. Once I was in a plane supposedly flying over it. That is what the captain said anyway. I looked out the window and there was no long black line anywhere.

piojitos #1686822 07/16/06 07:25 AM
T
T
Do you remember Benny Hill?

He was on a ship with a beautiful woman and he looked through a telescope and exclaimed:

"Look, I see the equator".

The excited beauty couldn't wait. She grabbed the scope and as she peered through it, Benny Hill plucked a hair from his head and held it at the end of the scope.

The young woman screamed:

"I see it! And look, there's a camel walking across it".

ToddAC #1686823 07/16/06 07:31 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Somehow that seems all too appropriate considering who you are posting to.

Benny was a genius. He is missed.

piojitos #1686824 07/16/06 07:40 AM
T
T
LMAO. Forgot about your name.

Are you not going to argue about the drains in Ozzieland? It is an abecedarian concept.

ToddAC #1686825 07/16/06 07:43 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I thought we were arguing about twisty ties in Oz. I'll get to it later. Right now I have to go look up "abecedarian".

piojitos #1686826 07/16/06 08:12 AM
I must admit that while I have requested radical honesty and written about requesting it in posts, each time I think about my sitch I think about Jack and his speech from the stand, it is always in the back of my mind.

I haven't gone as far as to recreate the dialogue but then you have been at this longer than I...

Does G get your intellect and dry sense of humor? My H loves stupid humor but I am more of the dry sarcastic type myself and my humor is not appreciated nor do I engage in H's humor...makes laughing together tough, which is something we both have admitted to missing for ages. Just wondering.

How's the alphabet going?

2muchhrtbrk #1686827 07/16/06 08:38 AM
T
T
Twisty ties, square thingys, drains, toilets, Benny Hill, clamps, bread bags, peeing in the shower, equator, typhoons, hurricanes, Snap-on tools, soft tail Harley, shoes in fifty six shades of white, new VCR, sandstorm, cancelled MC appointment, golf in the sand, Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Israel, Hezbollah, atom bomb -- we talked about a lot of things most of which I cannot remember.

Anyway, sounds like someone wants to discuss infidelity. I'll leave now. Can't stomach that at the moment.

ToddAC #1686828 07/16/06 09:02 AM
Pardon the intrusion...how's the diversion working 4 U? I use it so much in my real life that MB is my only R sounding board that I can rely on...perhaps I should put all of my R issues in a breadbag, twist tie it and send it to Iran?

2muchhrtbrk #1686829 07/16/06 11:16 AM
P
OP Offline
P
What diversion are we talking about? Don't worry about ToddAC. He'll forget he even posted by tomorrow. It is great. I can convince him he said all sorts of things.

I think gemela does get my sense of humor. I can also fake Mexican humor and she appreciates that too.

To be quite honest, I do feel much better today.

2muchhrtbrk #1686830 07/16/06 11:48 AM
T
T
Where am I?

ToddAC #1686831 07/17/06 12:55 AM
K
K
Todd and Pio, thank you VERY much. Now I can't open a bread bag without smirking.

2much, you asked my reaction to the big D subject when it was brought up.

First time was 3 years ago, just after D-day. Just the word made me cry and beg him not to even talk like that. Second time was about 9 months after that when we seemed to be getting nowhere with recovery. Again, the finality of the word was enough to shake me up.

Last time was about 3 months ago after my renewed contact with the OM. Once again, I couldn't bear the thought and still can't. I just can't imagine life without my H. I don't want life without my H.

KiwiJ #1686832 07/17/06 01:13 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Sorry KiwiJ but I don't know your whole story. Was Rob in a Plan A?

My nagging doubt is that I don't think gemela has ever really had any downside risk from all this. Her life has been sunshine and roses albeit tainted with withdrawal. Rob mentioned D and it shook you up. So there was some potential downside for you and you say it got your attention. D talk is not really Plan A.

This is not directed at you BTW. This is an open question to myself and one I think 2much is dealing with too. I guess my solution is my miserable Plan B. I don't understand why believer says I cannot do a Plan B. She is not the only one who has said that either.

This is not intended to be a vent either. I said months ago that SAA is great for starting a Plan A. It is great for recovery. It is this quagmire in between where it doesn't offer much help. This forum is far better for that.

I guess the basic problem is that there is no one answer. There are multiple paths to the same goal and the correct one depends on the people taking it.

I was thinking this morning about a comment believer made yesterday about my plan being unfair to me.

The word atypical means the opposit of typical or not typical. The word asocial means not social. So I guess the word affair means not fair by the same grammatical logic.

Before I forget, I wanted to say that my grandfather was the master at POJA. My grandmother was always trying to get him into activities he wanted no part of. One day she signed them up for Spanish classes. He had no desire to go but he never made one complaint. The first night of class, the teacher gave them a list of 10 Spanish words that are very similar to their English counterparts. The task was to recognize the word and use the Spanish word correctly in an English sentence. An example would be the word "carro" (car). A sentence would be "my carro is blue". That is how the exercised was supposed to work. Well one of his words was "dificil" (difficult). He took his list of words and he made the sentences. His sentence was "de policeman blew dificil". They never went back to Spanish class again.

Thinking about the similarities between many English and Spanish words, is it coincidence that "alimento" (food) and "ailment" are so similar? Many American tourists in Mexico might not think so.

piojitos #1686833 07/17/06 01:22 AM
T
T
His sentence was "de policeman blew dificil". They never went back to Spanish class again.

I can only assume that the above quote was written with the intent of being funny. I must confess that I don't get it.

Please help me out Pio!

ToddAC #1686834 07/17/06 01:24 AM
P
OP Offline
P
(the policeman blew the whistle). It is a true story BTW.

piojitos #1686835 07/17/06 01:36 AM
K
K
AAAAAAHHHHHH, I get it now.

Pio, D-day occurred long before I found MB. Rob sort of did an instinctual (I think I just made that word up) Plan A but there were many, many times when words were spat at each other. Our first and only fights in 28 years. Yes, the D word shook me to my core.

I've always told people doing Plan A that sometimes a real, honest blow out, where all the hurt and pain is clearly put out there, clears the air. THEN recovery can start. I don't think it's MB though. Recovery started for us the day Rob sat me down calmly and said "tell me your story."

KiwiJ #1686836 07/17/06 01:50 AM
P
OP Offline
P
"tell me your story"

That is a bit cryptic or a little "dificil" to understand. What did Rob mean and, in generic terms, what did you say? Did you tell him all about the A? (or at least the important parts).

The things I think I want to know are:

1) In general terms, why does gemela think she had the A or what did she like about it (what EN's were met?)
2) In general terms, what was the architecture or mechanics of the A? (I don't want to know about what pages of the Kama Sutra they practiced). I just want to be able to put some of my observations of that time in context. Resolve some questions that still bother me.
3) What does gemela really want now? Does she really want to try to make the marriage work or is this just something she feels stuck with?
4) What would she like to see improved in the marriage (fill out the EN questionaire)?

That would be my grand slam. I know it is asking a lot. But it is what I want. So far I am 0 for 4.

piojitos #1686837 07/17/06 02:11 AM
K
K
He said I want to hear about the A from start to finish. I want to hear "Jenny's story". He said I can't promise I won't be hurt but I will promise I won't be angry.

We sat there with a bottle of wine and I started with "the Monday after the funeral......" and finished with "he ended it by....."

Rob always said he didn't want any sexual detail. He said "I've been married to you for 28 years, I think I know what it would be like with you pulling all the stops out to keep him interested."

He was very keen to know time frames so he could put together where he was on those nights and where I was. I showed him all my cellphone records so he knew when I'd phoned him. There were no e-mails. There never had been anything apart from "do you want to meet for lunch, a drink" and my reply "yes, ok, where, when."

Pio, you are not asking a lot at all. It is what Rob asked of me but the most important thing of all was the WAY he asked.

Page 9 of 613 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation