Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 613 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 612 613
ToddAC #1688318 08/28/06 10:27 PM
B
B
Well ya know I'm here Todd

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #1688319 08/28/06 10:43 PM
T
T
Hi BigK,

Superman fan perhaps?

ToddAC #1688320 08/28/06 10:53 PM
B
B
Not really Todd. I ain't much into superheroes...

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #1688321 08/28/06 10:57 PM
Thanks for asking...yes, healing up pretty well...just some residual pain and aggravating numbness from nerve damage...otherwise I am going to start running again this week...we'll see how that goes. The kids are bouncing back nicely except for nightmares...DS fracture is healing slowly but good motor function so can't complain. Getting the kids into counseling next week...H and I start tomorrow!

I am nervous but know this is the final action I can take in trying to recover M. Hoping that H feels optimistic and is honest with our counselor. Time will tell. Any words of wisdom???

ToddAC #1688322 08/28/06 10:58 PM
Present! Here!

May I ask what qualities do you admire the most in Superman? Are you a Smallville fan?

ToddAC #1688323 08/28/06 10:59 PM
L
L

It seems I was logged in but I was not here.

Ough!

Todd, tell about your new computer...

bigkahuna #1688324 08/28/06 11:02 PM
What are your hobbies? Are you a sports fan? Cars? Fitness? I envision a surfer with your MB name...I'm sure I am way off but it's fun guessing...

2muchhrtbrk #1688325 08/28/06 11:04 PM
T
T
Hey 2much,

Unusual to see you here late in the PM.

A friend who is familiar with my ambition to become Superman asked me today what one superpower would I like the most that Superman has.

My answer: xray vision.

Second: flying

larousse #1688326 08/28/06 11:09 PM
T
T
My last five computers have been Toshiba notebooks. The quality has steadily declined. Today I bought an HP notebook. I migrated from desktop to notebook over ten years ago and will never go back to desktop.

Anyway, it has an AMD processor which I have never had before but my geekier friends assure me that AMD today is superior to Intel. Gig RAM, 80 g harddrive, etc. All the standard features these days I suppose.

But I have a 100% screen. My other screen had been at fifty percent for a few months and finally it burned all but a few percent this AM.

Hey larousse, should I post more Neruda poems?

2muchhrtbrk #1688327 08/28/06 11:13 PM
B
B
Getting the kids into counseling next week...H and I start tomorrow!

WOW I had no idea he wanted your marriage to recover!!!!!!! That is GREAT news.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
ToddAC #1688328 08/28/06 11:15 PM
L
L
Yes, please, more Neruda.

I have a desktop but I almost always use the notebook.
It has had some rough falls but keeps kicking.

2muchhrtbrk #1688329 08/28/06 11:16 PM
B
B
What are your hobbies? Are you a sports fan? Cars? Fitness? I envision a surfer with your MB name...I'm sure I am way off but it's fun guessing...

LOL Names can be deceiving can't they. LOL.

MB seems to be somewhat of an all consuming hobby right now.

I spend the weekends running around after kids playing sport, going to church. Keeping my wife happy. Staying sane......

Just the usual post-infidelity stuff.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
ToddAC #1688330 08/28/06 11:17 PM
I am always up at this hour but not always free to surf MB...I do better in early am!

What's with the X-ray vision...can't read minds with that can you? I understand the flying...personally I like the speed thing in getting somewhere in a second, followed by the strength...

How are the brain cells regenerating? Are you still suffering from the side effects of your brain fry? You do a great job of fooling all of us into believing you are playing with a full deck. I'm guessing you were born with at least a deck and a half! Thought alot about you during my accident/recovery. You must have some inner strength to be battling your condition solo...I'm sure you are not alone as we all have the good Lord on our side but sometimes we still feel alone. Your sense of humor and analytical personality seem to have pulled you through quite well so far eh? I admire your strenth...very inspirational to us common folk!

bigkahuna #1688331 08/28/06 11:24 PM
MB can be addicting I've found. Thanks to folks like you, people like me find hope, inspiration, wisdom and sometimes a reality check to help make it from day to day. I definitely would have never made it this far without MB.

I can relate to your hobbies...I spend the bulk of my time with my children which is wonderful since I've only had the opportunity to spend so much time with them this past year. I will have 2006-2007 with them and then back to work...I think I will have a new perspective and different priorities when I return back to work...I'm a grad student now and that leaves me lots of flexibility and time for them. I know that despite all of the sadness and infidelity these are the best days of my life with my children so far!

2muchhrtbrk #1688332 08/28/06 11:28 PM
T
T
What's with the X-ray vision...can't read minds with that can you?

Let's just say I still have some high school immaturity within me....

I have always been able to read minds so don't need that superpower.

All I can say about inner strength is that I grew up in a tough neighborhood under tough and challenging conditions. Besides that, I think I was born with much determination and resolve. Don't get me wrong: I was totally depressed a couple of nights ago. I wasn't feeling well physically and it cascaded from there.

I said early on that in a sense, my WW's infidelity was a gift because it occupied my mind and being to the exclusion of worrying about the tumor. While I am certain it sounded dramatic, it was the truth. Sometimes how you view and accept things is all in how you spin it.

The analytical personality was a gift bequeathed from my Mother and the sense of humor: have no idea from whence it came.

Is whence a word?

ToddAC #1688333 08/28/06 11:34 PM
L
L
T,

Before the tumor there were no signs that something was not well with WW?

larousse #1688334 08/28/06 11:35 PM
T
T
I Crave Your Mouth, Your Voice, Your Hair

Don't go far off, not even for a day, because --
because -- I don't know how to say it: a day is long
and I will be waiting for you, as in an empty station
when the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep.

Don't leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart.

Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach;
may your eyelids never flutter into the empty distance.
Don't leave me for a second, my dearest,

because in that moment you'll have gone so far
I'll wander mazily over all the earth, asking,
Will you come back? Will you leave me here, dying?

Pablo Neruda

ToddAC #1688335 08/28/06 11:42 PM
L
L
Very pretty poem. I didn't know it.

The translations is good.

It's interesting that despite his rather inflexible political personality his poetry is so time less.

The street leading to the Castle in Prague it's called Neruda, I guess not for him but he mos have loved that.

larousse #1688336 08/28/06 11:44 PM
L
L
I don't like or dislike Superman.

I like Gérard Depardieu ! A lot. Is that twisted or what?

larousse #1688337 08/29/06 12:03 AM
T
T
T,

Before the tumor there were no signs that something was not well with WW?

To give you a sense of a timeline, here goes.

In 1999, her Mother, the saint on Earth if there ever was one, died. On the day of her Mother's funeral, approximately three hours before the funeral, I received a telephone call that my Mother had just died. It was traumatic for both of us, needless to say. My Mother's death was unexpected.

The next year, our youngest son finished high school a year early and went off to college. He is the closet son to her, the baby, and it hit her hard.

The same year, I quit work because I could not longer concentrate hence I was not being productive.

About the same time all of this was going on, she started menopause.

We knew something was wrong with my health because of the way I felt and clinical signs such as hyponatremia. I also had chronic, debilitating headaches.

The headaches were initially diagnosed as sinus headaches. This persisting for a couple of years or so. Then my doc said they could be pressure headaches and occur when the weather switches from a low pressure to high pressure front, or vice versa.

Finally, I visited him one day and told him something was wrong and he needed to figure it out. He sent me for a CT. The CT was clear. The hospital doctor referred me to a neurologist who specializes in migraine headaches. Sure enough, I was diagnosed with migraines. Finally I had a diagnosis.

Problem is, it was still the wrong diagnosis. My doc erred when he ordered a CT; he should have ordered an MRI. CT's are not effective in detecting soft tissue tumors.

Finally, in August 2005, I was rushed to the ER suffering from delusions, inability to walk and zombie like behavior. I went into a coma and the team of doctors gathered my family and advised them to make their peace and say goodbye to me. I was diagnosed with pneumonia, pericardial effusion and severe hyponatremia of 114. Levels below 115 are associated with death, hence the doctors' opinion of my prognosis.

My family did as instructed and they all went to the cafeteria afterwards. Everyone but my middle son who is a spitting image of me in every regard. He witnessed me in an unconscious state having a conversation with Death. I fought and resisted and finally I said: Okay, Death, is that you? I will go with you.

Well, it freaked me son out and he started screaming: Dad, don't go, stay here we love you, we need you. I stayed there although I have no memory of any of it. I finally awoke four days later.

A number of doctors came to examine me in ICU and ask me quesitons. The neurologist and a endocrinilogist both told me they believed I had a brain tumor the manifestation of which were the headaches, the stupor and hormone imbalances.

I finally got the MRI that I had always needed. I will never forget the doctor when he entered my room with a serious, deadpan face. He walked to my bedside with the envelope containing the MRI film in his hands. His simple words: you have a large tumor.

Large I asked?

4 cm. It is not in a good spot.

Talk about your heart sinking. He had already arranged for a neurosurgeon to visit me. He did and quickly elimated surgery as an option and even a biopsy as an option. Radiation would be the treatment. If it was not successful, well, you can guess the rest.

I don't know exactly when my WW started her affair. I figure about four years ago. Do I understand that she felt pressure of all the events that colluded that seem to have as its sole purpose to drive both of us crazy? Absolutely.

I "knew" for along time that she was having an affair and knew with whom. Because of my condition, and my hormones scrambled so badly, I could not confront her. But I knew. We had been married a long time and you learn about your spouse over that period of time.

After I confronted her and later after she finally confessed, I asked her way. Her answer: because I thought you were dying. Her answer was a cop out of course, but nonetheless, it was her answer, however unfortunate.

I found MB and another infidelity website. I gravitated to the other website until Bigger suggested that I visit MB again and specifially Pio's thread. My first reaction was why did he suggest I read Pio's thread. After reading the entire thread over a few days, it occurred to me that Pio and I had a lot in common. Both our wives are Latinas, we both have analytical minds and share a black sense of humor.

Anyway, what was the question?

Please forgive my many typos. The tumor has also affected my vision and that coupled with terrible mechanical keyboarding skills, well, you get the picture.

Page 84 of 613 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation