Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 112 of 613 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 612 613
2muchhrtbrk #1688878 09/07/06 03:43 PM
P
OP Offline
P
...if a counselor or clergy were able to be present

I was thinking a "Jerry Srpinger bouncer" but you may be right.

I was wondering where you were off to. I assumed that, since you started on the 30 day plan, that you were lounging away with WH feeding you bonbons and polishing your nails. Am I far off?

Shaved ham - that will be a tall order here or, as I said once before, when pigs learn to fly.

piojitos #1688879 09/07/06 03:46 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I only got up to make sure DDs were tucked in their beds (they tend to kick off the covers). I am back to bed.

piojitos #1688880 09/07/06 04:15 PM
LOL...you are so far off you must be in another galaxy

I am sticking to the plan however...must say much easier without the snoop factor since that makes me physically ill and triggers my temper when I find new indiscretions...I agree it is much easier to just assume the worst but act my best

Between the kids going back to school, my return to classes, the demands of soccer practice 2-3 times weekly plus games (multiply by 3) and upkeep of the homefront I have not had much time for anything which is pretty convenient since H hasn't offered any activities of late or pitched in with any house/yard work nor been around much

I'll be interested to see how our next counseling session goes

As for your DD becoming upset with each WW encounter...I know the fallout stinks but it is important to allow the opportunity for contact otherwise you will be accused of interfering with mother daugheter communication. My DD1 always did the same thing when I was away on business...her reaction was the same regardless if it was 3 days or 6 weeks...just her sensitive personality. What I found was that nighttime was the worst time due to fatigue, hunger, exhaustion and withdrawal...my DD did better with phone conversations at the beginning of the day when she had limited time and things of her own to look forward to and divert her throughout the day. I am not Gemela but although my H had to deal with the fallout he also got to see her bounce back to her happy self...I was left with the memory of desparate crying and it stayed with me throughout the day...I did not bounce back as quickly as my DD and felt guilty...I still look back and feel horrible about our time apart...however, it gave me much more motivation to make our together time much more meaningful...it helped me realign my priorities about family, work, etc. Just a thought.

Also, you can have DDs make and send cards, postcards etc if it makes it easier on all of you. Have them do a movie where they tell WS what's going on and act silly and sing, read to mom etc. This will also show how happy and how much fun they are having.

I see the sun so I know your on moontime...we'll be having a full one tonight...sleep tight

piojitos #1688881 09/07/06 04:25 PM
T
T
I am currently 9 hours ahead of you. To make it simpler for you, look outside. If you see the Sun, I see the Moon. Our weekends are Thursday and Friday.

Okay, I just looked outside and it is overcast, so I see no sun nor moon.

So, how can I possibly interpret that?

2muchhrtbrk #1688882 09/07/06 04:38 PM
T
T
2much,

I thought you were GWTW. Speaking of which, when I talked/listened to my WW over the weekend, she mentioned that she had sold several items that belonged to me. Books were among the vindictive motivated victims. So, I asked her if she sold anything that belong to her that was special. I have already mentioned the doll. She had a GWTW Room Divider - got that? a GWTW room divider - and she sold it for 163% of what I paid for it. So, I know the drill now: don't collect dolls; collect room dividers. In fact, I have already acquired a 2001: A Space Odyssey room divider. I use it to divide the space between the kichen/dining area and bedroom. The housekeeping crew is not amused. They knocked it over while vacuuming and broke the glass. Womens!

loved the pot comment to Nams

Well, that's two of us; however, nams did not like it very well. I didn't know what a potter was. I guess Demi was the potter? And Patrick Swayze put his sissy little hands on hers? Oh, how sexy can one get?

I feel like Regretted should set up a safe environment where she can tell BS the entire truth so that she can move on...otherwise she will live in fear, and be constantly worried about his reactions to the bits and pieces...if a counselor or clergy were able to be present and then she could have a separate place to stay while he reacted or she could contract with him to tell the truth but he would have to abide by certain conditions to include being alcohol free and avoid any physical violence...I know it sounds much easier than it would be but at least life could move on in the direction it is meant to...JMHO

I have a feeling - a hunch perhaps - that there is more to regreted's story about that. I base this on her "two dominant" personalities comment. I am sure I will hear from regreted but it may be one way to help.

1. salad of any kind esp. seafood salad
2. shaved ham
3. mac-n-cheese...

When my sons were young, their favorite was shaved ham. But Pio, learn from my experience, ensure that you wash all the shaving cream off or you will be going to the ER that night with two little sick girls.

I'm sure you missed my ramblings...not!

Oh, you were gone? JK, yes we truly enjoy your musings and ramblings.

piojitos #1688883 09/07/06 04:49 PM
X
X
really I want to keep my M alive... I want to do my H happy, and Im 100% sure that if I told him everything he is going to hate me...
He has seflsteem problems also and even before my A.. and would be imposible for him to think that I still love him..
Why a person who loves you, cheat on you? why a person that promise you to be loyalty (leal) had sex encounters with someone else.? for he all this years would be lies... and our M is in risk right now...
Internet affairs hera are still more incredible for people who are just know what the ****** it is...for my H the concept to have pleasure just using phone calls or chat its sick!!! pervertive...
You can imagine, what would be its reaction..
If I had told him the truth since D day, now all family would know.. knows details I think is not necesary...
Im going to take the risk, and Im going to trust in OM about he is going to get out of my life forever, and in a quiet manner... He would be the only person who can reveal all the truth...
Other way is if my H got in this site and find all my posts... the I would be lost, me, my family and my marriage..
Im going to work harder than ever and do whatever in order to my H feels love again for me... maybe when our Bank love would be plenty.. full, then maybe our M could survive to the hole truth,,,,
Maybe after some profesional help for both... but no now...

piojitos #1688884 09/07/06 04:55 PM
X
X
Congratulations for have and take this oportunity.. enjoy your DD's as someone said "our sons are just borrow for a while.." los hijos están prestados solo un rato...

How did you deal with infance stuffs and how did you do for no repeat same behaviour as your tutors?

Is so common to repeat what we learned and lived in our childhood....

xxxxx #1688885 09/07/06 05:08 PM
T
T
regreted,

Why do you want to save your marriage?

ToddAC #1688886 09/07/06 05:52 PM
B
B
Regretted - dishonesty will ensure you fail at saving your marriage.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #1688887 09/07/06 06:59 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks 2much,

I am somewhat beyond brilliant (IMVHO) in the use of Macromedia Flash and my DDs use it as a drawing tool. They are both quite good with a digitizing tablet. I think I will let them make mommy a Flash card. Animated and with sound!

regreted,

I doubt seriously that H is going to find this site. OM2 will be the death of your M because that is what he wants. OM will not be happy until you are divorced because that is his game. As long as you are married, he hasn't won and he has a huge ego and needs to win. Do you honestly think he has been sitting around pining away for you? No. He is in the chat room every night doing the same thing with other women and he is still a married man. The problem that you have is that you still have some romantic notion that he loves you - that you are his soulmate. The A made you happy and you are convinced it was because you were both in love. So you love OM2. He does too (love himself that is). His feelings for you are closer to hate than love. He uses you to satisfy a need. He will definitely be calling again. And when he does, your M is history.

I have never tried long distance sex in my life so I won't comment on whether it is deviant or not. But internet sex with a total stranger is definitely deviant.

2much,

Don't you feel better about yourself and aren't you much happier by not snooping? I know I was. It took a terrible burden off me when I decided to do it. Sorry about the bonbons. Maybe you could POJA bonbons?

piojitos #1688888 09/07/06 07:00 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Where is larousse and why do we still have three stars?

piojitos #1688889 09/07/06 07:12 PM
T
T
Where is larousse and why do we still have three stars?

I cannot answer either question. Maybe larousse is behind the rating?

Anyway, I just rated it a one star. Doing my part to bring down the average. In more ways than one I might add.

ToddAC #1688890 09/07/06 07:16 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Yes we can always count on you.

Well I never did get my feet properly taken care of last night. Just as I got started, DDs got into a fight over who was going to watch Barbie Mermaidia. They forget we have a big TV where they can watch together.

Anyway - yes - premature exfoliation. I hope this does not become a persistent problem.

piojitos #1688891 09/07/06 07:25 PM
N
N
Did I offend with the recipe of chopped up little girls? I'm sorry if I did offend anyone but that is one of my most popular party dishes. I'll stop.

Todd, I didn't mind the remark about potters. There's no reason for me to assume everyone is familiar with the term. Plus, I forgot we have engineer types here. Lots of engineering specific comments made here fly right over my head. They make me yawn too.

Your comment about drugs is usually closely followed by a comment about the movie Ghost. Just thought I'd nip it in the bud.

Just so you know, when I teach men pottery I always sit behind them, right up close, because I find they learn better that way. The ladies...I just toss a few comments in their direction & they catch on but the men seem to need the hands on approach. Think they're slow?

The reality is I've had two male students in the past three years. One was 68 the other 20. The tip is if you're a single male take a pottery class, you're likely to meet women. Just keep your hands to yourself.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
nams #1688892 09/07/06 07:41 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Offended? Not me. Your ToddAC?

Hey, if you can't laugh about infidelity, what fun would there be in it? It would hardly be worth the effort.

nams #1688893 09/07/06 07:55 PM
T
T
Did I offend with the recipe of chopped up little girls? I'm sorry if I did offend anyone but that is one of my most popular party dishes. I'll stop.

Oh heavens no. It was your assertion that girls are more tender. From where I sit, girls are very tough.

Just so you know, when I teach men pottery I always sit behind them, right up close, because I find they learn better that way. The ladies...I just toss a few comments in their direction & they catch on but the men seem to need the hands on approach. Think they're slow?

Either slow or coy. So, you are a potter and teach others to become potters. Are you commercial? I need a second career. Maybe... and I like getting my hands dirty. As long as Patrick doesn't touch them.

ToddAC #1688894 09/07/06 08:35 PM
P
OP Offline
P
ToddAC,

Can you take a look at this supposedly funny thing about infidelity at:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/phi/187640237.html

If it is worthwhile, can you email it to me? My proxy server blocks that site.

piojitos #1688895 09/07/06 08:40 PM
T
T
Just emailed it to you. I'll go read it now. I need a good laugh.

ToddAC #1688896 09/07/06 08:55 PM
B
B
It was hilarious..

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
bigkahuna #1688897 09/07/06 08:59 PM
T
T
I have managed to calm down from this past weekend’s tirades especially hearing my youngest son cry like a baby as he bemoaned the loss of our family. I will try to R with WW but only on such terms that are sufficient for me to be happy. Those terms are as follows:

1. Honesty - Complete honesty from her regarding questions I still have about her A that she refuses to answer. This past weekend, she claimed that she never had a PA; that it was only an EA. I know better for a fact. So, when we talk again this weekend, I will tell her that no R is remotely possible if it is built on lies.

2. This item is a corollary of the first. A major concern I have going forward is can I trust her to not have another affair in the future, either with OM or some new dude. Clearly, my faith in her must also be rooted in truth.

3. NC letter to OM.

4. We both go to IC/MC.

5. If/when we physically get back together, she becomes transparent in her movements, schedule, etc.

For the record, I don’t intend to POJA the above conditions; I am way past doing that. Failing any of those conditions, my marriage is doomed and I will move to Plan D. I am not optimistic. She seems happy to bury her head in the sand and pretend she did nothing wrong. What makes it worse is that, based on a telephone conversation I heard which she had with her BF, the lie about the PA was encouraged/demanded by OM. He is trying to repair damage with his son who is not happy with him. The reason for her lies irks me more than the lies.

I welcome comments, pro and con.

Thank you.

Page 112 of 613 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation