Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 118 of 613 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 612 613
piojitos #1688998 09/08/06 11:36 PM
K
K
Oh, blushing now. Wrong translation.

KiwiJ #1688999 09/08/06 11:37 PM
K
K
If you all spoke French, I'd be ok.

KiwiJ #1689000 09/08/06 11:41 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Je parle un peu

ToddAC,

Not to be a mother hen or anything but what does your doctor say about drinking alcohol with your tumor and it's propensity to bleed?

piojitos #1689001 09/08/06 11:43 PM
K
K
I wondered about that as well. This is the second time in a week that Todd has admitted to drinking too much.

Sorry, Todd, we're just a bunch of party poopers. Can't have you enjoying yourself now, can we?

piojitos #1689002 09/08/06 11:43 PM
B
B
Happy Birthday PIO!!

Let's give him another star for his birthday folks!

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
piojitos #1689003 09/09/06 12:04 AM
T
T
ToddAC,

Not to be a mother hen or anything but what does your doctor say about drinking alcohol with your tumor and it's propensity to bleed?

Shhhh....

ToddAC #1689004 09/09/06 12:21 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Actually it would make me happy if we could remove a star.

I see a poster here named Rinderella. Does anyone remember Andy Griffith's Rindercella? How about "what is was was football"?

My mother had that LP and I liked to listen to it.

Come to think of it, does anyone remember what an LP was?

KiwiJ #1689005 09/09/06 12:27 AM
T
T
If you all spoke French, I'd be ok.

L'ignorance est toujours prête à s'admirer.

piojitos #1689006 09/09/06 12:27 AM
P
OP Offline
P

piojitos #1689007 09/09/06 12:52 AM
T
T
Actually it would make me happy if we could remove a star.

I did my part.

I see a poster here named Rinderella. Does anyone remember Andy Griffith's Rindercella? How about "what is was was football"?

Yes, remember both. I still count the Andy Griffith Show as the best ever. Contrasted to shows today, give me a break.

And, yes remember what an LP was. In fact, I am quite certain that I was the last person in the free world to switch to CD's. Except for audiophiles of course.

ToddAC #1689008 09/09/06 01:23 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Lemonman,

I have not posted a particular aspect of this and am hoping to get your honest opinion. My recap of the vacation events was accurate. We had tickets to separate after DW in Miami with WW going to Mexico and we stayed in the USA. We got to the airport and gate-checked us since it was a domestic flight. As we were getting our boarding passes, DD1 was crying and pulling the bags off the scale. We kept putting them back up and she kept pulling them off. This obviously got attention from American Airlines. We finished all that and walked to a different terminal to check in WW. DD1 was angry and in a huff and we practically had to drag her. As we checked in WW, DD1 again began to cry and pull her bags off the scale. More attention. After tagging the bags, we took them over to the X-ray but we sat down before hand. I was angry. I was so angry that gemela had caused all this and had upset DD1 as a result. DD1 was angry and said she hated me and wanted to go to Mexico with WW. WW begged to go to Houston with us. I'll be honest and say I was not resolute in my decision but I was angry. I am sure I LBed and DJed WW to no end. I told her she had a ticket and I didn’t care when she came back. I told her (sarcastically) that, since her ticket was through London, she might even stop off to visit OM for a week or two. I did tell her though that is she did that, she might as well stay because I would never want to see her ever again. I think she may have missed that last part. Selective hearing and all. Anyway, we were still discussing when the Miami police came over and got involved. Long story short, they said we need to resolve our problem but that AA would not allow us to travel with DD1 in her state. We decided to all go to Houston and changed her ticket. We just made the flight – barely.

I had been okay in DW because I new that WW would be leaving in a few days. It was a bit like holding my breath – you can do it for a while. I had mixed emotions about her going to Houston. We had had a great time in DW and I was hopeful that we could work things out. However, in Houston, I sank deeper and deeper into a depression. I was depressed that very soon we would all go back to Saudi to exactly what we had left. Gemela also got into a depression. She became quiet and spoke little for days. I kept asking if something was wrong and she always replied that there wasn't. On about the fourth day of her silence, she told me she missed her family and wished she could go to Mexico. I got a little angry but told her by all means go. She was not making me happy in the least and I would gladly buy her a ticket to see her family but I wanted her gone for a respectable period of time. I told her she could contact the DDs any time but that I did not want to hear one word from her. I told her I needed a break from her and her A and that I hoped she would stay away long enough to make a decision as to what she wanted to do with her life. If she wanted D, all she had to do was say so. I would gladly give her one. She was making my life miserable and I was tired of her.

Anyway, we decided to leave DDs at the house when I took WW to IAH. Good call. Trip was quiet. We got to the airport. We checked her in and then sat down for a few minutes. I was angry again because DD1 was so upset when we left the house. I can't remember what all I said. I did tell her that if, on her return, she spent even on night in London that I was done and she got an automatic divorce.

Now here is the interesting part. She didn't say much during this whole conversation but she did say something to the effect "I am not saying I would do this but why did you tell me last week I could spend a week with OM and now you tell me I can't". I just went ballistic. I told her I was being sarcastic before. She said she missed that. I told her if she ever even spoke to OM on the phone, sent him an email or a birthday card, that I would get a divorce. This pretty much ended the conversation. Of all the things she could have said or asked about, why did she have to ask why I had changed my mind about letting her see OM.

Well we did speak a couple of times on the phone shortly after she got there and I told her how much she had upset me about the one week vacation. She says I misunderstood her. Now, here is where I definitely opinion and suggestion and I probably need a woman's POV too. I was upset because it seemed to me that she was upset that I was not giving her permission to see OM. Okay, her explanation for the comment was this: she was upset that I had apparently given her permission to go see OM and could not understand how I could possibly want her back in our M if it was okay with me that she saw OM. And do you know what? If I set my anger aside, I can almost believe her. We had at least one misunderstanding. The first one was her not recognizing that I was speaking with sarcasm when I mentioned the one week fu**fest. The second MAY be how each of us interpreted her remark at the airport. Giving her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she was concerned that she thought I felt that seeing OM was okay.

Anyway, it could have ended the M right there. Fortunately she left. I stewed about it for days but now it is all behind me. I have decided to not make any decisions until the time when WW does come back to Saudi. As angry as I was, if she had turned up in the Miami airport to catch the same BA flight as us back to Saudi and said that she knew I wanted a separation but that she was going to fight for her M, I would have respected that. That didn't happen. Now she is going to have to bust her a$$ to get back in this M. I am not going to give her any free ride. I am very detached from her and I have found that I don't need her. That is, in the long run, healthy even if we do get back together. Anyway, that is pretty much where things stand. I did post everything and I know things get overrun in this thread but that has its advantages too. I am more comfortable posting that way. If I can clear anything else up for you, just let me know.

I can easily stay separated indefinitely. I have no need for divorce because I will never get involved with a woman again. Even if I wanted to, my HPV is terrible. I have gone to wearing a thigh brace just to keep the sores on my inner thighs from rubbing against the sores on the things that rub against inner thighs. I can at least walk now without constant excruciating pain. I just tried the concept on a whim and it seems to work. I have had this outbreak (the second one) since January of this year and it shows no signs of abating.

piojitos #1689009 09/09/06 01:32 AM
K
K
Here's my unsolicited POV.

1. She thought you meant it would be ok if she met up with the OM for a week. She chose to ignore any sarcasm.

2. I hope that rotten, slimy, predatory, scummy, nasty excuse for a person (OM) rots in he//.

KiwiJ #1689010 09/09/06 01:33 AM
K
K
Or would you prefer me to say what I really think.

(sarcasm)

KiwiJ #1689011 09/09/06 02:02 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Don't say unsolicited. I did say I was interested in it from the woman's perspective. The impression the WW was trying to give me was that she was uncertain about my feelings and that she did not understand how I could be okay with her seeing OM and telling her I still wanted the M. She might feel this is a foreign concept and doubt my sincerity. That is the impression she was trying to give me in our phone conversations. I have not changed my mind over my original interpretation. I am simply throwing this out there for scrutiny.

Because if she ever sees OM again - even just for a brief chat in the airport departure lounge, my marriage is absolutely over. I have suffered enough and she isn't worth any more suffering. I have done everything I could to try to keep the family intact but I am done. She needs to decide how she wants to spend her future. I am happy without her. In fact, I was thinking yesterday about how I have zero stress without her here. I don't have to worry about where she is, who she is calling, is she having another affair, who her enablers are. Nothing. My preference would be that she just calls one day and tells me she is never coming back. That is the ideal situation because it solves every problem. But we need to resolve something for the sake of the DDs. We can't just keep them hanging with "I'll see you soon" "When?" "Very soon".

KiwiJ #1689012 09/09/06 02:08 AM
P
OP Offline
P
scummy, nasty excuse for a person (OM) rots ...

Thanks for ther "OM" clarification. For a moment I thought you were talking about me.

piojitos #1689013 09/09/06 02:13 AM
K
K
LMAO.

You must have missed my earlier post. I said that your relief and lack of stress, now that you are separated from g, is palpable.

KiwiJ #1689014 09/09/06 02:18 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Well let me throw this out there. Should I just keep quiet until WW comes back and see how it goes then or should I just contact her now and tell her I want indefinite separation and not have her come back? I can't imagine how having her back here will make me happy. I don't want that stress again. I am tempted to send her an email and tell her not to bother returning and we can work out a visitation schedule for the DDs. Any comments?

piojitos #1689015 09/09/06 02:57 AM
T
T
Don't let her come back until you are ready. Or until you see some real change in her. Hunker down; that could take a while.

ToddAC #1689016 09/09/06 02:59 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Golly gee, Mr. Wizard. How do I do that from NC and 10 time zones away?

piojitos #1689017 09/09/06 03:21 AM
P
OP Offline
P
ToddAC,

Did you ever get those 16mm science films in grade school? I remember really well done movies narrated by a guy I remember as being bald and something like a middle-aged Mr. Clean. Do you remember his name? I would love to see those old films again.

Page 118 of 613 1 2 116 117 118 119 120 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation