Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 134 of 613 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 612 613
KiwiJ #1689318 09/12/06 07:58 PM
T
T
You know, here it is forty four years later, or so, and a revelation just hit me: the way I learned my IQ was to read it, upside down, as my high school counselor was cajoling me about something. But, since it was upside down, and I didn't transpose the number, I had the wrong notion of my IQ. I read 88. But, upside down, it is 88. So, there, I feel better for having corrected the record. 88 it is. Almost as hot as a 100 W light bulb.

ToddAC #1689319 09/12/06 08:05 PM
N
N
The women & their dogs are the equivalent of men with their fish.

Honeslty I don't look at other womens's profiles. Some people do so they can "see what they're up against". I figure I am who I am so I'll just write what I want people to know or what I think is important to know about me.

Pleanty of men crop out women from their pictures too. Not unlike what you did with the picture of your boys.

Here's one of my pet peeves. Men will say "I look younger than my years" "people tell me I look 10, 15 years younger than I am...I act younger...plus they want someone 16 years younger. Pa leeze.

I think of dating sites as just another way to be introduced to people. They claim all kinds of experience, knowledge in getting people together but nothing beats face to face.

Oh, men & their cars or motorcycles.

As for dancing...I guess it's the fun, loose kinda thing.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
nams #1689320 09/12/06 08:38 PM
N
N
OK, since you've all fallen asleep at your keyboards, I'm off.

Todd, Sandi is a dear, dear friend of mine whom I love with all my heart. She offers these wellness work shops that involve self expression. I took a one day class with her & it was an eye opener. You don't need any art background & in fact it's probably better if you don't have one. I'm artsy & felt I was expressing myself fairly well through my work but I'm really not, not always. Her class help me to get in touch with some things I was unaware of. Maybe you can find a similar class. She works through two hospitals so perhaps there's something in your area.

It's kinda like a massage, you don't really know how tense you are until you feel how loose you are after the massage. It's that with your mind & emotions.

To this day, so many years after her brain tumor odeal, people still come to her as if she is a becon.

Just a thought.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
nams #1689321 09/12/06 09:46 PM
P
OP Offline
P
guess nams picked up her toys and went home.

piojitos #1689322 09/12/06 10:33 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Well I finally did read some of regreted's post. She just has no clue. That probably explains why she feels she can continue to lie and cheat and still save her marriage. Good luck with that one. I guess she needs to be cheated on to really understand what it is that both she and gemela have done. Glad she is gone.

lunamare (at least I think it was you) - you have caused me a lot of grief with the Dr. Phil post. I know anger is a secondary emotion but thanks for reminding me. I just want to say that I am so proud of myself for pulling "orange" day out of the toilet. Now DD2 will be 100%. It makes me proud.

All I can say is TGIW and tomorrow is the weekend. I have no big plans other than to go into town to try to find some New Zealand beef. For the last two weeks, all I can find in the commissary is USA beef and it is way too expensive and way too much fat compared to NZ or Australian beef.

BTW I agree too that ToddAC is as smart as a flog. I am just trying to find ways to work that into my vocabulary. I didn't work out this AM. I sat on my bathroom floor with my little electric heater and reflected. Well I also absorbed some too but I reflected a lot. I decided that I am going to have to eventually get out and do some adult things (not XXX stuff - just things without kids). Unfortunately soccer starts next week and I have been forced into being a coach for 7-8 YO girls. Maybe they will give me a whistle.

ToddAC,

I misled you earlier. I don't have a radial arm saw. I am deathly afraid of them. Stems from a classmate cutting off his fingers in shop on day. He tried to rip cut. Big mistake. The thing about a radial arm saw is that the blade goes the opposite rotation from a table saw. Very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I have a Delta combination miter saw with extentable legs.

my saw

which is good enough and a nice Ryobi BT3100 table saw to get the rest. When necessary, I can go up to the woodshop and use their tools. Being the largest oil company in the world, we have nice things and tools are no exception.

What I could really use though is a router table. I have a Makita router (well - two actually) and I bought a Ryobi router because the Ryobi saw has a place on the table made to mount a router. I just bought the wrong Ryobi router. I might try to make a router table - would be easier with a planer/jointer.

The planer/jointer will have to remain a fantasy a while longer. The thing is, if I had the planer/jointer, I could easily make shoe holders for all gemela's shoes and boots and get rid of the boxes. That would save space and remove hiding places for things like secret cell phones.

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better. I may be sending you a few emails this weekend. I could have some OT issues that I need to discuss OL on the QT PDQ.

And to answer someone's question, yes gemela does know about this web site. She has posted before but stopped in about January. I don't think she has much interest any more which is why I feel somewhat free to post my feelings. Even so, I have to be a little careful because she could be lurking. Not very likely though - I don't think she believes there is much benefit to MB.

piojitos #1689323 09/12/06 11:20 PM
K
K
Wow, if I'd died without seeing that saw I'd have died a very unhappy woman.

I want to see REAL pics. The girls, Pio himself. I noticed Todd got away without showing any pics of himself.

piojitos #1689324 09/12/06 11:53 PM
T
T
I misled you earlier. I don't have a radial arm saw. I am deathly afraid of them. Stems from a classmate cutting off his fingers in shop on day. He tried to rip cut. Big mistake. The thing about a radial arm saw is that the blade goes the opposite rotation from a table saw. Very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

In my view, a table saw is more dangerous than a radial arm saw. But let's be perky here: any power tool is dangerous if proper safety procedures are not followed. Wanna know a dangerous saw? Band saw. Those scare me.

I used to have a nice router table. Someone sold it in a garage sale. Want to guess who?

Let's see we have lost larousse. She hasn't posted in what...two weeks?

And 2much is gone.

Where is everybody?

KiwiJ #1689325 09/12/06 11:57 PM
T
T
Wow, if I'd died without seeing that saw I'd have died a very unhappy woman.

womens!

I want to see REAL pics. The girls, Pio himself. I noticed Todd got away without showing any pics of himself.

I do not have the first digitized pic of me. I will post one if and when I ever get a digital camera. WW has what used to be ours.

ToddAC #1689326 09/13/06 12:56 AM
P
OP Offline
P
yes band saws are dangerous but I don't fear them.

larousse is out finding a gum machine in Mexico City so she can get engaged.

2much is feeding grapes to WH.

regreted is upset and now (hopefully) leaving me alone. Did you read what she wrote me yesterday? Where is she coming from? Am I alone in thinking she is clueless with regard to my sitch?

piojitos #1689327 09/13/06 01:22 AM
K
K
Hey my post went missing.

I said my BIL cut the tops off his fingers using a bandsaw the wrong way up.

I also said he was a plumber and should have known better about dangerous power tools.

piojitos #1689328 09/13/06 01:29 AM
T
T
larousse is out finding a gum machine in Mexico City so she can get engaged.

I have a box of cracker jack. Should I send it to her? She may find that elusive diamond ring inside.

2much is feeding grapes to WH.

Are the grapes peeled?

regreted is upset and now (hopefully) leaving me alone. Did you read what she wrote me yesterday? Where is she coming from? Am I alone in thinking she is clueless with regard to my sitch?

It is obvious that regreted projects her own sitch onto yours. She described herself and BH as both having dominant personalities. I think it is difficult for her to admit she messed up and yet, as you say, still belives that lies will save her marriage. Lies will be the fall of her marriage. Hate to generalize but it must be something in the water because WW also thinks she can lie her way out of this mess.

ToddAC #1689329 09/13/06 01:43 AM
T
T
Okay, fair warning was issued. Here are the lyrics to my current earworm. Love this song. Saw him/them on the Letterman show last week.

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy Lyrics

I remember when, I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so plesant about that place
Even your emotions had an echo in so much space

And when you're out there,without care
Yeah I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much

Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Probably

And I hope that you are havin' the time of your life
But think twice, that's my only advice

Come on now who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you
think you are, ha ha ha, bless your soul
You really think you're in control

well,
I think you're Crazy
I think you're Crazy
I think you're Crazy
Just like me

My heroes had the heart to live their lives out on a limb
And all I remember is thinkin' I wanna be like them.

Ever since I was little, ever since I was little it looked like fun
And there's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done

But maybe I'm Crazy
Maybe you're Crazy
Maybe we're Crazy
Probably

ToddAC #1689330 09/13/06 01:52 AM
K
K
Without the music it's a bit hard to sing along.

KiwiJ #1689331 09/13/06 01:53 AM
K
K
Time to go. Nearly dinner time.

Talk to you all in the morning.

KiwiJ #1689332 09/13/06 01:54 AM
T
T
Without the music it's a bit hard to sing along.

Do you know the song?

Have you heard of the Beatles?

Popcorn?

Bicycles?

Trains?

KiwiJ #1689333 09/13/06 01:57 AM
T
T
Time to go. Nearly dinner time.

Talk to you all in the morning.

Okay, in the morning to you would be Saturday? Pio has started his weekend already so it is Friday there so Saturday makes sense for NZ. Then, why is it only early Wednesday morning here?

ToddAC #1689334 09/13/06 01:58 AM
K
K
Very funny.

I had QUITE enough of that sort of stuff from Robby13 this afternoon thank you very much. I think he told every sheep joke ever created.

No, I don't know if I know the song or not. As I say, without the music......

KiwiJ #1689335 09/13/06 02:00 AM
K
K
In the morning tomorrow will be Thursday afternoon to you. Pio's weekends are very strange. Something about the weekends being Thursday and Friday.

KiwiJ #1689336 09/13/06 02:17 AM
T
T
In the morning tomorrow will be Thursday afternoon to you. Pio's weekends are very strange. Something about the weekends being Thursday and Friday.

So, it's really Thursday here?

ToddAC #1689337 09/13/06 02:30 AM
P
OP Offline
P
No. It either already is Wednesday or will be Wednesday in a few minutes everywhere in the world that is important. The rest doesn't matter - just a few insignificant islands mostly.

I agree about regreted. I think she confuses me with her WH sometimes. I think she believes that gemela is doing everything to try to salvage the marriage because regreted is (well sort of trying). What regreted does not understand is that gemela has kept embracing the A and refused to commit to the M. Anyway, I am tired of talking about regreted. I am also tired of misspelling it.

Page 134 of 613 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 612 613

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation